Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:02:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it normal to build a crypto currency without ICO  (Read 524 times)
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:23:55 PM

Me and my team building a new Altcoin. The first Egyptian altcoin. So we didn't want to start it with an ICO. Is it normal to start a coin without an ico and if yes what is the effect of that

Nice promotion. Starting a coin without an ICO is like trying to run with one leg and a stone on your head. ICOs will not only provide funding, but will also, if properly done, create a community around the coin giving the adoption.

airdrops create better and stronger community , look at ebitcoin and rebellious. They were both airdropped fairly and are only at the starting stages still.
konflikkastil

Activity: 879
Merit: 10

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:36:18 PM

Me and my team building a new Altcoin. The first Egyptian altcoin. So we didn't want to start it with an ICO. Is it normal to start a coin without an ico and if yes what is the effect of that
I think ico is the way to allocate coin, if there is not ico then how investors buy coins, the investors will not buy in exchange because they don't know what will happen maybe the price will develop or even drop, from the data an ico we can guess the future coin so ico is needed here

SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Asoss.io (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:48:16 PM

I think ico is the way to allocate coin, if there is not ico then how investors buy coins, the investors will not buy in exchange because they don't know what will happen maybe the price will develop or even drop, from the data an ico we can guess the future coin so ico is needed here

alexander00915

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:56:12 PM

Nice promotion. Starting a coin without an ICO is like trying to run with one leg and a stone on your head. ICOs will not only provide funding, but will also, if properly done, create a community around the coin giving the adoption.

airdrops create better and stronger community , look at ebitcoin and rebellious. They were both airdropped fairly and are only at the starting stages still.

Why not let the community mine the cryptocurrency? I think it's better than having airdrops or ICOs.

Airdrop = money out of nowhere. How fair is that compared to the coins available for mining? After all, I think "cryptocurrency" is what Satoshi said Bitcoin should be. Out of his own description, I think the most important things are anonymity, decentralization and fairness. Decentralized =/= printing paper money or selling tokens through ICOs. With Bitcoin and the mineable altcoins, you can solo mine and stay anonymous in the network. Also, when using cryptocurrencies like Ripple, you're not anonymous at all. They do have evidence, they do have a database. Airdropping a cryptocurrency may be good for the short term thinkers, but not for the long term ones.

Once again, like I said in an earlier post in this thread, this is just my opinion.

Have you heard of Bitcoin?
Asoss.io (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:09:59 PM

Why not let the community mine the cryptocurrency? I think it's better than having airdrops or ICOs.

Airdrop = money out of nowhere. How fair is that compared to the coins available for mining? After all, I think "cryptocurrency" is what Satoshi said Bitcoin should be. Out of his own description, I think the most important things are anonymity, decentralization and fairness. Decentralized =/= printing paper money or selling tokens through ICOs. With Bitcoin and the mineable altcoins, you can solo mine and stay anonymous in the network. Also, when using cryptocurrencies like Ripple, you're not anonymous at all. They do have evidence, they do have a database. Airdropping a cryptocurrency may be good for the short term thinkers, but not for the long term ones.

Once again, like I said in an earlier post in this thread, this is just my opinion.

Have you heard of Bitcoin?

Dude u earned my respect
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:25:58 PM

some of the popular ways used by teams or developers to release their coins are as follows
1. XRB (Raiblocks), they are sharing XRB Coins for everyone who can complete captcha, with a large community. now XRB able to penetrate 50 top coin in coinmarketcap

2. POS (POSToken), one of the most popular popular way is airdrop, where the allocation for airdrop is so great that the crypto community will be established. With the support of teams and developers who are reliable, very easy POS Token to be a very valuable coin because it has a usability as a producer of passive income

3. BCH (Bitcoincash), hardfork is the dream of crypto community, everyone competes to buy hardfork coins to get free coins
boruto99

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:02:13 PM

it's difficult but not impossible. do you have backgroud as entrepreneur ? if no how people trust you? trust issue maybe the most important to connetion investor and communinty for build company...
alexander00915

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:16:23 PM

Dude u earned my respect

Thank you. And thank you for asking the community for their opinion.

What I'd be careful with is the people here posting either to earn some $$ from SigCampaigns or people "supporting" projects such as ICOs just because they know short term investment in them = profit.

I support currencies that are minable and decentralized, such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, DigiByte. True investors don't care about price: I don't. Unfortunately, a large part of the crypto community is here just for money. And that's why only the legit projects will thrive when all the other coins will shatter (I'm talking about premined and/or centralized coins). Now it depends on you whether you're looking for a large number of people that would insult you and your project as soon as "the price doesn't move" or a smaller, but loyal number of people that will keep up with everything that is part of your project.

Best of luck with your project! I will save your profile for later, I'm curious to see what ideas you're going to come up with!
hoodi

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:18:19 PM

If I am not mistaken Ethereum and bitcoin were launched without ICO , or at least one of them, the results you can see yourself Smiley

helga22richter

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:51:44 PM

You can do this, but will such a project become long-term and profitable?
1Bang T JOE

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:06:09 PM

I think it's normal even if there is no ICO, if the fund already exists,
because ICO it is a fundraiser of a project.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:38:35 AM

Yes it is possible. Take a look at Blue project, there was no ICO, but the project development is coming out fine. One can develop their project without ICO.  ICOs are needed when you don't have developers and you have to employ people who code to do the work for you. Then such projects needs ICO to help finance the development.
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:41:16 AM

Yes, it's perfectly normal. Many tokens don't have an ICO, but they can distribute tokens in a number of ways, like airdrops.
But the airdrop fees needed are high and not worth it.

jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:45:43 AM

Of course this is normal, if you have your money and they are enough for you to develop and implement your idea, then why not, then you do not need to conduct an ICO, but the point is that people conduct an ICO in order to simply Collect money to realize your idea, because they do not have their own or they do not have enough
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:48:01 AM

A lot of icos are just scams for money.  It's more respectable to start a coin through an airdrop or some other type of fair distribution model.
  What matters is a projects usecase. Most of this airdrops these days are Scams as well. Most projects go dead once they hit an exchange. Most times the Devs sell out and abandon the project. What should matter is how well the Dev is prepared to push the project up. And also what the project is trying to solve in the real world. Good usecase drives demand and demand keeps a project alive.
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:50:29 AM

The whole essence of alternative coin is building coin that I'd different from bitcoin in to  another use.  ICO recently has become  fad! Cryptocurrency especially Altcoin are supposed to be coin in quest for something.  e. g Payment,  payment platform, allied services etc.

jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:52:13 AM

I've seen some coins that didn't have an ICO or ITO, some are mineable and some are not. If you have the resources to have for funding your own project; you may survive the world of digital cash, if it's mineable. As for the effects of not having an ICO; I'm not pretty sure about it, how are you going to distribute you coin?, is it mineable or not?

Anyways, for you to have some specific detail on how you can manage your own altcoin, you might want to consider the Dogezer team:
their site: https://dogezer.com/
their announcement thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2100916.0

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
alinapvlvch

Activity: 276

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

but why not, you can. but only whether there will be a sense in this. how will you attract investors. This is a fairly convenient and fast way

VIDY 👅| Decentralized Video Ad Network | VIDY 👅
Open-source NLP Protocol Hold to Earn One-Tap Payment Staking Mechanism Low fees Secure
Facebook   Telegram   Twitter   [Pre-ICO Starts on September 1st, 2018]   Bitcointalk   Medium   Reddit
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:08:02 AM

I think an ICO is a must for launching any new coins. If you launch a coin without an ICO I don't think there will be much people who would like to consider buying your coin at all. Where as, after an ICO your coin's demand might rise. So I don't think it is a good idea, and you should conduct an ICO, or else your coin might die and your money would be wasted.
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

cryptocurrency directly launching in exchanger need lot of capital then they can launch whereas ico give a lot of attention to the public in the form of advertising
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: