Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:44:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Novaexchange will not close - but deposits disabled  (Read 118 times)
Zocadas (OP)

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:34:25 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 12:21:15 PM by Zocadas

Novaexchange announced on its site, that they are not closing. That is great, because it was one of my favorite exchangers for buying new/exotic coins. Withdrawals work like usual and are fair, except Bitcoin withdraw fee: It is over 0.002 BTC. But that is no problem, because we just can exchange to another coin.
But deposits are disabled on all coins. And trollbox seems still not to be very active.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

Novaexchange announced on its site, that they are not closing. That is great, because it was one of my favorite exchangers for buying ne/exotic coins. Withdrawals work like usual and are fair, except Bitcoin withdraw fee: It is over 0.002 BTC. But that is no problem, because we just can exchange to another coin.
But deposits are disabled on all coins. And trollbox seems still not to be very active.

Nova never was closing. Even when people said that they were closing, what they did in reality was actually send out an email saying that they will be pausing and handing over operations to a new administration team. And all the steps they took was basically in preparation of the handover and user funds should not have been tampered with and carried over fully. Seems like they've already re-enabled it.

Novaexchange was one of favs also, I especially enjoyed the trollbox which after poloniex closed its own, was probably one of the best on exchanges.

Once the handover is complete, then deposits should be functional again. Great news for all who lurked around on nova before its operations paused.

Smiley
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:03:29 PM

Novaexchange announced on its site, that they are not closing. That is great, because it was one of my favorite exchangers for buying ne/exotic coins. Withdrawals work like usual and are fair, except Bitcoin withdraw fee: It is over 0.002 BTC. But that is no problem, because we just can exchange to another coin.

Nova never was closing. Even when people said that they were closing, what they did in reality was actually send out an email saying that they will be pausing and handing over operations to a new administration team. And all the steps they took was basically in preparation of the handover and user funds should not have been tampered with and carried over fully. Seems like they've already re-enabled it.

Novaexchange was one of favs also, I especially enjoyed the trollbox which after poloniex closed its own, was probably one of the best on exchanges.

Once the handover is complete, then deposits should be functional again. Great news for all who lurked around on nova before its operations paused.
Definitely agree with you mate.Im also a user of this exchange which i can say the experience was good not too much hassle compared into other exchange when it comes on using their service. They would never close inspite of those words which the same as you said. Its quiet a good decision for closing their deposit since they would really need to handle backlogs for sure. Sooner or later they would really re-enable it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:51:38 PM

Nova never was closing. Even when people said that they were closing, what they did in reality was actually send out an email saying that they will be pausing and handing over operations to a new administration team.

That's not how I remember it. When they first posted the announcement, this is what it said:

2017-10-30 12:09 - Intimation of closure of Novaexchange

Kindly note "Novaexchange" will have new owners and management effective April 2018, with major upgrades to the exchange to better handle scaling, stability and security.

For better management and security of customer funds we have decided to close down Novaexchange so that the users can withdraw all their funds with no participation/responsibility of action of the new management.

Preliminary plan:
2017-10-30 This information goes public, user registration closes, addcoin page closes, disabling deposits of ETC and ETH
2017-11-30 Deposits disabled for ALL coins, all users get level 3 verified account level
2017-12-15 ONE last deposit scan to take care of deposits made after 2017-11-30
2018-01-31 Email reminder to all registered users
2018-02-28 Trading engine stops, dice game stops, API stops
2018-03-31 Login stop, website replaced with information
2018-04-15 Support closes, all Novaexchange user data removed

Remaining user balances that has not been withdrawn before 2018-04-01 will be considered a donation and is not refundable.

It never made sense to me. If they were deleting all user data, what value would be transferred to a new management team? The whole thing seemed fishy. It seems like the deposit closure may have been a way for Nova to manipulate prices for whatever reason. At this point, the exchange is deserted because of the way they announced the closure. I'm not sure how they will get their user base back now that so many new exchanges have come online.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: