Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: which wallet safe coinbase,xapo,blockchain for btc  (Read 162 times)
Sohelrana1122 (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:48:18 AM

hlw guys I have many btc in cryptopia.
I want to withdraw this coin
plz tell me which wallet better then other?
thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:10:07 AM
Merited by gentlemand (2)

All mentioned wallets are web wallets .. which is the worst choice from the security point of view.

Best (most secure) are hardware wallets (ledger, trezor, keepkey) ...  but you need to purchase it and wait for delivery.

I consider Electrum as safe and user friendly ( few weeks ago a security flaw was discovered, but promptly fixed so I still trust in this wallet)  ... it's SPV wallet so you don't need to download blockchain. .. can recommend this one.
Also have good experience with mycelium.

Take a look at this overview: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet  (find twhich one suits your device)

Your list I would evaluate like this:
1 - coinbase
2 - xapo
3 - blockchain

Important note: Don't forget to make proper backup (and store it safe) before you send the coins to your new wallet.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:11:26 AM

If you need a online wallet Bloclchain or Coinbase are no problem. If you want to know more about wallets please read my tread. I hope it will be helpful for you. Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827216.msg28967084#msg28967084
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:46:46 AM

thanks

These are all web wallets and if I were to choose between them I would choose blockchain.info because it gives you an option to export your private keys in terms of menmonic words so even if their service went offline someday you would still have access y=to your coins.

Coinbase and Xapo keep private keys for themself thus acting more like of a bank and this is not the best practise as you have to trust these 3rd parties with your coins. For instance when coinbase have some issues, such as huge amout of traffic at one point, you are even unable to login and transfer your coins even if you need them urgently.

Web wallets are not the safest place simply because they store on their servers private keys and if they are not encrypted well and if theres some kind of security flaw and some breach happen in future you could risk of losing your coins. Because these wallet providers keep many keys at "same place" they could often be a potential target for hackers. This is why they are not belived to be the safest option out there.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:14:52 PM

In my opinion hardware wallets are best still in the above options Blockchain>Coinbase>Xapo. You should keep your bitcoins into a different location to reduce your risk.
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:08:14 PM

thanks

If you have many bitcoins then it is recommended to store them on hardware wallet due to security reasons and for the small amount with regular use you can go with the Electrum wallet, which is best and most popular at the moment. 

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 01:40:24 PM

The safest wallet, in my opinion, is always the one released by the developers themselves., hence the qt wallet.

I tend not to trust third party software for as good as it might apparently look like.

Have a look at this video to know how you can install it and configure it easily without having to save the entire blockchain on your hard disk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yFCnflfNn0
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:55:05 PM

For me the safe wallet is coinbase
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:57:19 PM

If you have very little money it doesn't really matter.
If you have serious money, take a ledger nano S.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: