Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:42:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining coming to an end?  (Read 358 times)
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:19:51 PM

I think in an ideal world there is only one proof of work system needed, others can be build upon that. It doesn't have to be necessary build on it, but it can also be a reference of validation like komodo does with delayed proof of work. Cryptocurrencies without proof of work is not an option, as for now. I don't see DAG as a concurrent because it hasn't shown to be immune for 33% attacks.  
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:25:07 PM

When more projects are moving to Proof of Stake from Proof of Work, then mining as we know it might be less required. But on the other hand, mining are becoming light weight and far more accessible.

Check out projects like Hadron, which allow you to mine in mobile browser for supporting AI tasks. The mining power spent on Hadron are actually being used on real task rather tying the lottery to solve the hashing problem, therefore much more efficient.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:26:41 PM

Hey everyone,

So I know there are still coins getting made that can be mined but compared to how it used to be and how many tokens get made instead of actual blockchain cryptocurrencies that can be mined.

Could it get to the point where mining actual Cryptocurrencies comes to an end?

There are still several coins that are still minable and I don't think mining can come to an end because even if a particular coin is fully mined which is what I am yet to see, all of the equipment can be deployed to mine another coin and that is the reason why there was noise at some point that miners are switching to another coins at the expense of btc. With the amount of minable coins coming out on a daily basis, mining will continue to have a space in this crypto world.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:32:10 PM

So I know there are still coins getting made that can be mined but compared to how it used to be and how many tokens get made instead of actual blockchain cryptocurrencies that can be mined.

It is not a big surprise to know that the mining will stop one day when all the coins are mined but it will take a long time,but then after that transaction fees is the perk the miners will be looking for in order for them to continue the process,even if you look now in terms of bitcoin the miners are earning more than a couple of bitcoins as transaction fees with every block.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:35:56 PM

Hey everyone,

There are still several coins that are still minable and I don't think mining can come to an end because even if a particular coin is fully mined which is what I am yet to see, all of the equipment can be deployed to mine another coin and that is the reason why there was noise at some point that miners are switching to another coins at the expense of btc. With the amount of minable coins coming out on a daily basis, mining will continue to have a space in this crypto world.
There would always be a place for them and as you said there are lots of mine-able coins that do come out and as a miner you would really switch off into a coin which would really make you profit. Jumping out from one coin to another is a common thing for them to do. Talking about from POW to POS theres really a significant change if theres a transition but well i dont really see on the possibility regarding on this one.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:05:41 PM

It is not a big surprise to know that the mining will stop one day when all the coins are mined but it will take a long time,but then after that transaction fees is the perk the miners will be looking for in order for them to continue the process,even if you look now in terms of bitcoin the miners are earning more than a couple of bitcoins as transaction fees with every block.

When the time comes that mining is stop or all coins is mined up, its possible that transaction fee will also go up. But I think developers are anticipating this situation and doing something to solve this situation.

But seems many coins are adopting Proof of Stakes.

Open for Campaigns
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: