Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:07:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LoyceV's Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service)  (Read 29855 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6304

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2024, 10:29:42 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4)

Not to derail the thought but when using some of the places on bestchange make sure you verify their exchange rates vs. what else is out there.

Some are WAY bad. I took a hit early this year when I dumped some ETC at 20% below market because I was not paying attention. All the other coins on that exchnage were within 1% or 2% of what they should have been. And I missed that. My fault, and had it been for more then a couple of hundred dollars I would have been really pissed. So, keep your eyes on the price.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16673

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2024, 09:46:38 AM

Bump: some Forkcoins went up in price, if you still have them, this may be a good time to get rid of them!
Bump!
Bump! Forks are dropping again.
Bump!

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2024, 07:27:10 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2024, 09:05:39 AM by LoyceV
Merited by ABCbits (4), JayJuanGee (1)

ChapInRed gave me permission to share his PMs about claiming BSV from old sent-to-pubkey transactions.
First: move your BTC to a safe new wallet. Then dust your BCH and eCash addresses to make sure you have replay protection. Move BCH, BTG, eCash and BCD to a new wallet. Now all that's left (ignoring the worthless forks) is BSV. BSV is the most annoying Fork with very shitty software. Don't trust it on your main computer, use a spare system or VM (and wipe it afterwards!)

Forget ElectrumSV:
Looks like this is the issue with ElectrumSV: https://github.com/electrumsv/electrumsv/issues/1041
"It looks like P2PK is not included in the script types it looks for."

Use BSV's Bitcoin Core clone (which doesn't have a GUI):
Start again with bitcoind, sync blocks for a while, take offline, backup the .bitcoin folder to use again later

Import one private key so I only have one UTXO to possibly use at once.

bitcoin-cli sendtoaddress "[receiving address from ElectrumSV" <amount-in-address> "test" "ElectrumSV" true
(true at the end is for subtractfeefromamount)

bitcoin-cli gettransaction [hex string from output of above]

Copy the hex transaction string from this

Checked it in https://whatsonchain.com/decode - looks correct

Tried to broadcast it on https://whatsonchain.com/broadcast
~
I can restore the .bitcoin folder and do each of those 2 private keys in turn.

it worked! 6 confirmations
~
Yes, the importing one privkey at a time method was just to do simple coin control. Looks like the lockunspent command would be another way.

Happy for you to quote or reuse as you wish. As we're using an incomplete blockchain on disk, the conf file needs disablesafemode=1 added somewhere, otherwise you get nowhere (at least with the commands I was using).

I just started bitcoind in one terminal (using Ubuntu) and once that was running without throwing errors, I entered the bitcoin-cli commands in another terminal. bitcoin-cli stop will stop bitcoind gracefully.

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2024, 08:53:09 AM

Bump

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: