Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks will use blockchain  (Read 844 times)
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:22:31 PM

https://www.ft.com/content/7dc8738c-a922-11e7-93c5-648314d2c72c

Banks are now team up to use blockchain. What is your thought on this guys?
It could affect the cryptocurrency or not?

Blockchains will probably be used in various industries because of the benefits of this technology. However, this doesn’t mean they will use Bitcoin or any other decentralized blockchains. They will most likely make their own centralized blockchains. I don’t really think this will affect Bitcoin because Bitcoin still has the advantage of being decentralized.
coinoberg

Activity: 105
Merit: 100

Get your share of the future

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:36:52 PM

Blockchains will probably be used in various industries because of the benefits of this technology. However, this doesn’t mean they will use Bitcoin or any other decentralized blockchains. They will most likely make their own centralized blockchains. I don’t really think this will affect Bitcoin because Bitcoin still has the advantage of being decentralized.

I am not agree with that. I don't think either banks will accept any crypto currency or create their own blokchain. Reason is that banks are built on the philosophy of centralization and blockchains are against their main philosophy. So I don't think that can accept it.

Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:47:01 PM

This will not affect the price of the cryptocurrency. The blockchain is the only method of transmission. It has nothing to do with cryptocurrency. Banks can not resist the spread of crypto. Bankers do not want to admit defeat. I think that they will fight the spread of cryptocurrency. Any war is loss. So I think that the banks will do everything to reduce the price and popularity of cryptocurrency.
aisyah88

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:11:54 PM

it's possible that the bank will receive blockchain in the future, maybe in the near future, and hopefully blockchain can be accepted by the bank and will be legal .. Embarrassed
thelemot

Activity: 241
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

so far not many banks are adopting blockchain, if bank banks have used the blockchain system it will greatly affect the cryptocurrency. one of which prices will soar. where each bank will use that technology and use cryptocurrency for transactions or the like. so it will be good for future for cryptocurrency in my opinion
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:52:49 PM

I read about blockchain just like reading the history of internet in 30 years ago, that is when the US Defense Department, U.S. DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), decided to conduct research on how to connect a number of computers to form an organic network. So that created the internet, and its effect to human life is very inseparable. Likewise with the blockchain now that we can call the next internet of transaction, which will facilitate humans in doing everything. In other hand, blockchain exists because of bitcoin, so if the blockchain is successful in the future it is not impossible in the future cryptocurrency world will be used and needed by human life.
qwesasd

Activity: 117
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:05:04 PM

This is good news. The use of blockchain by banks will greatly reduce the cumbersome business and improve work efficiency. It is even more celebrating that it will increase the popularity of the blockchain. In my opinion, the blockchain will be the future technological revolution, this is also good for other digitally encrypted currencies.
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:48:49 PM

My thought is well maybe banks or other banks will use blockchain. As you can see blockchain really a lot mostly on us users of bitcoin. Its lot easier to transact money and easier to use. I still reading and doing some basic research the link I got is down below.

Link: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/insight-blockchain-technology-how-banks-building-real-time
Beehives (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:04:25 AM

On my thought on this. Banks wants to compete the cryptocurrency. since many people are already leaning on crypto so they have make something new to gain the trust of market in cyptocurrency.
Beside blockchain is already proven that is safe therefore they want to ride on the system to protect their interests and assets.

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Beehives (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:12:00 AM

If banks will start adopting to use BTC, then there will be a huge spike in the BTC costs, which will benefit traders like you and me.

Banks have no rumors yet to adopt btc what they want to adopt the the system (Blockchain). Seem banks are on eye on this because of it safety features.
Banks need a system that can protect their assets since in the past years there are lots of bank been hack and lost hundred of million dollar. One of the bank that really lost big time is  the Bangladesh Bank which losses 81 Million dollars to a Chinese hackers.

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:21:14 AM

Block chain technology supports multi-party access to distributed ledger and block chain security tamper. The blockchain, which is the underlying technology of cryptocurrency, was once suspected by the banking industry, but the recent stance has taken a dramatic turn. Blockchain has become the hottest innovation technology in the banking industry.

noonc

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:54:39 AM

In the past, traditional financial institutions out of cost and risk considerations, the small and medium-sized micro-enterprise financing of this market segment often lack sufficient attention and service, and the blockchain has changed this situation. The application of blockchain in the financial sector helps to reduce the operating costs of financial institutions, enhance the operational efficiency of financial institutions and, on the other hand, help to reduce the financing costs of the real enterprises.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:04:31 AM

It already happens after the long time ago. The bankers are comprehensible that they can't take over the blockchain, instead of they admit to being defeated, they utilize the technologies offered by Blockchain. As example Ripple, We know since a long time ago, RIpple is a centralized bankers coins. All the bankers utilize the technologies offered by Ripple.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:19:47 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 08:32:10 AM by Jaycee99

It already happens after the long time ago. The bankers are comprehensible that they can't take over the blockchain, instead of they admit to being defeated, they utilize the technologies offered by Blockchain. As example Ripple, We know since a long time ago, RIpple is a centralized bankers coins. All the bankers utilize the technologies offered by Ripple.

First i want to share my opinion. I notice that one too more banks handle or got to parthner up with blockchain. Wallets got to use bank for cash out too well back to main question I would probably see that low fee probally because you will going to pick banks.

I agree as Well that banks can t take over because we'll cryptocurrency and a e wallet is treated as banks but if you got a lot of money or bitcoins in you wallet it can probably an golds chest for a hacker so if I were you, you save it at your bank because bank is safe at some point. Having electronic wallet is better but its going to be prone of hacking.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:29:19 AM

I can't view the link because it needed a subscription and there is a payment. Would appreciate if someone can post a screenshot of the news.
Will they create their own cryptocurrency? or it will be just like an online wallet? Will it be centralized or decentralized? This is an interesting news though, will be looking for more information about this later.

Kir1to

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:55:47 AM

Ripple using such technologies, I think it's good idea to connect Banks and Blockchain Smiley
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:02:54 AM

So many misconceptions about banks and blockchains can and cant do.  Bitcoin enable you to become a private bank, allowing you to know who has what credit balance on the network.  The bank knows this already for the internal system, they dont need a new inefficient technology to do it.  

They will use blockchain technology for inter-bank where it suits them to share information about themselves in a secure, trusted manner.  Ripple or specific use case coins might be usful to them, for specific uses.  They will not use Bitcoin, or other publicly accessible blockchain, general account information. They will not replace internal account structures with blockchains, which are inefficient for recording tens of thousands of transactions an hour.  They already have systems in place that do near instant bank to bank, account to account transfers for free/nominal fees (SWIFT and SEPA).  

kariky_123

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:05:33 AM

Banks are definitely interested in blockchain. However, most banks we surveyed are still in the early stages of adoption, with about three-quarters either involved in a proof-of-concept, formulating their blockchain strategy, or just beginning to look into it.  Sad
Thanhnienloae33

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:07:46 AM

I think that each branch will in the future strive to use blockchain
Nakaba

Activity: 167
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:09:08 AM

Banks will not go anywhere if they want to survive. They will adopt the technology whether they like it or not. The good things that happened is you already have a choice whether you want to put all your savings in cryptocurrency that they are supporting or do you want to manage your own fund.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: