Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:01:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not have a referral link section?  (Read 202 times)
Mc_Moneysack (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:45:10 AM

Hello everybody!

I am quite new to this forum and therefore hope that this thread is both in the right section of the forum and doesn't raise an issue that is either not relevant or has already been discussed.

As far as I understand referral links are not welcome in this forum. So I thought why not have a dedicated section where everybody can post their referral links? I am also on altcoinstalks.com and they have such a section. It is really great, since everybody can post in there and those who get annoyed by the links can simply ignore the dedicated section. However, people are also "uping" their threads there, so this would mean that users can increase their number of posts quite fast. With the new merit system this wouldn't be a problem, right?

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:06:46 AM

I have a hard time believing that a lot of users would be interested in reading a referral link sub-board. So referral link spammers would (a) take up disk space in the new sub-board and (b) nevertheless spam other boards as well. Also, as I understand it, referral links are quite welcome in signatures (this is actually a decades-old Internet forum convention that dates back to newsgroups and mailing lists).

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Sharcade02

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:10:29 AM

It is not advisable to have. First, we already have referral board which I believe the ANN board (correct me if I'm wrong) where you can post anything about your referral. Second, there's already a signature campaign going on that can boost your product. Third, it would be an excuse for the spammers and shitposters on this forum.
I.Grozni

Activity: 588
Merit: 286

Coinomi multi-coin HD wallet

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:54:31 AM

Hello everybody!

I am quite new to this forum and therefore hope that this thread is both in the right section of the forum and doesn't raise an issue that is either not relevant or has already been discussed.

As far as I understand referral links are not welcome in this forum. So I thought why not have a dedicated section where everybody can post their referral links? I am also on altcoinstalks.com and they have such a section. It is really great, since everybody can post in there and those who get annoyed by the links can simply ignore the dedicated section. However, people are also "uping" their threads there, so this would mean that users can increase their number of posts quite fast. With the new merit system this wouldn't be a problem, right?

I do not see what benefits would have a section with referals. It would be a section for spammers, scammers, gamblers and other greedy people who wanted quick earnings. In addition, many sites that pay referrals want their referrals to end on social networks rather than on this same forum.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3428

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:41:14 PM

As far as I understand referral links are not welcome in this forum. So I thought why not have a dedicated section where everybody can post their referral links?
Just take a look at Games and rounds section. There's constant worthless posts (apparently the only place that users can post ref links).
For instance, see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1412411.30860

There's no point in having such sections or rather a dedicated section for such things.

First, we already have referral board which I believe the ANN board (correct me if I'm wrong) where you can post anything about your referral.
Wrong, that's not allowed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tuanken897

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:21:16 PM

I think the referral links should not appear in this forum.
Some scammers use them to scam others
But the forum mod can't check all. So they still post referral links
Mc_Moneysack (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:40:54 PM

Hello everybody!

There you go.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Your question is anwered by the fourth rules of the forum.

The rule only states no ref link SPAM. From this I infer  that there are ref links that are not contrary to this rule since in the footnote there is a clear definition of spam. I see that this is a very sensitive issue that I obviously should not have raised, judging from all the negative reactions.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
Silkybit

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:47:53 PM

As far as I understand referral links are not welcome in this forum. So I thought why not have a dedicated section where everybody can post their referral links?
Just take a look at Games and rounds section. There's constant worthless posts (apparently the only place that users can post ref links).
For instance, see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1412411.30860

There's no point in having such sections or rather a dedicated section for such things.

First, we already have referral board which I believe the ANN board (correct me if I'm wrong) where you can post anything about your referral.
I have seen links here like "how to make btc" and it contains referrals.is that different?
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:49:19 PM

There are actually 2 sections for ref. links
1 - your signature
2 - trashcan (one drawback with that: it's restricted to staff members)

EDIT:

I have seen links here like "how to make btc" and it contains referrals.is that different?

Such posts won't be there for long ... it takes time mods notice it and move to correct section (see #2 above)

taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:49:40 PM

You can actually promote your referal through your signature, if referals are allowed, many will just be spamming the thread...
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1331

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 11:16:03 PM

Sorry, but it's terrible idea. Forum is already full of spam and allowing ref links would make situation even worse. Do you imagine how that Referral link would look? Faucets, gambling websites, ICO's cloud mining and other ponzi schemes. Do we really need it? Do we really need it? How that board can be beneficial for someone? Who would moderate all that mess?
There is rule on bitcointalk which don't allow ref links, so why they should go against their own rules?

btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:15:16 AM

Sorry, but it's terrible idea. Forum is already full of spam and allowing ref links would make situation even worse. Do you imagine how that Referral link would look? Faucets, gambling websites, ICO's cloud mining and other ponzi schemes. Do we really need it? Do we really need it? How that board can be beneficial for someone? Who would moderate all that mess?
There is rule on bitcointalk which don't allow ref links, so why they should go against their own rules?
As I know, referral link violates rules of the forum. Why you still ask such a non-sense question?
Please read the one carefully. What you ask is on the fourth rule.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Hope it helps!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: