Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:58:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: going from X to Y challenges in Z months...  (Read 42 times)
Pursuer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:35:52 AM

I have been around quite a while now and I have seen a lot of people start up these "challenge" type of topics here saying something like "going from 0.01BTC to 1BTC in .... months". I sometimes follow them a while but I never see them in long term. as if they give up or get bored with updating it here!

so my first Q is has anyone finished any of these so far?

I want it mostly for motivational purposes Tongue I have been away from trading for a while and I wanted to get back on the horse again, probably in a month or two in March when the market is heated up to the max again.

if you have any suggestions, I am all ears.
my plan is to start with something between 0.01BTC-0.1BTC and try to make 100% profit each month (increase 2x monthly).

Only Bitcoin
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:42:33 AM

I have seen such topics too but they get loosen up over the time and we never see them again! Could be one of the thing that you think! Get bored or Loose hopes might be.

Speaking about your goals, Im sure this is very rare to achieve because we can see too wavy market months after month and this process is very much cyclic and non ending. There could be chance that you earn 10X for the first month and later it might happen that the whole market turns itself upside down, e.g. case of the December where things went down quickly. In such instances it could happen that your 10X may turn into -10X with you having just the initial investment again and in many instances you might loose that too.

So see this is case where again whole unpredictable job takes the shape and make things worse over the time. The cancellation phenomenon might go on and yo may loose the hope in the same manner as others did!

You can try out this goal and you get only get two outcomes , --> Loss or ---> Big Profits.
:-)
Pursuer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:00:21 AM

very true.
I am not an expert in trading in any ways but I have been trading for nearly as long as I have been around so I have some idea what I am dealing with. and my goal is to get back to it after being away for some time and try to reach the 2x. how successful I would be this time is unknown...

I wanted to start this topic to share some ideas and goals here. I may even start one of these from X to Z in Z months myself ... I don't know how much people would like that though.

Only Bitcoin
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:48:31 AM

In most cases those popics were just a bunch of spam. They were aither created with a purpose of spamming the forum or just became boring. If people really want to show their goal or achievements then they are doing it a bit wrong. Usualy they show their portfolio saying "I'm gona make a million with this shit", I'm not surprised that people are loosing interest to it. What could be really nice if someone created a thread explaining his every step like why he picked that coin, what made him buy / sell it in this particular moment and give daily updates. All your decisions should be backed by real facts that pushed you to it. Not such mysterious things like your experience, spider sensors, magic globe etc.
Looking forward to see something interesting from you.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:48:04 AM

I've started one of those threads myself. The goal was/is to achieve 1BTC within 9 months and without any starting capital. I gathered funds from various places on the WWW (Google Adsense, Steemit and BCT) and entered the altcoin market after having reached roughly $400. The first weeks showed a steady progress (predominantly measured in fiat money, not so much in BTC) and a peak was reached just before Christmas; $2500 and 0,16BTC. However, things went downhill after that and without any profitable trades to make, I'm currently sort of dead in the water in cryptoland. Hodl is now the only sensible option!

So in a nutshell; I started a personal challenge but things stalled later on.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:14:06 PM

I've started one of those threads myself. The goal was/is to achieve 1BTC within 9 months and without any starting capital. I gathered funds from various places on the WWW (Google Adsense, Steemit and BCT) and entered the altcoin market after having reached roughly $400. The first weeks showed a steady progress (predominantly measured in fiat money, not so much in BTC) and a peak was reached just before Christmas; $2500 and 0,16BTC. However, things went downhill after that and without any profitable trades to make, I'm currently sort of dead in the water in cryptoland. Hodl is now the only sensible option!

So in a nutshell; I started a personal challenge but things stalled later on.

yeah i remember your topic. i follow these "challenges" myself because they are always pretty interesting (specially because of "start from 0" part) but also disappointing because you are left at a "cliff-hanger" not knowning how everything ended!

i think your timing was unfortunate, because it was the end of the year and with it the end o the bull run. you had 2 months of good bull run experience though. don't worry though, this "dead in the water" won't last long.

#Hodl

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: