Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System  (Read 4477 times)
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:56:50 PM

Hi there,

Right now there is 8 people
We have told the Department of Corrections, we will give them tokens to disburse within the pilot prison as they see fit.  How they will do this is still up in the air.  
Will there be any way for inmates to earn cellblocks tokens? I think giving them opportunities to earn tokens could be really cool, but I'm not sure if that is an option.

It's good to leave that option open to them. It would be cool if they chose to do that. The more I learn about this project, the better it sounds. It's a really good idea.

How many people work on the team?

Thanks for the reply. I think that's pretty solid for the beginning. Who in your team is responsible for answering questions here?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kardon

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:44:48 PM

why not.
your idea makes me ponder, I wonder why you decided to implement it.
but it is really possible and promising, as in prisons, first of all, control and openness are needed.
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:07:42 PM

I know prisons are government funded, so money is typically tight. My question is, who will be paying for the infrastructure of this program, including kiosks. Will this come out of the CellBlocks budget or are you expecting prisons to fund it?

That is what we are raising the funds for in the ICO to pay for this to be installed in the prisons, this is like the bonus to be early in the program, they get it installed at our cost.  We then use this to promote to other prisons.   With over 1,700 prisons, we cant afford to install them at every one, but enough so they can see the value and they will pay to have them installed.  Plus the saving they will get from having this installed in the prison will pay itself off in 6 months or less depending on the size of the prisons
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:10:51 PM

why not.
your idea makes me ponder, I wonder why you decided to implement it.
but it is really possible and promising, as in prisons, first of all, control and openness are needed.

My family works in the prison system and i got to thinking no one is offering this service to the prison who is using a way outdated way of getting funds into the prison

"The price of doing the same old thing is far higher
than the price of change.” —Bill Clinton
Jaephoenix

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:51:45 PM

I can't post my my reports on the bounties page
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:09:02 PM

I can't post my my reports on the bounties page

Post it here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3000487.0;topicseen
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:17:09 PM

Yes, April 1st,  we do NOT offer any type of private sale.

How does one buy Cellblocks? Do we need to wait for April 1?

Can US investors get in on this? Seems like half the new projects I find just completely disallow us from participating.

Can US investors get in on this?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:26:04 PM

I know prisons are government funded, so money is typically tight. My question is, who will be paying for the infrastructure of this program, including kiosks. Will this come out of the CellBlocks budget or are you expecting prisons to fund it?

That is what we are raising the funds for in the ICO to pay for this to be installed in the prisons, this is like the bonus to be early in the program, they get it installed at our cost.  We then use this to promote to other prisons.   With over 1,700 prisons, we cant afford to install them at every one, but enough so they can see the value and they will pay to have them installed.  Plus the saving they will get from having this installed in the prison will pay itself off in 6 months or less depending on the size of the prisons

That is good to know. I was hoping that was the case.  Cheesy Obviously that makes sense that you guys won't be able to fund all prisons, but getting it started and having the proof of concept + the bonus will really make people interested. I think this is a good start.
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:57:29 PM

Is there an estimate of how much the kiosk and setup will cost for an average prison?
HerrHeimlich

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:06:52 PM

it's incredibly difficult to make this idea work, even in the US, not to mention other countries where prison conditions are more violent.
already there are any arrangements in any organizations to implement this idea?

Sometimes really good solutions are difficult to implement. I think Cellblocks is an example of a good solution and it might be somewhat difficult. But it seems as if they already have the solution fleshed out and it's just awaiting approval of states.
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:27:15 PM

I have heard that some ICOs are being labeled as securities which is making them open to more regulation. Is Cellblocks labeled as a security or a utility?
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:53:42 PM

I have heard that some ICOs are being labeled as securities which is making them open to more regulation. Is Cellblocks labeled as a security or a utility?

We are labeled a utility token
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:54:52 PM

Is there an estimate of how much the kiosk and setup will cost for an average prison?

The average installed unit is about 3,000.  Each prison depending on its size can have anywhere from 3 to 10 units
thinklab71
Copper Member

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:31:41 AM

Thats not to bad for a kiosk. Guess its not the fancy ones we see in the mall or airports or the inmates can break them.  I am only guessing they are built like tanks :-)
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:19:57 AM

Yes, as you can see in the presentation on the home page, in the back of the book you will see a demo.  It is like a tank :-)
CCitiesLZones

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:19:38 PM

Hello Dev, I can't find the signature for junior members. Or do we use the one for members?
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:42:19 PM

Hello Dev, I can't find the signature for junior members. Or do we use the one for members?

Yea use that one
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:00:33 PM

We are labeled a utility token

Thank you. I'm glad to see that Cellblocks is labeled a utility token.
HerrHeimlich

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:56:26 PM

I never considered how prisons are unable to profit from inmate-to-inmate money transfers. I think it's going to make prisons more interested in this project to see the estimated $3 billion dollars worth of transactions between inmates per year and how that could eventually be a return on investing in Cellblocks. I hope you guys really stress that in your presentations Smiley
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:13:02 PM

The average installed unit is about 3,000.  Each prison depending on its size can have anywhere from 3 to 10 units

That price is much more reasonable than I had initially expected. I think prisons will also find that price to be fair. Especially with the added bonus of getting in on the project early and potentially getting the kiosks installed for free. That's a pretty impressive idea. Once a couple of prisons adopt it and see success, most others will likely follow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: