Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think merit sources are fair?  (Read 170 times)
El Il-mythos (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:52:29 PM

I've seen posts from Jr. and member received some merit.
And a question came to my mind,
"do merit sources are fair? "
I ask this one because the possibility that all the merit sources would not have same response for someone's post. Let say i posted with quality and half of the merit sources send me a merit while the others did not. Do you think it is fair? It seems unfair to many and and can't be avoided of having thoughts like this because the merit sources appear as if they have different standard for the quality post. it is quite confusing until now.
Do you think the moderators should provide an explanation to all possible questions about this merit system and also to correct the understanding about this?

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:29:10 PM

I ask this one because the possibility that all the merit sources would not have same response for someone's post. Let say i posted with quality and half of the merit sources send me a merit while the others did not. Do you think it is fair?
Consider yourself very lucky if half of those  merit sources are sending you merit for quality posts. You will reach the higher ranks in very less time with this provided you keep making quality posts. I am fine with even one noticing my quality posts.

Also a small suggestion use a capital "I" in your sentences instead of "i" irrespective of wherever it occurs.

Signature available for rent
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:03:32 PM

I ask this one because the possibility that all the merit sources would not have same response for someone's post. Let say i posted with quality and half of the merit sources send me a merit while the others did not. Do you think it is fair? It seems unfair to many and and can't be avoided of having thoughts like this because the merit sources appear as if they have different standard for the quality post. it is quite confusing until now.
Do you think the moderators should provide an explanation to all possible questions about this merit system and also to correct the understanding about this?
I think this is fair enough, although most people would say that this system is not fair because sometimes a quality post does not necessarily get merit.

The most important thing now is that we should keep trying to give the best, we give a share to this forum by conducting discussions that are useful for the development of the world of digital currency and also this forum. I'm sure although we do not get merit, but someone will pay attention to us because we have given our best. Maybe someday it will come, though not now but I'm sure it will come.

So do not ever give up and be disappointed with the current situation, although we do not get merit, but if we can keep doing the best then we will be a useful person. Maybe you will say that we will find it difficult to follow the signature campaign, yes it is everyone's thinking and I think like that. But believe that God will always give the best, we could get a much larger income in other ways. All can be very possible because I believe that miracles will always be there and every good will surely have results, although not now but it will surely come !!
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1129

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:32:08 PM

With the number of new accounts being created each day I think it's fair to limit their abilities to rank up. Merit is performing this role, although this will probably influence the prices of high ranked accounts sold on the forum. That said, weeding out the existing ranked spammers is much easier than stopping new members from farming multiple accounts.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:39:15 PM

With the number of new accounts being created each day I think it's fair to limit their abilities to rank up. Merit is performing this role, although this will probably influence the prices of high ranked accounts sold on the forum. That said, weeding out the existing ranked spammers is much easier than stopping new members from farming multiple accounts.

So you a hero have had 20 merits in a few days that's more than the max of 14 activity in two weeks... the system works bud...

Newbies need to just step it up and stop moaning

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:33:54 PM

I don't understand why people think the new merit system isn't fair.. Because you won't be betting any activity points and ranking up just for posting, regardless of what you're posting and the quality of the post? The system didn't catch up yet, give it some time.

Now even if you're new but experienced with forums, bitcoin and know how to write a quality post, you can rank up in far less time than waiting for every second week to get 14 activity points. Just invest a little bit more time and thinking into your posts and you'll be fine (if you want to rank up).

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:36:26 PM

I don't understand why people think the new merit system isn't fair.. Because you won't be betting any activity points and ranking up just for posting, regardless of what you're posting and the quality of the post? The system didn't catch up yet, give it some time.

Now even if you're new but experienced with forums, bitcoin and know how to write a quality post, you can rank up in far less time than waiting for every second week to get 14 activity points. Just invest a little bit more time and thinking into your posts and you'll be fine (if you want to rank up).

another man who gets it.. you got more merits than you would through activity the last few days, and as the merit sources increase so will the hand outs.

the main people to worry are the shitposters, sig spammers, account farmers and people who can barely speak English.

all in all this is a great thing for the community

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:41:01 PM

Thing is that merit sources give merit to others then others can give half of those points to other people etc. So far it may seem far as we will have to post in interesting topics with good posts. Although it is a lot harder to gain ranks now and it will be hard for me to reach higher ranks at one point it ain't fair if you take into consideration that we who have new accounts are the ones taking hits. But there's nothing we can do about it, we do not run this forum and of we want to use it, we have to comply with the rules.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: