Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:55:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Merit points will become business in this Forum?  (Read 163 times)
Naitik (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:20:54 PM

Let's face it, Merit system is a good change in this Forum because we are looking around only shit posts all around having no point,
But Do the merit system will conflicted here.
Some might use it as a business resource as someone allocate his merit points as exchange of some money.
Do the forum have to make more regulation about merit points,
So it does work properly & we may get on the track too.
The really motive of this Forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 03:26:58 PM

Yes it might be, but I'm glad finally there's a powerful system to stop accounts farmer.
Naitik (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:37:51 PM

Yes it might be, but I'm glad finally there's a powerful system to stop accounts farmer.
Yes you are right the fake accounts will be barred now. Happy with that
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:45:18 PM

Some might use it as a business resource as someone allocate his merit points as exchange of some money.

Negative trust is being given by higher rank members for suspicious accounts misusing the new system. We may see other stronger actions being taken in future. See whatever change you do, there are always some people who try to game the system. Overall this is expected to give good results in long run.
Kravious

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:08:37 PM

I don't think that Merit as a form of business would be an advantage for members of this forum. In my opinion, if an individual would like to participate in a campaign and the campaign is dependent on the number of merits a person has; if a person received multiply merits from just on person would be very suspicious.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:11:47 PM

Yes, but out of this forum.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:32:10 PM

This is a risk that may happen, it is very possible to do business selling and buying point merit. That's what many people worry about, this can be seen from the many points merit that is allocated to a post that does not have good quality. Indirectly then we can think that there are things that are not appropriate. Forums should do schemes that may be able to filter and admins can check every post that gets merit, especially those that get many points in each post. Maybe it takes time, but we all believe that it will be able to provide comfort and justice for all members of the forum here. Because the initial purpose of creating merit is to make the forum more controllable and everyone who can contribute will be able to gain appreciation from others.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:48:21 PM

Let's face it, Merit system is a good change in this Forum because we are looking around only shit posts all around having no point,
But Do the merit system will conflicted here.
So it does work properly & we may get on the track too.
The really motive of this Forum.

Yes it's time we face the truth,it's obvious that many will start this as a business,infact I spotted a guy in one of the crypto telgram groups who was begging for merits in exchange for $1 for each merit point.3 days into the new system and people have already started corrupting it,and I don't think we can put a stop to this.

Yes indeed we are all glad, account farming has been a big problem to this forum since the start and it's reign has come to an end now Smiley
Sheckley

Activity: 279
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:56:39 PM

This is the big risk. Negative trust will be given to people engaging in merit trade, once discovered or suspected, but if too many people would start to engage in this trade it would be difficult, if not impossible, to track them all down. Especially when someone will find ways to disguise this trade.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:01:08 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 12:54:58 PM by pugman

The system is great, one of the best things ever, finally theymos did something that everyone was asking for.
The merit system is not fully into its effectiveness but surely over time people will start using it. But what is the purpose of this thread? There are tens of threads discussing pretty much the same topic, criticism and suggestions are happening all around, don't see that there is a need for this thread as it is not bringing up anything new.
Edit : Even if some people use merit points to formulate a new business plan, this would not be possible much, the merit points records are open, so they shall be tagged accordingly.

Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 02:25:10 PM

Yes you are right the fake accounts will be barred now. Happy with that

Now I'm thinking when there will be another powerful system to stop haters form attacking others. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: