Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Secure wallet for altcoins  (Read 230 times)
Ravvish2 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

I cannot store many altcoins with trezor or ledger nano s.what is the solution to store coins for long term that are not supported to trezor or ledger?
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:06:10 PM

Hi. Depends on which altcoins.
I personally use MyEtherWallet which supports ERC20 tokens.
Use one address for your ERC20 tokens and ETH, backup your private key and addresses. Your money is only as safe as the steps you take to protect your digital wallets and the systems you access them through. 
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:11:04 PM

I cannot store many altcoins with trezor or ledger nano s.what is the solution to store coins for long term that are not supported to trezor or ledger?
Coinomi is one of the best multi Support coins wallet which support many reputed cryotocurrency but can say what the altcoins to store then the people can suggest you the best wallet.
MEW is another option if your coins is based on ERC20 but you can't store litecoins or BCH in MEW,so you need to select the right wallet for your coin.
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:11:38 PM

I am using https://www.myetherwallet.com/ for all ERC20 tokens.

It is very safe and secure if you keep your private key safe. User friendly and easy to use.

SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:16:09 PM

Well if you're storing ERC20 tokens the best wallet would be Myetherwallet. Why? because all tokens in ERC20 are ethereum based and you can perfectly store them in that digital wallet. Just don't give your private keys away.
sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:20:55 PM

Certainly it depends on which altcoins but i prefer if your coins ERC20 supported is Myetherwallet because its safe and very popular to anyone it is ethereum based and its functioning well. But dont share to others your private key to avoid hacking be aware always
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:28:29 PM

Best way to store altcoin is Core wallet from Dev of their coin! But you must backup Wallet.dat file or Private key and need have a times to sync wallet before sent coin to exchange or other wallet!
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:37:19 PM

MyEtherWallet was the most popular altcoins wallet which is an ERC20 compatible to support all tokens. Use this wallet specially if there are more coming new coins and tokens from your new investments or campaigns but better you will use the wallet provided by your chosen exchanges so that you could do trading instantly reducing transaction fees which is required every time you need to transfer your coins from wallet to exchanges.
Marry_OI

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:38:47 PM

I also use  https://www.myetherwallet.com and I really like it. If something is not clear, I'm helped by YouTube. In addition, it is easy to withdraw funds from it - to the exchanger and after 5 minutes on the card. So, I recommend. The main thing is, do not give anyone your secret key and everything will be all right.

hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:45:08 PM

The most secure method to store ERC20 coins is paper print with your address and private key from MyEtherWallet. Also you need to backup wallet.dat file on different devices.
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:51:01 PM

MEW is undoubtedly the best storage for tokens on the basis of ERC20. In addition, there is the possibility of authorization through your Trezor or Ledger that significantly improves the security of your wallet.
Rudementry

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:54:42 PM

You can download the purses of all coins that are not supported in Tresor and Ledger nano S on the USB flash drive. Then transfer this information to a computer that has never connected to the Internet and will never be connected to it. Create offline transactions there and transfer them via a USB flash drive to a computer that is connected to the Internet.
grinmoure

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:51:47 AM

I like MEW for ETH and my ERC20 tokens, Jaxx for Dash/LTC, and Blockchain.info for BTC/BCC.  Still looking for a good wallet for monero.  Any suggestions?
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:56:03 AM

I like MEW for ETH and my ERC20 tokens, Jaxx for Dash/LTC, and Blockchain.info for BTC/BCC.  Still looking for a good wallet for monero.  Any suggestions?
MEW : myetherwallet by the way. It is very popular but I can not say anything about its security I believe that it is secure
For Jaxx it became usefull in last 6 month with cooperation of shapeshift. It seems quite good.
For blockchain as far as I know it is safe
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:58:34 AM

I have been using MyEtherWallet for some time now to store both Ethereum and any of the ERC-20 tokens that I either purchase or obtain through ICO. It is pretty secure in my opinion as long as you have chosen a good password and are senseible enough to avoid phishing scams. You can add another layer of security with metamask if you choose.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
helen123

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:59:04 AM

MyEtherWallet is the best for ERC20 tokens for sure. I recommend that.

Risna99

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:07:43 AM

The question of safe and unsafe for the wallet for me depending on the negligence we use, if we are not careful Yes definitely not secure our wallets. but the current reply to me more pleased in any Myetherwallet karna Myetherwallet. I think it's safe to our wallets.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:12:10 AM

If you can buy another trezor and ledger nano s wallets then buy some so you can store more other Altcoins because I really think that it is more safe to store on an offline or a cold storage wallet than most of website do, But if you don't have funds to some more of these wallets I really think printing out paper wallets and store it in a physical vault can guarantee safety from hackers, Well that is the only way I can think of because I am using ERC20 wallet for my tokens and a mobile application wallet for certain Altcoins that I have invested with.
ryjin1007

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:12:48 AM

To secure your altcoins if you using MEW in the first place you just have to import you private key on metamask so that all your tokens and funds will be transferred in the metamask. Metamask is a secured wallet which it can detect suspicious site like phishing and hacking accounts and if you want to use hardware wallet use ledger will be worth enough carrying all your funds in your pocket
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:16:36 AM

I think with trezor or ledger nano s already fairly safe, yes I guess it will be safe. or you can add MEW wallet, I never had trouble with the wallet. all this time all went well and fine. only, sometimes experience a little disruption in the transaction. besides, everything is good.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: