Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merits should be given for the lower ranks only.  (Read 748 times)
honeyira (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:44:38 AM

Sr. Member, Hero and Legendary do they need a merits? These rank should be exempted on merits systems instead they are the one who will judge the lower ranks by giving merits.

These could benefit the forum members as a whole;

1. Newbies that work as a spam will be controlled.
2. It will give an opportunity those newbies that really working hard to rank up in fair time.
    (I saw a lot merits just given to the the higher ranks which a post is not really worthy of a merit. majority of the merits just dwell in their realm. Lower
    ranks just gets the crumbs)
3. Merits will be distributed fairly to the lower ranks because higher ranks will not think of their merits anymore.

'Hope this post can get crumbs.'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 10:50:41 AM
Merited by TMAN (5)

Sr. Member, Hero and Legendary do they need a merits?
Yes.

These rank should be exempted on merits systems instead they are the one who will judge the lower ranks by giving merits.
No.

No.

2. It will give an opportunity those newbies that really working hard to rank up in fair time.
If you are *really working hard to rank up*, you are doing it wrong and shouldn't be allowed to rank up to begin with.

3. Merits will be distributed fairly to the lower ranks because higher ranks will not think of their merits anymore.
No. The exact opposite will happen. If I can't receive merit, I would probably not bother giving anyone any. 

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:51:13 AM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Sr. Member, Hero and Legendary do they need a merits? These rank should be exempted on merits systems instead they are the one who will judge the lower ranks by giving merits.

(I saw a lot merits just given to the the higher ranks which a post is not really worthy of a merit. majority of the merits just dwell in their realm. Lower

Those who are in the Sr. Member, Hero and Legendary ranks still needs merits because as you suggested, those ranks will judge the lower ranks by giving merits. If they (Sr. Member, Hero and Legendary) run out of sMerits to give, how can they judge those lower ranks? It's a cycle, they can't give if they don't have receive any.
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:00:56 AM

Although they are "high ranks", not all high ranks post quality posts. Some high ranks achieved their ranks shit posting for the sole purpose of campaigns.

Merits can be given by anyone who thinks a post is merit-worthy. No one needs explanation for giving merits. But some do abuse this so admins and moderators are keeping an eye on them also, merits are publicly announced so no need to be weary.

Merits would only be distributed to those low ranks who deserve to be merited, to those who high ranks deem to be merited.
honeyira (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:10:52 PM

Those who are in the Sr. Member, Hero and Legendary ranks still needs merits because as you suggested, those ranks will judge the lower ranks by giving merits. If they (Sr. Member, Hero and Legendary) run out of sMerits to give, how can they judge those lower ranks? It's a cycle, they can't give if they don't have receive any.

You can read all of the forum and majority of the merits are in the circle of higher ranks. The lower ranks receive merits just only by chance.
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:19:56 PM

Yes.

These rank should be exempted on merits systems instead they are the one who will judge the lower ranks by giving merits.
No.

No.

If you are *really working hard to rank up*, you are doing it wrong and shouldn't be allowed to rank up to begin with.

No. The exact opposite will happen. If I can't receive merit, I would probably not bother giving anyone any.  

Lauda and his group are already abusing the merit system.Do it the same way since they claim its ok

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2829282.new#new
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:10:04 PM

We all have the same rights to evaluate each other answers and questions. This current situation in which the older members have received More Merit is our personal problem (or the problem of members who did join the forum later). We have to learn to deal with the changes because changes will always evolve. The system has been designed to reduce spamming and low-quality posts, and it's a fact that older members have greater knowledge and experience in opposite to those who just joined the forum(Elders had deserved that wast amount of merit).

It is fantastically designed concept and those which do not want to accept that concept can freely join another forum in search for the answers. (It is generally known that a new rating system is bothering the members looking for the easy money). Merit will provide the new opportunity to the forum to return to the old paths when people had something meaningful to say and actually had led a real and unique discussion and not just a copy/paste answers and questions.

Be unique and committed to the forum and Merits will come "alone"!

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:48:02 PM

Merits should be given to everyone not just those on lower ranks but also to higher ranks to be fair and to avoid meaningless post of the latter. I don't think we should be afraid of the merit system as long as we know that we always have post that is relevant to the topic and meaningful as well.

Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:42:01 AM

Merits should be given to everyone not just those on lower ranks but also to higher ranks to be fair and to avoid meaningless post of the latter. I don't think we should be afraid of the merit system as long as we know that we always have post that is relevant to the topic and meaningful as well.
Yes, you are right. I like the new system. Merit will be change someone to make post more constructive because they want get the merit. So, make your post more constructive again to get many more merits  Wink
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:53:05 AM

Merit isn't about rank it is about the quality of your post so I think it is for everyone not just for the lower ranks,
The merit system is created to lessen the spammers who are just spamming this forum to attain higher ranks .
This is why the merit is a good way for others to make sure that they are only posting a good quality of topics or answers.

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:25:06 AM

I think what he is saying is the top rankings should just get unlimited merit to give and progress normally to the next level.  They pass their merit down to the lower rankings.

He’s got a point, if the merit system is supposed to prevent spamming and farming, then I guess it is unlikely that higher ranked members would be spammers and farmed accounts.  Plus, once you reach a certain level of merit, 250 for a Sr Member, it is probably already well established that you are not a shit poster.  Needing 750 more to make legendary seems like overkill.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
honeyira (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:51:57 PM

Yes.

No.

No.

even you are receiving merits you dont bother to give to the lower ranks. what makes a difference then?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:55:12 AM
Merited by TMAN (2), Doell (1)

even you are receiving merits you dont bother to give to the lower ranks. what makes a difference then?
Why would I give random spammers any merit? E.g., this thread is a nice example of attempted, yet failed, quality posting.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:16:32 AM

Why would I give random spammers any merit? E.g., this thread is a nice example of attempted, yet failed, quality posting.

lower ranks are spammers ?

Lauda you a fucking peace of shit who needs to get placed back in his place where he belongs.

You are the biggest scammer and loser on this board

and btw your posting are the biggest brain fucked shit ever.

Lauda wants to force project managers and ITO's to accept his own made rules or else he is going to defame them.

What a brain fucked shit he is
nafantc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:31:21 AM

Spammers don't deserve merit for sure, but the question is what kind of posts deserves? As is was declared merit is needed to reduce low-quality posts. Yes, spam and posts alike "I agree" aren't quality posts, but for example are posts in altcoins discussion about news, developers, etc useful? In my, opinion, yes. But mostly, they don't have +merit. What kind of posts have +merit? As I see, it is one of the following: outstanding posts, topicstarters, or posts with some features, programs, spreadsheets, infografics for example, so +merit is given not for post, but for result of work.
There will be about 18000 new smerit each month including redistribution, so this is only for 600 posts if 1 merit is given to each. Only outstanding posts will receive merit, and rarely just good and useful.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:33:40 AM
Merited by Doell (2)

Spammers don't deserve merit for sure, but the question is what kind of posts deserves? As is was declared merit is needed to reduce low-quality posts. Yes, spam and posts alike "I agree" aren't quality posts, but for example are posts in altcoins discussion about news, developers, etc useful? In my, opinion, yes. But mostly, they don't have +merit. What kind of posts have +merit? As I see, it is one of the following: outstanding posts, topicstarters, or posts with some features, programs, spreadsheets, infografics for example, so +merit is given not for post, but for result of work.
There will be about 18000 new smerit each month including redistribution, so this is only for 600 posts if 1 merit is given to each. Only outstanding posts will receive merit, and rarely just good and useful.

Theymos will add more merit sources so the amount of sMerit that can be given away will increase. Keep in mind that the system is only a few days old, give people time to discover and use it.
nafantc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:37:23 AM

Yes, I know this, just want to show that current numbers are far from enough for forum. And such a low number of merit don't give us an ability to use it as it was supposed to.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:39:04 AM
Merited by Doell (2)

Every people have their own choice , judgement,and opinion about who deserve the merit.
If newbie able create a post like Danny Hamilton's post , he deserve a merit but if newbie is just looking for minimal post count because of bounty's need than he did not deserve any single merit (* if he provide low quality )

I think Merit will change forum's quality in the future so let's just see the progress
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:45:58 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 10:52:43 AM by mithrim

That's a bit harsh to say, don't you think? People try to cope with this new situation and it's only natural that different people have different ideas and views. He just expressed his.

As I understood it, he maybe meant to exclude those higher ranks from the necessity of getting Merits in the first place while at the same time grant them the function of a merit source. You can't deny that higher ranks often get a higher amount of merit compared to lower ranks - sometimes without even having made a 'quality post'. That's no problem per se - at least for me - but people observe this and voice their concern. This will fade in time but for now, it's something that will be discussed in the forum and people will try to come up with a 'better' way - at least in their eyes.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:56:46 AM

Blatant Merit farming like this just wont work..

newbies have not been given merit as there are so many farmers out there, how will that help the system? think of it like a champagne pyramid, the merit will get to the bottom eventually. Some of us are pouring it at all levels, others like Lauda will not give to anyone they do not know or deal with, but the main point is that it will trickle down in time.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████