Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Board for 6 and 12/13 GPU - p.s. I hate MSI!!!  (Read 73 times)
Volcomstarr (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:05:05 PM

** You can skip this part **

I would like to start this thread offending MSI but let's move on. I'll just say that I hate they way the use their damned asterisks! I purchased a Z270 M3 board and I realized that it doesn't support 6 GPUs. I am not a total noob therefore before purchasing it I read all specifications and the manual and they only talk about M2 slots that disable specific PCI ports when in use but in reality there was something more! After spending more than 5 hours in their forum I started to see a lot of quotes by MSI staff to people having my same problem:

* 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (supports x16/x4 mode)*
* 4 x PCIe 3.0 x1 slots
* The PCI_E4 slot will be unavailable when an M.2 SSD module has been installed in the M.2_2 slot.
** The PCI_E2 slot will be unavailable when an expansion card has been installed in the PCI_E5 slot.
** The PCI_E3 slot will be unavailable when an expansion card has been installed in the PCI_E6 slot.
All these mysterious asterisks that they keep quoting from Z270 M3 specification page, ARE MISSING! I don't really know where the hell this information was written! There's NOTHING in the manuial and NOTHING on their website but they keep quoting this important information without any source Angry I'm gonna send back this damned board asap.

** Start here **

Now that I am calm, could you please recommend me motherboards that supports 6 and 12 (or 13) GPUs? I already know the following models:

6 GPU:
- ASRock H81 Pro BTC+ (6 GPU)
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 (7 GPU)
- BIOSTAR TB250-BTC (6 GPU)

12/13 GPU:
- ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ (13 GPU)
- BIOSTAR TB250-BTC PRO (12 GPU)

But since I no longer trust myself and I am starting to hate the stupid use of asterisks, could you please give me confirmations and recommendations?

Thank you a lot!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: