Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:20:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it normal to build a crypto currency without ICO  (Read 528 times)
kaineh

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:51:01 AM

This is quite possible, but very slow and inefficient. Good luck, maybe you will be the second Bitcoin Smiley
Asoss.io (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:33:56 PM

This is quite possible, but very slow and inefficient. Good luck, maybe you will be the second Bitcoin Smiley
Thanks for your support
cryptopuma

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:38:22 PM

Me and my team building a new Altcoin. The first Egyptian altcoin. So we didn't want to start it with an ICO. Is it normal to start a coin without an ico and if yes what is the effect of that
It is very possible if you dont want to have any investors that will fund your project?so skip ICO,and if you have enough money to fund the needs of your team,do not run an ICO.Most of the coins that didnt undergo ICOs are the coins which has forked from the solid coins like bitcoin,neo,etc because the popularity of their predecessor is enough to advetise the coin itself.

Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:42:43 PM

It is possible to create a blockchain without ICO by raising capital from Venture capitals and that blockchain can get attention of community by providing Airdrops

Recently Ontology did the same way and they are going forward.

Asoss.io (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:43:23 PM

It is possible to create a blockchain without ICO by raising capital from Venture capitals and that blockchain can get attention of community by providing Airdrops

Recently Ontology did the same way and they are going forward.
Thanks for your support
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:28:10 PM

Me and my team building a new Altcoin. The first Egyptian altcoin. So we didn't want to start it with an ICO. Is it normal to start a coin without an ico and if yes what is the effect of that

I believe that this is possible. But in the modern world, this crypto currency must be unique in order to attract the attention of large investors.
Aegis Platform

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 10:30:27 AM

Aegis Platform (www.aegissmartcontracts.com) will also be foregoing the ICO model.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:34:57 AM

It is perfectly normal. Look at the biggest coins and the ones with the best communities. They did not need ICOs. Take Bitcoin as your best example. Want alts that are strong? Litecoin, Monero, even Byteball proves you do not need ICOs, in fact they gave away their coins and they have some of the best developers and communities.

ICOs made everything not normal. Money for development is the easy path.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Clay99

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:37:06 AM

I have seen a few do it without an ICO.  Most notably Polymath - they gave away 10% for free.  Honestly this was a genius move.
thanhdatdat23

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:44:04 AM

There are many coins which is successful without doing ICO like Ucash (it was in top 25 CMC - highest price was 0.2$ with 8 billion market cap) it only has IBO. There are some crypto currency like REBL (Rebellious) or EQUAL, they have only airdrop and bounty without KYC. REBL gave away 4000 REBL/filled form on its airdrop which could be sold ~1200$ when it hit BIT-Z. Some airdrops need KYC like Polymath... highest price was ~400$ for 250 POLY, awesome! So if you are building a crypto currency without ICO, you need a strong community with strong supporters then you can call for investors/buyers when your coin hit exchanges.
cryptomium

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:14:50 AM

Sure,but how you gonna sell your tokens without ICO,no one will buy it when you directly listed it into exchanges.So you need to do ICO if you want to bring investors to your coins or your coins will become worthless without any demand.
yah" buddy" thats is okay..
You need directly in to the exchanges. But the only question is how do you introduce your tokens especially to thouse who intend to invest here if there is no ICO? Like others investors is to find a better platform for their investmen. May even be possible to introduce your tokens even in a small ways like airdrop to show your platform just for your tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: