Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:48:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins-e.com a fucked up exchange  (Read 3140 times)
bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:35:01 AM

Coins-e.com is fucked up exchange, you want evidence? Check their xpm/btc trading...its been hanging on those prices for more than 24 hours now and nobody bothers answering reports or complaints.
I have noticed some guys also having trouble on withdrawing their coins, with no response from their support.

Hey Coins-e.com, wake up and fix your shits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 08:54:43 AM

So what is your complaint exactly ? That you don't get an answer from support ASAP ? That there's a bug ?

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:10:13 AM

So what is your complaint exactly ? That you don't get an answer from support ASAP ? That there's a bug ?

Joerii, did you bother to read my 1st post? its all there in summary. Need to say more?
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:11:53 AM

Primecoin has some recent trades, are you just unhappy about the prices?  Huh

bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:35:56 AM

Primecoin has some recent trades, are you just unhappy about the prices?  Huh

Have you noticed some abnormalities here? This has been going on for almost 24 hrs, and no one bothers to fix this?

bidji29

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:42:16 AM

If you want reliability and security. Don't trade a Coin-e.
It's the same things with Vircurex and cryptsys.
I know for a lot of altcoin there is no other possibilities than those site.

But for XPM, you have mcxNOW, with 0 problem since the launch, 4 month ago...

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:18:50 AM

If there were no problems, why are people complaining about mcxnow? There is a free speech problem. If you criticize anything about the exchange or the fees or the operator, you are immediately labeled as a troll, stupid, and you can lose your right to chat/right to prepaid fee-shares or even lose your account there. But I read that RS is aware of his negative attitude there and that he does know he need a better PR person & better customer support. And trolls, don't attack me again, I am just helping with advice and I am not the only one with that opinion. In the end, better service will attract more people and generate more value with fee-shares.

About coins-e, I received this:

28. avgust 2013 20:33

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused. Our technical team will soon fix the issue. Your support and patience is highly appreciated.

--
Thank you
Coins-e Support team

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM, <contact@coins-e.com> wrote:

Content: Hello

Selling queue seems to be stuck on xpm-btc pair. The order is queued but it doesn't finish.

best regards
eule

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:30:19 AM

Didn't notice the prices, that's weird indeed. Not sure why bidji29 bashes cryptsy and vircurex but not mcxnow, i think they are all rather OK.

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:10:57 PM

Orb, buff said
eule

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:09:15 PM

That explains it then. Cryptsy had some downtimes, but they seem to have fixed that.

SoulSlayerPT

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:42:43 PM

I have a lot deposits pending: redcoins, grandcoins and richcoins. I don't understand why! I checked redcoin blockexplorer and the transaction has a lot of confirmations.

I contacted them and i am waiting for a response.
hendo420

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 04:13:58 PM

I tried to sell into those xpm prices and the trades just stayed as queued. Atleast I was able to withdraw my XPM, I would be pretty steamed if they were stuck in the exchange.

ebmarket.co
Coins-e

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:28:01 PM

XPM/BTC now fixed,
please use the Coins-E contact us support option it's their for a reason.
support responds in under 24h you have no reason to come here.

https://Coins-E.com still in Beta but growing fast.
bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:21:17 PM

Thanks for finally fixing it after 24 hours.. you should mention that on your support system, and I have every right to post here and tell everybody on how GOOD your technical support respond in real time, so dont fucking tell me what to do. ( it shows how you handle your customers ). And WHERE in your website it tells coins-e is a fucking Beta Release? Another excuse to fuck around with the traders?
Coins-e

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:28:26 PM

Coins-E is a new exchange, changes might happen like the new layout. but your crypto currency is always safe.
Bugs happen on every exchange, please accept our apologies.
LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:09:56 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 10:20:15 PM by LittleDigger

Theres something that people who don't play with code should understand. No matter how much you alpha test, you can't simulate every real world condition.. Hence the beta testing in real world conditions.

PhenixEx and CoinEx are two exchanges currently in beta testing also. They have not been perfect and changes have been required. Crypsty also has had problems, some after it has been established for a while. It is difficult to name any exchange that has operated perfectly from it's introduction.

If you use an exchange or any other service running in beta you should accept that there will be tweaks and perhaps outages so the service can be perfected. That is what a beta is for and why it is made clear that the service is being tested.

There should also be a realisation that while bitcoin has had time for development, there is rapid development in alternatives, and often developers have real world commitments, such as jobs and families. The economy hasn't grown enough to generate the profits that would allow full time participation for many developers. Therefore even with members of development teams spread across several time zones, it can be impossible to maintain a 24 hour presence.

Developers in general do their best in responding to difficulties as promptly and efficiently as the situation allows. I believe they should be given some latitude, after all they are building the infrastructure that is bringing utility, and therefore worth, to the cryptocurrencies you hold.

Unwarranted criticism when they do not live up to unrealistic expections is not only a disservice to them, but a disservice to the cryptocommunity as a whole.

Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:44:34 PM

Coins-E is a new exchange, changes might happen like the new layout. but your crypto currency is always safe.
Bugs happen on every exchange, please accept our apologies.

Allow me to translate this for you:

We're a new exchange WTF? Things happen with new sites but we didn't lose your .00988 coins, you high roller LOL!

Shit happens on every exchange and if you don't like it, fuck off and die.

Translation complete:

~BCX~

Grin
bitwarrior (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:52:01 AM

Theres something that people who don't play with code should understand. No matter how much you alpha test, you can't simulate every real world condition.. Hence the beta testing in real world conditions.

PhenixEx and CoinEx are two exchanges currently in beta testing also. They have not been perfect and changes have been required. Crypsty also has had problems, some after it has been established for a while. It is difficult to name any exchange that has operated perfectly from it's introduction.

If you use an exchange or any other service running in beta you should accept that there will be tweaks and perhaps outages so the service can be perfected. That is what a beta is for and why it is made clear that the service is being tested.

There should also be a realisation that while bitcoin has had time for development, there is rapid development in alternatives, and often developers have real world commitments, such as jobs and families. The economy hasn't grown enough to generate the profits that would allow full time participation for many developers. Therefore even with members of development teams spread across several time zones, it can be impossible to maintain a 24 hour presence.

Developers in general do their best in responding to difficulties as promptly and efficiently as the situation allows. I believe they should be given some latitude, after all they are building the infrastructure that is bringing utility, and therefore worth, to the cryptocurrencies you hold.

Unwarranted criticism when they do not live up to unrealistic expections is not only a disservice to them, but a disservice to the cryptocommunity as a whole.

Nice translation... no wonder why the  alt coin market is going for a long winding spiral down.. if such kind of mentality of Assholes will continue to persist and pervade, .. security and confidence   on these kind of coins will go down the bottomless pit.
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:57:25 AM

Stop making sense
prncssmina

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:21:04 AM

Can anyone help me? Coins-e seems to be the only exchange offering ORB but I absolutely have come to detest them because I have to email every time i receive a deposit and then it magically appears... I wonder how many people dont email about missing deposits and coins-e just keeps them...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: