Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:15:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MEMES INSIDE List of people being happy and sad with MERITS  (Read 170 times)
iwillhodl (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:57:56 PM

There are people:

Happy   Cheesy:
1. Multi-accounters having a lot of old accounts, that will now sell their merits (obviously there are so many ways to make it unnoticeable)
2. Account hackers that will profit even more by also selling merits from accounts
3. Old members having merits only for activity - curious how much % of old members will have today big amount of merits if it was implemented long ago? I estimate about up to 60-70% of members or even less when we take as a point today's frequency of merit giving. Not blaming everyone of course, but probably anyone of you know one person that with their for example short posts wouldn't get any merit, even if they are full member, hero member or more

Sad  Sad:
1. New members, whatever they write good or bad posts, they still are not allowed to rank up without friends on forum or without writing posts in a most popular categories that merit givers read
Very, very sad  Cry
2. People that lack very small amount to be full member and one day of lack of some activity points for example - made them to atleast achieve 90 merits to get full member rank

I understand it just started, but I think there should be some changes, for example my 2 ideas:
1. There should be some more junior moderators to protect forum from spam and worthless content. When trustworthy users can get rank of junior moderator for example, they will do it in their spare time even for free.
And, connecting with first also
2. Merit can be given by anyone once or two a week (rank dependent, newbie 0, member 1, full members 2, hero 3, legendary 5 etc). Junior moderator have sometimes to check if these merits are given properly, especially for lower rank members.

Take point on this

● ⚫ GIFcoin.io ⚫ ●
Gambling Investment Fund (http://gifcoin.io)
Working business ✔ 80% of net profit shared with Holders ✔
krishnaverma

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:24:29 PM

2. Merit can be given by anyone once or two a week (rank dependent, newbie 0, member 1, full members 2, hero 3, legendary 5 etc). Junior moderator have sometimes to check if these merits are given properly, especially for lower rank members.
If this is allowed, people will start creating accounts in bulk and use their free merits to rank up those accounts. This will defeat the purpose of introducing the system.

Regarding the people being happy and sad with the decisions, it is better if you keep your emotions independent of the rules of a forum you are registered with.
iwillhodl (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:35:12 PM

If this is allowed, people will start creating accounts in bulk and use their free merits to rank up those accounts. This will defeat the purpose of introducing the system.

Regarding the people being happy and sad with the decisions, it is better if you keep your emotions independent of the rules of a forum you are registered with.

I feel like you posted there only for merits. You are example of person that received 13 merits, but all were given in topics that belong to merit topics. There are people who wrote many more posts than you but in other forum categories, and didn't received ANY. So you feel it's time to spam it, good idea, adapt, improvise, overcome. So instead of your negative feedback "creating accounts in bulk and use" to my idea, I find negative and feel problem in "creating accounts in bulk and use" to spam merit topics, and anyway when not creating accounts, just spamming these topics. Still negative found.

● ⚫ GIFcoin.io ⚫ ●
Gambling Investment Fund (http://gifcoin.io)
Working business ✔ 80% of net profit shared with Holders ✔
krishnaverma

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:42:27 PM

You are example of person that received 13 merits, but all were given in topics that belong to merit topics.
So what is the issue with it if I am making quality posts here. You asked a query here and if I am providing my opinion about this, what is wrong with it. Regarding me making posts here only, I had made posts in other sections as well. But if someone has noticed posts in this section only, how is this my fault ?

You are right that people are not getting that many merits in other section and I hope this gets better with time.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8923

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:11:32 PM

I feel like you posted there only for merits. You are example of person that received 13 merits, but all were given in topics that belong to merit topics. There are people who wrote many more posts than you but in other forum categories, and didn't received ANY. So you feel it's time to spam it, good idea, adapt, improvise, overcome. So instead of your negative feedback "creating accounts in bulk and use" to my idea, I find negative and feel problem in "creating accounts in bulk and use" to spam merit topics, and anyway when not creating accounts, just spamming these topics. Still negative found.

Way to derail your own thread. It was a valid observation, free merits would be farmed just like activity was farmed until now. Do you have a solution that would solve that?
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:20:35 PM

Now don't be negative, be open for suggestions from all kinds of members. Also, it is stated that there would be a moderator to check if all merits were given properly.

But man, let's not make another thread about merits. I think this post can be a reply to some threads.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: