Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:23:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Translation in bounty campaign  (Read 127 times)
bounty_bitcoin_92 (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 01:51:30 PM

Good evening! I have been looking for the topic about translations in bounty campaign, but I haven't found them yet. If such topic exists in the forum send me the link, please. If such topic doesn't exist, please, share your experience of participating in translations in bounty compaigns.
Is it possible to take a translation from English into Russian? How many pages does a translation usually include?
How many tokens are usually given for the translation?
y2j89

Activity: 1027
Merit: 316

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:56:48 PM

[....]
Is it possible to take a translation from English into Russian? How many pages does a translation usually include?

Of course it is possible to translate things from English into Russian. A translation is as long as it is. A longer OP/Whitepaper/whatever results obiously in a longer translation. Since every bounty is usually paid in tokens/coins by the "dev"(-team) it is impossible to say how many coins/token to expect.
Tuanken897

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:07:13 PM

Good evening! I have been looking for the topic about translations in bounty campaign, but I haven't found them yet. If such topic exists in the forum send me the link, please. If such topic doesn't exist, please, share your experience of participating in translations in bounty compaigns.

If you want to join translation bounty, you must visit the bounties thread frequently. When a new Bounty announced, alot of people will reverse for the translation. You will not be chosen if you are late.

About 100 -300 tokens for a translation
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2366
Merit: 837

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:22:43 PM

If you want to join translation bounty, you must visit the bounties thread frequently. When a new Bounty announced, alot of people will reverse for the translation. You will not be chosen if you are late.

About 100 -300 tokens for a translation
More correctly, rewards for translations are very different. And they depends totally upon the campaign managers and policies of different projects.

For translation, you should post on local boards, which will get more attention from your locals.
In addition, you can post the translation on different forums, such as bitcointalk garden, reddit, steemit, etc.
bounty_bitcoin_92 (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:32:54 PM

Thank you very much for the answers! And I have one more question about the translations. What are usually the time limits for making translations? How quickly the translation should be made?
HodorHodl

Activity: 84
Merit: 58

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:41:52 PM

Thank you very much for the answers! And I have one more question about the translations. What are usually the time limits for making translations? How quickly the translation should be made?

You are competing with the ones who submit the translations first, so in other words, as quickly as possible. BUT!

Crap google-translate jobs will be rejected quickly, but depending on the dev team and momentum, a "reasonable" translation might be OK for immediate press action.

Even a 20-page document can be translated quite quickly on the fly if you speak both languages well. Do your best, submit a professional translation. If it succeeds, great. If not, you have something that will stand up to scrutiny in your portfolio. It's still valid even if it's not accepted.

H.
drngocct

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:22:07 AM

~
It's difficult for you to get links to all available translation bounties in the forum from others. The reason is they don't have too much free time for doing this, instead of waiting from others' help, you should do it by yourself.

Scanning the alternate cryptocurrencies (Announcements) for more information.

One more point, rewards for each translation bounty is different.

Finally, for the quesiton "How long each translation will be?". That depends upon the original one from which you make your translation,right?

P/s: Please post your translation in local boards or in different forum, something like bitcoingarden, for example.

Good luck.
deccarro

Activity: 30
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:55:34 PM

Actually I have a few friends who did already some translations but from English to Polish. I am already preparing myself to also take part in some projects when I achieve proper rank on forum. What I can tell is that you should track topics in bounties sections and just check every new if the translations are available, past 2 weeks there were about 10-15 translation offers per week so it is quite often. From these translations, polish language is in around 20-30% which is quite rarely, russian is encountered more often so it  should be easier for you to find something for yourself. Many bounties require from you to have some experience, so don't be upset if some people will disagree for your cooperation at first. Wait patiently and find bounty manager who will be able to hire you for your first work. After that it will be much easier for you. Having evidence of your previous work.
lamgiaukhongkho26

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:19:14 AM

Actually I have a few friends who did already some translations but from English to Polish. I am already preparing myself to also take part in some projects when I achieve proper rank on forum. What I can tell is that you should track topics in bounties sections and just check every new if the translations are available, past 2 weeks there were about 10-15 translation offers per week so it is quite often. From these translations, polish language is in around 20-30% which is quite rarely, russian is encountered more often so it  should be easier for you to find something for yourself. Many bounties require from you to have some experience, so don't be upset if some people will disagree for your cooperation at first. Wait patiently and find bounty manager who will be able to hire you for your first work. After that it will be much easier for you. Having evidence of your previous work.
Let's do it. Over time, you will have good CV in translation bounties. After each one finished, put the link to those on on your CV for later use. Then you will definitely have more probability to be accepted when submitting for translation bounties. Good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: