Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new gambling site through investors. Poker by Dabs  (Read 3901 times)
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:53:22 PM

@superbit, Pai Gow looks complicated. I'm thinking I might do something like Sic Bo instead. It can be made as fast as all the other dice sites.

@filharvey, I can take a look if you want. I know that Poker the way I want it is going to be uphill.

Sic Bo is easier for sure but not sure that it has the same community feel as dicing.  Maybe if somehow everyone bet on the same roll, but then I'm not sure how you would establish the pace of the rolls.  (same goes for craps)  I still like my dice idea from above Smiley

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:10:52 AM

Sic Bo is easier for sure but not sure that it has the same community feel as dicing.  Maybe if somehow everyone bet on the same roll, but then I'm not sure how you would establish the pace of the rolls.  (same goes for craps)  I still like my dice idea from above Smiley

None of any of the current top dice sites are really "community dicing", but rather, each player is dicing on his own (his own rolls, his own server seed, client seed, nonce, except for onedice). The community feel comes from the integrated chat room, and where people can see the All Bets tab or view.

Sic Bo or Craps could be implemented the same way, each player dices on his own (because some players might actually take time placing bets all over their table). Then roll. Or pick one bet, and roll roll roll.

You could make everyone bet on the same roll, bet on the same table, you'd sort of see everyone's bet all over the table, but the pace would be either a fixed time dictated by the dealer / croupier, or it would wait until all players have clicked on "bet / roll".

Some players might get pissed off at the delay, unless the table is rolling every minute with a count down timer on top.

Then you could have different tables for different speeds. The slow players can stick to the slow table (rolls every 2 minutes) while the fast players can flock to the fast table (rolls every 20 seconds).

Ok, this isn't poker anymore, hehe.

electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:38:37 AM

Dabs,

Provably fair online poker is a very very neat idea, from the perspective that no one who plays online poker can actually verify if the RNG is RNG. To be able to advertise your site as being provably fair and this RNG as legit would be something that you possess over every other online poker room in the world.

The only problem is that every single bitcoin centric poker room besides swc has failed.

Have you considered building something around USD/fiat instead?
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:53:49 AM

well i guess no place for a small fish like me who has less than a Bitcoin *sob* I can understand why you dont want many investorsas it can get pretty messy

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:59:23 AM

It's interesting to see this continue from 2013
So is this a natural extension of Dabs lottery remember that was a thing for a while.
Best of luck with this kind of like SWC but perhaps it will grow on people could try havelock seen S.Dice trade there and CBTC IPO there.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:01:41 AM

Dabs, haven't you managed gambling websites before? What lead to closing them? From what I recall, your past projects were simpler that what you're proposing here. Why should people trust you with that?
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:16:56 PM

Everyone else, thanks for the feedback. Poker is indeed going to be difficult. I offered SwC to help them if they ever want to do Provably Fair, but they politely declined saying it's not a priority.

They do have a point, because they are a trusted bitcoin poker site. But still, it's something to be able to say that your game is provably fair.

I mean, no one is ever going to play on any blackjack, roulette, dice, or lotto game that is not provably fair anymore.

Dabs, haven't you managed gambling websites before? What lead to closing them? From what I recall, your past projects were simpler that what you're proposing here. Why should people trust you with that?

This poker game is the most ambitious project I have. I intend to actually start smaller (probably a dice site like so many others you see here.)

I've never managed any gambling websites except my lotto (it's not even a website).

This whole thread is more like a dream.

At this point in time, it remains academic. The reality is that I will probably go partner up with some local people to put up a "regular" dice game site. So much easier. Then this thread can point there for those people who trust me enough to "invest" in that one when it's up and running.

Have you considered building something around USD/fiat instead?

Sorry, I'm not going to get involved if it touches USD/fiat. Too "dangerous". I'll let the exchanges handle the conversion and I can be "clean" with just bitcoins.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:43:44 AM

I'll make a new thread sooner or later, but I thought I would bump this and also say that I'm considering just putting up a dice site, with 4 people (myself included), for about 300 BTC only. Considering when I first posted this, the exchange rate was only $100 USD per BTC, now it has gone up.

The 3 other people are all local to me, so if they try to run away, I can shoot them. (Just kidding.)

300 BTC covers 3-4 months development time 2-3 months beta test time, and 6 months total operating expenses, as well as the salaries of the 3 people (who can be paid in fiat if they don't want to keep bitcoins.)

Currently, we are talking to a Filipino-Chinese businessman to become an investor. His business is Armored vehicles and a security guard agency. The plan is to scare him that his Armored car business will die when bitcoin takes over the world and banks no longer need paper money. hehehe.

We can work out the terms on how your investment pays you back, I estimate that we will be profitable after the 6th month, and if everything goes as planned (which usually never does) we can pay back the principal and interest in 12 months.

The goal is to raise between $120k USD to $160k USD equivalent, or 300 BTC to 400 BTC. Investors will have my complete dox (not like it's already mostly out there) but not my 3 other people, for their safety. And you can track the coins in the blockchain.

Progress and milestones and Gantt charts and all those other "business" stuff will be provided.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: