Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:18:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on avatar  (Read 113 times)
Pumapipa (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

I have tried countless times to change my avatar. But it keeps on going back to the old avatar that I have. I tried to take it off. And when I try to re upload the avatar that i want, still the old avatar shows up. What should I do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 01:51:03 PM

What should I do?
Wait and refresh your browser dude or just open the forum into the another tab of your browser.
Hope that helps a lot Grin
thd26bct

Activity: 300
Merit: 93

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:56:59 PM
Merited by Pumapipa (1)

I have tried countless times to change my avatar. But it keeps on going back to the old avatar that I have. I tried to take it off. And when I try to re upload the avatar that i want, still the old avatar shows up. What should I do?
Clear cookies of your web browser, sign in again. Change your avatar, then it will work fine. Surely.
godblessyou12

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:06:17 PM

try to read beginers post all information posted there
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:08:55 PM

Sometimes when you upload a new avatar, the old avatar shows up for a few hours. Normally, the new avatar is updated after a couple of hours at the most, but in some cases it can take much longer (I have faced this issue quite a few times). So my advice is to wait for a few hours once you change your avatar. Please don't re-upload it every 10 minutes or so.
Pumapipa (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:14:47 PM

Clear cookies of your web browser, sign in again. Change your avatar, then it will work fine. Surely.
a big thanks to you bro.
At first I was doubtful and have come to that point where I am frustrated already but this one helped a lot.
Thanks again.. It worked perfectly and now i am wearing the avatar that I want.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:33:21 PM

a big thanks to you bro.
At first I was doubtful and have come to that point where I am frustrated already but this one helped a lot.
Thanks again.. It worked perfectly and now i am wearing the avatar that I want.
Meriting him if possible, you wont lose your current merits. What you lose is your sMerits (sendable merits), but you got nothing by keeping sMerits. That's the way merit system works and this is also one of ways you can show your appreciation to others' help too.

Link to official announcement about merit system and new rank requirements, released by Theymos:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.660

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

If someone sends you 1 merit, the 0.5 sMerit is not wasted; it is just not shown until you get another merit point.

There are stats here, and you can find someone's merit summary by clicking the "merit" link on their profile.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██