Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:36:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Liqui Exchange creating false transaction id on withdrawl  (Read 170 times)
morrisonmagic (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:15:47 PM

I wanted to share a world of caution in using the Liqui Exchange. I withdrew a large amount of TaaS about 14 days ago and they took the TaaS from my wallet and created a transaction that comes up as not found on Etherscan. I have contacted them several times about the transaction and have heard no response. I understand that it is a busy time for exchanges however I am currently out of several thousand dollars that has gone missing. I have never had this kind of problem with any other exchange and I am concerned that I may never see my TaaS again. I would think twice about using this exchange and would look to other exchanges for trading Cripto. I am hoping that this might finally get a response from Liqui.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarioV

Activity: 2254
Merit: 709

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:02:43 PM

Did you solve it in the end? The same thing happened to me with my TaaS: I did withdrawal on April 18th for the snapshot of May 6th but they have not yet arrived in my wallet. I have more help tickets open, the last ones are not even taken care of.
At the moment I am losing both my Taas and the related dividend. Now I will start to report the fact to the forum and beyond.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:17:38 AM

Did you solve it in the end? The same thing happened to me with my TaaS: I did withdrawal on April 18th for the snapshot of May 6th but they have not yet arrived in my wallet. I have more help tickets open, the last ones are not even taken care of.
At the moment I am losing both my Taas and the related dividend. Now I will start to report the fact to the forum and beyond.

I've saw a huge wave of Liqui complaints last year, and their support seemed to stop responding entirely to support tickets. It's annoying as hell to deal with, because they're the ones at fault and nobody is trying to assist you in getting your funds, which are rightfully yours, back.

That's why a lot of people have stopped using Liqui after the period of support absolutely ignoring all messages, and withdrawals being stuck for ages.

I think I saw before that at least one person got his issue sorted out eventually, after a long wait (can't remember who, though). But since the only people who can help you is Liqui themselves, it doesn't really matter. It's going to be a waiting game.

Smiley
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:34:12 AM

I've saw a huge wave of Liqui complaints last year, and their support seemed to stop responding entirely to support tickets. It's annoying as hell to deal with, because they're the ones at fault and nobody is trying to assist you in getting your funds, which are rightfully yours, back.

That's why a lot of people have stopped using Liqui after the period of support absolutely ignoring all messages, and withdrawals being stuck for ages.

I think I saw before that at least one person got his issue sorted out eventually, after a long wait (can't remember who, though). But since the only people who can help you is Liqui themselves, it doesn't really matter. It's going to be a waiting game.

Last year I have also have a withdrawal problem with Liqui. It was deducted on my balance but there was no transaction id or the id is not working when I tried to locate it on etherscan. I did made a support ticket. I received a response from them in a month or 2. But that was way too long and scary so I ditched it.

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 10:18:16 PM

Probably because of them having a really small support team,after all liqui is not that big of an exchange. All exchanges suffer this problem. Usually they are like 5-10 members formed as one team that handles everything. It is nightmare on their end as well. Sucks to be in such situation,be it for the users,be it for the exchange themselves.

BitHodler
Legendary

Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:54:46 PM

Usually they are like 5-10 members formed as one team that handles everything. It is nightmare on their end as well. Sucks to be in such situation,be it for the users,be it for the exchange themselves.
The worst thing in this case is that their support team isn't capable of actually solving people's issues when it comes to approving pending withdrawals. It's something only the operator can do for (likely) security reasons.

Everything related to withdrawals and other important things have to be forwarded to the operator to actually pull the trigger, and that we know can take an awful lot of time. Patience is the only option unfortunately.

Regular support is only allowed to provide informational support, which isn't helpful at all in these cases and only slows things down unnecessarily. Smaller exchanges always struggle with paranoid operators.

Yobit fits in that category as well.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
timerland

Merit: 596

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:13:09 AM

Last year I have also have a withdrawal problem with Liqui. It was deducted on my balance but there was no transaction id or the id is not working when I tried to locate it on etherscan. I did made a support ticket. I received a response from them in a month or 2. But that was way too long and scary so I ditched it.

That's some hope for the OP to get his money back then, if you eventually got your funds back. But 2 months seems like a hell of a long time to wait for a simple withdrawal to be credited to your address, or just to receive something back from support. Good thing that you left that exchange.

Probably because of them having a really small support team,after all liqui is not that big of an exchange. All exchanges suffer this problem. Usually they are like 5-10 members formed as one team that handles everything. It is nightmare on their end as well. Sucks to be in such situation,be it for the users,be it for the exchange themselves.

Yes, although I agree with the fact that almost all exchanges last year had problems on with their support unable to handle as many requests as they received on a regular basis, it's not an excuse for such poor performance.

Liqui should at least disable sign ups or trading for the time being until they expand their customer service team. Customers have the right to resolve their problems in a respectable time limit, and Liqui isn't cutting it right now.

Smiley
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 08:15:55 PM

The worst thing in this case is that their support team isn't capable of actually solving people's issues when it comes to approving pending withdrawals. It's something only the operator can do for (likely) security reasons.

Everything related to withdrawals and other important things have to be forwarded to the operator to actually pull the trigger, and that we know can take an awful lot of time. Patience is the only option unfortunately.

Regular support is only allowed to provide informational support, which isn't helpful at all in these cases and only slows things down unnecessarily. Smaller exchanges always struggle with paranoid operators.

Yobit fits in that category as well.
Oh good gracious. This is horrible in writing itself,let alone real life. The regular support has to provide informational support but they delay in doing that also. They don't even respond or even give a little heads up so...
Yes, although I agree with the fact that almost all exchanges last year had problems on with their support unable to handle as many requests as they received on a regular basis, it's not an excuse for such poor performance.

Liqui should at least disable sign ups or trading for the time being until they expand their customer service team. Customers have the right to resolve their problems in a respectable time limit, and Liqui isn't cutting it right now.
If liqui disables sign-ups,it would make things for the worse. Newer people won't understand why and they will spread bad reputation for the exchange. Bittrex did that and look where they got themselves into. From one of the best exchanges to one of the worst exchanges.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:03:40 AM

Unfortunately, Liqui has been in sort of a downward slope ever since last year. It's just either a poorly run business with an extremely understaffed support team, or they are already starting to selectively scam people in order to potentially finance their interest bearing investments.

Either way, they are not a safe exchange to use, since if you encounter any issues you simply can't depend on the support to resolve them in a timely fashion. What you experienced was also the experience with many others.

I've definitely heard people who received a response from support after months of waiting. So you can wait with some hope of getting your funds back, but don't expect it to be any time soon. Waiting patiently is all you can do right now, anyways. Make sure that you don't trust liqui with any amount of deposits, if you indeed get your money out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: