Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:15:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying coffee with cryptocurrency  (Read 630 times)
indrakusumaindra (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:39:06 AM
Merited by daenarys_stormborn (1)

More businesses are accepting cryptocurrency as a payment for their product especially in food and beverage section. In canada KFC are accepting Bitcoin as a payment and now there is a news about Starbucks planing to use blockchain technology and want to make their own coin that can be use to buy cup of coffee.
Link: https://www.coindesk.com/starbucks-chairman-hot-blockchain-cold-bitcoin/

i believe this is good news for uses of cryptocurrency, which is the uses of cryptocurrency as payment would be realize in our future of transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
godless_toast

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 01:52:41 AM

isn't it great? we're finally seeing adoption of crypto for business. i think it's pretty significant that the ceo of starbucks said bitcoin wouldn't be accepted there, because he didn't ever believe in its potential for payments. Raiblocks has been gaining steam for payments, recently headphones .com started accepting payments in XRB. i've also seen some websites move away from BTC and accept only ETH or LTC.
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:00:31 AM

isn't it great? we're finally seeing adoption of crypto for business. i think it's pretty significant that the ceo of starbucks said bitcoin wouldn't be accepted there, because he didn't ever believe in its potential for payments. Raiblocks has been gaining steam for payments, recently headphones .com started accepting payments in XRB. i've also seen some websites move away from BTC and accept only ETH or LTC.
The idea is pretty unique. I'd purchase something with Bitcoin if I was within that area. The whole fact that people are using Bitcoin is excellent.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zzHQzz

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:03:54 AM

Apparently he dont know about the lightning network that is basically live already Smiley bitcoin is already in his place, however every cryptocurrency HAS to evolve to stay alive. Both BTC and ETH are perfectly aware of it
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:04:42 AM

This is good sign for cryptocurrency market so the community of cryptocurrency and blockchain will be bigger because many adoption of it. In my country Indonesia also there are start ups that development platform which the user able to buy good and service by cryptocurrency easyly, and also buy and sell any crypto just using mobile app with easy step so newcomer in crypto will be easy to do it. Other than that, now many other starts ups also development product to easy to use cryptocurrency to buy good and service in everyday life. So more and more adoption of cryptocurrency will come and the community also will be bigger.

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:14:22 AM

huh ... KFCoin , Starbucks Coin , 2018 - there are a lot of company starting to join blockchain and planning to accept cryptocurrency as their payment method , I'm not surprised that everyone talking about blockchain / crypto in near future , so join early = earn more profit , even if country want to banned crypto , they can't do that , look at South Korea , they only fines exchanges over privacy violations , not banned ......  Smiley
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:15:44 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 04:19:56 AM by lionheart89
Merited by coinfast (5)

More businesses are accepting cryptocurrency as a payment for their product especially in food and beverage section. In canada KFC are accepting Bitcoin as a payment and now there is a news about Starbucks planing to use blockchain technology and want to make their own coin that can be use to buy cup of coffee.

i believe this is good news for uses of cryptocurrency, which is the uses of cryptocurrency as payment would be realize in our future of transaction.
yes this is good news for criptocurrency users. But I think it will be difficult to realize due to regulatory issues in various countries. one of Indonesia that prohibits transactions using cryptocurrency for various reasons.
choychifung

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:26:52 AM

interesting to know. If they use their our cryptocurrencies. then we can find in future there are will be more and more crypto come out. maybe tens and hundreds of times now we see today.

SafeKeet ICO: A new cryptocurrency for a Simple, Smart & Secure digital safe deposit box
—————— ■  ICO SALE FEBRUARY 1, 2018  ■ ——————
WhitepaperBitcointalk ANNTelegramTwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:31:42 AM
Merited by Turk Ace (3)

I have some doubts about the Starbucks coin. If they need lower transaction fee and fastest transactions then they need to wait for the lightning network release, then Bitcoin will be totaly suitable for the micropayments. Issuing a new coin will be a bad decision because altcoins are more likely to be more volatile and can easily make over 50% change just for one day. In this case your money can devaluate on your way from home to he coffeeshop. They need either to create electronic payment system that can be funded with crypto or just start accepting already established coins.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:45:33 AM

This is a great idea because little by little is known bitcoin and use bitcoin as a means of transaction but what about the cost incurred to pay for a cup of coffee ?? if it would be more expensive
Fredchan

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:54:26 AM

it's a good news. More and more companies accept and participate in cryptocurrency.
This decade is babyhood of cryptocurrency. So it's reasonable to believe that cryptocurrency will take significant role in society in next decade.
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:05:28 AM
Merited by zmkriel (1)

Sounds great! buying coffee with cryptocurrency? It means the industry becoming pupular and supported by business establishments and it means the acceptance is becoming wider and eventually it could be used regularly also as payment method to many, it will help lessen the hassle also, it contributes convenience to payment system because aside from paying cash or paying credit cards, the cryptocurrency could be done too, so more choices the better way of life😃
bunsaskii

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

This is the truly the year where we see some major companies change their stance on cryptocurrency payments. Starbucks won't take Bitcoin now, but we can almost be certain that with the Lightning update, concerns over daily micro-payments clogging the blocks won't be an issue anymore. Now the real question is when will Dunkin Donuts start accepting and that's when we've made it Cheesy
squesto

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:26:57 AM

Well.. there is a cafe in Singapore that accepts BTC or its own token for payment. I'll be curious to know how it is doing

http://www.businessinsider.com/cashless-bitcoin-cafe-singapore-2017-12

Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:58:08 AM

There was a thread that said McDonald's would do it now KFC. It would be good if this happens. I'm glad Starbucks wants to do it and even codac are getting on board the crypro train. These are big brands so it should be good. I wonder how it will effect the bitcoin price?
think3214

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:23:01 AM

"Bitcoins are not legal currencies, but may be a substitute for cash in the future," said Starbucks executive chairman. And if in the future some applications are available to consumers, cash will be digitized. I also hope this happens, a world without cash is wonderful.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:28:55 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 08:01:51 AM by Kryten12

Yes it is a great idea to be able to spend your crypto currencies for everyday items whether large or small, but you are still thinking inside the box trying to get businesses to adopt Bitcoin payments. I received my Crypto Debit card last month, I can spend in millions of locations anywhere in the world that accepts mastercard and I can choose from 8 currencies what I wat to pay with.

Have a look at Centra it will solve all the acceptance issues we have to date and there are zero transaction fees.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:33:40 AM

I really like the idea. I'm studying now for my new local Cafe business that would consider Cryptocurrency as one of the mode of payment for my products and services in order that people will be able to understand what Cryptocurrency is all about.
Bitcoin, Altcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency are our future of money and out monetary system that will eliminate to much effort on handling our assets and this is the best time show then that the world will be transforming into cashless payment and trading.

Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:35:34 AM

I wonder if it can be  possible in Europe or in Russia.  However paying with BTC for coffee isn't that cool, because comissions are so high.  Apparently we have to implement another crypto for such payments.

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:38:14 AM

This is a great idea because little by little is known bitcoin and use bitcoin as a means of transaction but what about the cost incurred to pay for a cup of coffee ?? if it would be more expensive

Indeed, the people of your community will realize that we're now adapting Cryptocurrency as one of the mode of payment for products and services.
This idea would educate people the importance of Cryptocurrency and they will adapt little by little and then they will turn into Cryptocurrency after time.
I'm going to adapt this to my planned café business in my home town.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: