Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are those ico's with kyc safe to invest?  (Read 195 times)
XIANNE25 (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 03:46:27 PM

I had invested mostly on lending ico's recently but I found out most of them turned into scams.. Now I'm switching to ico's with kyc requirements.. Is it safe to give info about our documents? 
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:51:58 PM

No ICO is safe no matter KYC or not.
Also any company that raise money without a strict KYC will never be able to cash it out in a bank in the regulated world.
Cashing out money out-of-nowhere is money laundering.
honeyduckgoose

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:05:14 PM

It is a good thing, but just because it has KYC's doesn't mean it is 100%. You need to research into the ICO quite a lot.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:15:19 PM

I personally avoid ico's with kyc as the plague, doesn't really feel comfortable giving out your private documents to randoms on bitcointalk.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:46:41 PM

I think it is a plus, but I wouldn't suggest you invest solely because they have KYC's this is a rather new thing and old ICO's didn't really have this issue.
lanangwidyadnyana

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:55:49 PM

for me it's hard to say the ICO is safe or not, event use KYC or not, it can't guaranty 100% safe.
the main ting we need to check and learning the project, to know how is the project develop, see the road map, join the group end etc.

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:03:40 PM

Maybe with it all the projects really safe from the scam. Indeed many projects are now scam because the concept is not so interesting and other things.
You should invest with a team and project concept that is really very good and experienced in its field. such as DIWtoken is very good to invest.
Dydot

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:04:56 PM

I have also noticed many ICOs require kyc these days. I am not sure what prompt it yet. If the company keep our documents safe and private. It's Okay. So, you have to make sure you are submitting your documents to credible project.

juno77

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:10:46 PM

I personally am not fond of sharing my personal information, however I have done it a couple of times now,but I had researched the projects to make myself more or less content before doing so. So I would encourage you do enough research and background checks too. Generally speaking, they usually are safe and sometimes a positive thing that they ask for a KYC.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:18:44 PM

KYC prosedure is to protect your self from any law trouble, just make sure you join real project not a fake one. In other hand all lending platfor is scam for me. no way there a trading bot that can make you daily profit wihtout a sinle lost, just impossible.
meer45

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:23:52 PM

Just because a project implements KYC means that it's good, but for me it is at least an indicator in the sense that implementing KYC means the project team has to do a bunch of work to check the entries as well. If they were intending to scam, they might not have been willing to waste their time on KYC. But as I said, they might be doing this to give you the impression that they are legit.

I think the problem with your failed ICOs had nothing to do with KYC but rather with the fact that they were lending ICOs, because the concept of lending is shady as hell.

coinoberg

Activity: 105

Get your share of the future

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:52:59 PM

No ICO is safe no matter KYC or not.
Also any company that raise money without a strict KYC will never be able to cash it out in a bank in the regulated world.
Cashing out money out-of-nowhere is money laundering.

Agreed. The fact that an ICO is doing kyc verification does not mean anything. If project is scam, you'll be losing your money even after you are kyc verified. You better check the team, not if they are doing that verification.

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:58:11 PM

I had invested mostly on lending ico's recently but I found out most of them turned into scams.. Now I'm switching to ico's with kyc requirements.. Is it safe to give info about our documents? 
You can't really trust coins that have an ICO because they can do whatever they want with your money or information that you give to them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:03:42 PM

I participated in two ICOs with KYC and they let me good feed, it's was Thekey. But not all ICOs with KYC is not scam. Better you should be attention about team contacts, history everybody from their team.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:22:55 PM

At the beginning when it emerge, I can say that its a good way for Knowing a good ICO but now, we can't still say because some scammers use it as a way of collecting individuals data for other fraud activities and at the same time still scam them of their money. I think its best to resort to the usually research of developers and the ICO, reading their whitepapers and knowing what people are saying about it.
Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:31:33 PM

KYC won't stop you from getting scammed, but I believe it shows that the ICO you are interested in is at least attempting to do the right thing by following regulations. I would suggest that you really get involved and find out what is is that you are throwing your money into. Read the Whitepaper completely and make sure you are investing in an actual product and not just vaporware. There are plenty of sites that rate ICOs now. I would read their feedback as well.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:34:16 PM

yes you are right, it is very risky to give your identity but the ICO coin will be a scam and have your own data to make your identity uncovered honestly it is not good and not done because it violates existing privacy.
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:34:53 PM

It's not about what's better or worse. It could be a scam even if they will come and see you before sunday church. Smiley When ICO do KYC procedure they just wants to check - maybe you is a scam.

anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:48:16 PM

there is no ico safe even with KYC. it's a game of high risk, high reward.

i suggest you to look at team members, project idea and the roadmap.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:56:09 PM

You think icos that ask for kyc will not scam, ever? Why in the hell would you invest in something which asks for your personal documents, your anonymity is violated and you are not sure if you will ever get a good return. I wanted to invest in icos like indahash and telegram's ICO ton, but I didn't because of kyc, I would rather choose trading than that.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██