Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:58:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are those ico's with kyc safe to invest?  (Read 195 times)
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:02:25 PM

Are there already any examples of identity-theft or phishing scams using the data gathered ftom KYC?  I wonder.  I don't feel comfortable either ginving away my personal info.  On the other hand, it is a sign of 'the wild west' maturing.  There would indeed be too much money laundering if things stayed as they were.  I did a few ICO's with KYC and at least two of them were very good ico's with instant profit.  I think you better get used to the idea because we will probably end up in a situation where ICO's without KYC will be illegal in most countries.
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:03:42 PM

That's right, the KYC procedure does not affect the success of the project. I send my documents to the ICO's that interest me, but I am adding watermarks with the name of the project to the documents
gamer_2088

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:07:29 PM

I had invested mostly on lending ico's recently but I found out most of them turned into scams.. Now I'm switching to ico's with kyc requirements.. Is it safe to give info about our documents? 

I think that nothing can guarantee. There are a lot of risks. I'm trying to understand the idea in General, the project team and the attention of the public. Good luck in the trade.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: