Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ICO?  (Read 259 times)
MerryTackky (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:42:33 AM
Merited by trecore4 (1)

ICO is a crypto-currency-based form of financing through the sale of a Token Key and the purchase of tokens on a regular basis by Bitcoin or Ethereum (usually purchased by ETH).

Unlike normal capital mobilization, the buyer will hold the passwords issued by that company, collectively known as Token.

Holding a token is simple, if you buy with ETH you can store the token on your ETH wallet. Bitcoin is similar.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naveenrandy619

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:47:42 AM

ICO means Introduce Coin Offering where some startups offers their tokens with discount when they are introducing their company... Wink Wink Cheesy
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:56:46 AM

ICO means Initial Coin Offering(ICO). This is where many people are buying the coin what a certain project is offering. Initial, this is where the project is introducing or this would be the first time you got the chance to buy this kind of coin. So many people are not wasting time for them to buy in this kind of event. Because in this kind of event, people got a lot of bonuses especially at the presale.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:02:20 AM

ICO is a crypto-currency-based form of financing through the sale of a Token Key and the purchase of tokens on a regular basis by Bitcoin or Ethereum (usually purchased by ETH).

Unlike normal capital mobilization, the buyer will hold the passwords issued by that company, collectively known as Token.

Holding a token is simple, if you buy with ETH you can store the token on your ETH wallet. Bitcoin is similar.

Your definition is okay but I want to add that we don't necessarily save our tokens into companies wallet and there is usually no such company which provides us passwords or stuff like that. Do you have any source for that one ? (not often I mean )

We usually just send ETH to the said contract address and on the basis of that Txid we get credited the desired amount of tokens into our ERC 20 supported wallets such as MEW.

And whether you buy with the ETH or BTC the output is stored in the ERC 20 wallet only.

P.S. Keep up your work with quality posts. You being new I'm giving merit for your efforts.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
douhancan58

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:27:39 AM

ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering, which is a way to raise funds in return for the original digital encrypted currency. ICO is adapted from the Initial Public Offering of the securities industry. In essence, ICO is also a 'public offering' that turns the subject matter of the issue into a digital encrypted currency.

Ordinary ICO project participants in the hands of project tokens generally through the digital currency trading platform to exit.
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:33:14 AM
Merited by player514 (5)

I'm new to crypto and to this forum and I am also researching ICOs to learn more about them. What I've learnt so far is that, as has been said above, they are Initial Coin Offerings and, from what I can see, they are a way that new, blockchain-related companies can raise money from investors that they can then use to promote their business and develop their technology and services. Some companies are new with no product or service, which makes them much higher risk to invest in, while others have products and services already on the market.

There are different stages of ICO. There can be one or more pre-sales phases where coins in the ICO are offered at discounts (the earlier the pre-sale the greater the discount). At the public launch the discount is less. Once the ICOs have concluded their funding rounds the coins themselves may go on to be listed on cryptocurrency exchanges, but from what I can see this may not always happen. The price, if listed, can then vary, sometimes quite dramatically. I can see that in some cases prices have gone up or gone down by very large amounts, but I'm not sure what drives the prices in such a substantial way so quickly yet. I'm still researching but hope what I've said may be of some help.

wELLy

Activity: 307
Merit: 2

PLAY💎EARN https://dragon.mt2.ro/

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 10:33:46 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 03:36:41 PM by wELLy

ICO means Initial  Coin Offering Huh

I couldn't do a job i wasn't passionate about.👟
☕️https://github.com/currexpert
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:56:46 AM

ICO is a method of raising funds for the purpose of developing crypto projects, and the funds are huge.
I do not know about ICO yet, and I want to ask, what are the advantages of ICO ?
anybody please explain it !
michael_rogers

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:04:45 AM

... I want to ask, what are the advantages of ICO ?

Well a quick google search could bring you to some answers, but for me, ICOs are good because:
  • No regulated exchange -> low fees, little delays
  • You can get large discounts when buying in bulk and/or early.
For the founder of the ICO:
  • Almost no restrictions to the kind of venture he is trying to fund. (depends on jurisdiction)
  • Can get huge sum of money. (in fiat currency !)

But never forget the risks, since everything is based on trust and reputation. No required asset securities -> you could loose everything.

So for now, everyone is testing the waters, and only time will tell if ICOs will persist into the next decade.
Draizzy. Aryan

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:39:21 AM

ico means initial coin offering,  like.you have a company and you want to introduced you company so you have to do.ico for your company.
cryptopandas

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:45:04 AM

ico means initial coin offering,  like.you have a company and you want to introduced you company so you have to do.ico for your company.
Indeed. useful way of raising funds for whatever devs might need them for.
TheGreatUnknown

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:26:07 PM

We talk about the ICO so let me share about what is a currency ICO. A currency ICO is when developers bring in a new currency system. The developers give out tokens which become new cryptocurrencies in exchange of the older more established coins such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. The reason why people are drawn to these ICOs are that of investment opportunities. One of the best examples of these kinds of ICOs is the Ethereum ICO.
Henrobakkara

Activity: 1512
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:28:29 PM

ICO means Introduce Coin Offering where some startups offers their tokens with discount when they are introducing their company... Wink Wink Cheesy
ICO means initial coin offering dude, it a method to raising fund and collect money for their project
tetyulfania

Activity: 653
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

Now we have meer with the word ICO or standing for Initial Coin Offering where it be searching for the biggest trend in cryptocurrency today, a look at Initial Coin Offering (ICO) might be a good start. The idea to presale coins of a cryptocurrency or token of a blockchain project has evolved in a crazy successful instrument to raise funds for the development of a new application. Our guide gives an overview on Initial Coin Offering- ICO and presents the hottest past, current, and future ICOs. Be careful if you participated at ICO there are not all ico will be success.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:55:12 PM

No.ICO is initial coin offering in which new coins are issued by a company which has launched the program to raise the required funds for their project.Here even pre ICO is conducted in which certain number of coins are issued prior to main ICO.During pre ICO, coins rate are much cheaper than the rates of ICO.Nowadays even big institutional companies too launch ICOs as they find it much easier than entering stock markets to raise the required funds.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
K0m3n9

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:11:24 PM

ICO Extension of Initial Coin Offering. Initial means the earliest, Coin means digital token / coin and Offering means bidding, when interpreted in its entirety means the earliest coin offerings before being launched into the free market.
ICO or Initial Coin Offering has recently become more and more sophisticated in 2017, many developers are using this method to raise funds to develop their projects. Funds collected are not half-hearted can get millions of US dollars.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:14:59 PM

ico is initial coin offering.a new crypto project introduce their coin by public sale in ico.
there are some discount available if a person buy from ico.

LeonKiller13

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:17:48 PM

Thank you for the usefull information
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:22:36 PM

ICO is an Initial Coin Offering that involves of a people who have an interest to invest on it.This is a kind of project which
generates compaigns like social media, signature compaign,translation and etc.
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:27:36 PM

ico means initial coin offering,  like.you have a company and you want to introduced you company so you have to do.ico for your company.
Indeed. useful way of raising funds for whatever devs might need them for.

Correct, but I suppose the question has been answered already. I would like just to give some additional information that can be helpful for a newbie mostly. This video explains clearly everything about ICO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9uFp_XavVw
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: