Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:27:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it normal to build a crypto currency without ICO  (Read 523 times)
Asoss.io (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:47:54 PM

Me and my team building a new Altcoin. The first Egyptian altcoin. So we didn't want to start it with an ICO. Is it normal to start a coin without an ico and if yes what is the effect of that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Asoss.io (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:57:28 PM

Up+
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:58:58 PM

If not, how are you going to allocate tokens?
Average allocation to community members? Or allocate it to an airdrop? Tongue

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:01:48 PM

Me and my team building a new Altcoin. The first Egyptian altcoin. So we didn't want to start it with an ICO. Is it normal to start a coin without an ico and if yes what is the effect of that

Sure,but how you gonna sell your tokens without ICO,no one will buy it when you directly listed it into exchanges.So you need to do ICO if you want to bring investors to your coins or your coins will become worthless without any demand.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
bizul

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:03:57 PM

An ICO supports the development of your coin. If you have enough to support your developers (salaries, rent, coffee, ...etc.) then you have a choice of ICO and Airdrop. Keep in mind that your coin must have new features that attract investors. ICOs usually need to provide enough evidence that you will be standing by your coin. Get to speak with some investors to support your coin and when you announce your coin, make sure the mention the investors names because this will attract more smaller investors.

If you don't need investors support, you can go with an AirDrop, but your coin must be highly lucrative (future development, features and distinguished characteristics) to attract the public into joining your airdrop. If you want to create a coin for the fun of it, do it. But, keep in mind that there are many meme coins that are floating dead.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION   •  TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:08:15 PM

Yes, it is possible to do so. If you won't organize an ico then you will airdrop the token to the community mind you you will have to develop it urself.
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

This is a normal phenomenon.
There are a lot of tokens that didn't start at the beginning of the ICO, because there might be a legal problem, so they gei the tokens to the community, and you can find a lot of examples of airdrops in Bitcointalk forum.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:20:06 PM

Its normal , many cryptocurrencies not launch a ICO , but they launch a airdrop like DeepOnion , PosToken (Correct me if i wrong) . But you need some backup fund or solid community. Good luck then and sorry for my bad english.
simonbrep

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:27:04 PM

From what i can see, seems like an ICO is a great way to get investment as you offer a "piece" of your coin to all who are interested in buying in, if the price goes up on the exchange then everyone's a winner.

That said there are still others who offer coins/tokens out to the community

Either or doing both are good options IMO
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:36:46 PM

It‘s not the common situation, as most projects make ICOs to get money fast, for development, for getting rich, for whatever reasons. You have to consider that you then have to pay the development at least partly out of your own pockets until your coins will have a value. But there are some projects which sre working with airdrops. One of the most famous is XEM (NEM), another one would be DeepOnion.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 01:53:20 PM

You can airdrop coins to people and use some of them for bounty campaigns as well, if you don't need money I think it can be done without ico.

anhhung409

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:59:10 PM

This is completely possible. But it will not make the money grow as well as very few people know it. So every dollar is needed by ICOs, it helps them develop healthy money, and has the potential for long-term future.

IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

No problem, i joined many successful coin and tokens project which not initiate an ICO. They did some airdrop events. Such as Rebellious, BLUE, ELTCOIN, and EQUAL

anizpk

Activity: 191
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:00:35 PM

actually an ICO is not required unless you need fund for the project

|  Shopin  |  Shopping Made Personal
››››  https://tokensale.shopin.com/  ‹‹‹‹
Asoss.io (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:05:44 PM

This is completely possible. But it will not make the money grow as well as very few people know it. So every dollar is needed by ICOs, it helps them develop healthy money, and has the potential for long-term future.
You can airdrop coins to people and use some of them for bounty campaigns as well, if you don't need money I think it can be done without ico.
It‘s not the common situation, as most projects make ICOs to get money fast, for development, for getting rich, for whatever reasons. You have to consider that you then have to pay the development at least partly out of your own pockets until your coins will have a value. But there are some projects which sre working with airdrops. One of the most famous is XEM (NEM), another one would be DeepOnion.
Without ICO, how you're gonna keep your token or project running if you will base on your own fundings or capital. It's not gonna last long if you just simply sold your token like that. You really need crowdfunding, because it is where the investors will also know your intention inside the cryptocurrency. If you crowdfund your ICO, then it also has the potential to spread good words from other people about the project you proposed. Let's accept that people don't trust ICOs that much because there is always a risk even if the project successfully sold the tokens and they got a great sales. You should do an ICO when you want to build a crypto currency but you need to work hard on it so people will trust you with all their money.
From what i can see, seems like an ICO is a great way to get investment as you offer a "piece" of your coin to all who are interested in buying in, if the price goes up on the exchange then everyone's a winner.

That said there are still others who offer coins/tokens out to the community

Either or doing both are good options IMO
Its normal , many cryptocurrencies not launch a ICO , but they launch a airdrop like DeepOnion , PosToken (Correct me if i wrong) . But you need some backup fund or solid community. Good luck then and sorry for my bad english.
This is a normal phenomenon.
There are a lot of tokens that didn't start at the beginning of the ICO, because there might be a legal problem, so they gei the tokens to the community, and you can find a lot of examples of airdrops in Bitcointalk forum.
Yes, it is possible to do so. If you won't organize an ico then you will airdrop the token to the community mind you you will have to develop it urself.
An ICO supports the development of your coin. If you have enough to support your developers (salaries, rent, coffee, ...etc.) then you have a choice of ICO and Airdrop. Keep in mind that your coin must have new features that attract investors. ICOs usually need to provide enough evidence that you will be standing by your coin. Get to speak with some investors to support your coin and when you announce your coin, make sure the mention the investors names because this will attract more smaller investors.

If you don't need investors support, you can go with an AirDrop, but your coin must be highly lucrative (future development, features and distinguished characteristics) to attract the public into joining your airdrop. If you want to create a coin for the fun of it, do it. But, keep in mind that there are many meme coins that are floating dead.

Sure,but how you gonna sell your tokens without ICO,no one will buy it when you directly listed it into exchanges.So you need to do ICO if you want to bring investors to your coins or your coins will become worthless without any demand.

As i see all the reply are the same. That's means that all of you talking right.
I have a capital for the dev team and the marketing team etc.. but i want to know how to preform a good air drop
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:07:10 PM

Are you developing a blockchain or just a token under eth blockchain?

I believe there is no one funding bitcoin when satoshi is developing it. But he can code and he is very good at it. So if you can do it as well, I think it will be fine.

Most run ICOs because they want to fund a project and they use token to give as shares to the company.
vKedax

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:16:50 PM

To run coins into circulation, you need to sell them or give away. What other options can there be? If there is no ICO, then airdrop. For me, a good airdrop has several waves. People will advertise the project for a long time, it will be known to many.

Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:18:44 PM

Most likely the answer is NO because how will you convince the investors and the participants to join your new coin investment if you will not use the ICO format? You can't just tell them to come here and invest to your new Egyptian coin without a convincing programs, whitepaper and platform in which all of these are part of  ICO to raise funds to support the new coin but if you and your friends are all millionaires then maybe you can start your own coin because you have enough money to raise funds at your disposal.
Asoss.io (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:19:46 PM

To run coins into circulation, you need to sell them or give away. What other options can there be? If there is no ICO, then airdrop
How to preform a good airdrop ?
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:21:35 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 02:31:50 PM by Thyaga

of course you can, however how do you allocate the coins? through airdrop? the question, is there something backing up your coin?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: