Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:40:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st rank update after the Merit system launch  (Read 436 times)
BaliScript (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:16:52 PM

I am excited about the merit system since I believe it will result in more quality posts and overall more quality forum.

However, can I suggest for this Wednesdays rank update that everybody gets his/her rank update regardless the merits? Since the merit system is new and not fully adopted by everyone yet.

What are your thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moretea

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:19:28 PM

update on old system please. Nobody got any warning or announcement a new rankng system would be placed on the forum. It is only fair that the this rank update date is based on the old system.

● ⚫ GIFcoin.io ⚫ ●
Gambling Investment Fund (http://gifcoin.io)
Working business ✔ 80% of net profit shared with Holders ✔
ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:30:07 PM

I don't know the impact of Merit; well i believe people would still get around it but I think it is another filter added. This community is huge these measures are needed to help minimize abuse of the forum; I would love to get an update on my rank I tried hard just to be hit with this new feature lol. I guess I need to try harder Tongue

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:35:26 PM
Merited by mocacinno (1), RJX (1)

The new system is adopted, but it doesn't seem to be accepted by some - mainly the ponzi spammers.

I support it, and hope that the restrictions will be tightened so that we can have our old Bitcoin Talk forum back.

Please note - the next update would have made me eligible for Legendary status, and I am now at least six months away from that. But I would rather have a proper Bitcoin Talk forun than promotion in a spam fest Babylon.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
BZingerB

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:39:46 PM

In the section that describes the ranking system, there is no information on the merits required.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0

let's hope that the system is in test mode. Or at least the next rank will pass without merit system.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:50:00 PM

I believe there are a couple of threads on Bitcoin Talk that discuss the merit system. Maybe one of those might mention the requirements. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:54:35 PM

I am excited about the merit system since I believe it will result in more quality posts and overall more quality forum.

However, can I suggest for this Wednesdays rank update that everybody gets his/her rank update regardless the merits? Since the merit system is new and not fully adopted by everyone yet.

What are your thoughts?

I've read about 5 threads like this. Maybe if you read more you would be aware of that fact.. then when you start a thread it will be more relevant and more likely to get merit

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
BaliScript (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:28:41 PM
Merited by cryptossi (1)

What are your thoughts?

I've read about 5 threads like this. Maybe if you read more you would be aware of that fact.. then when you start a thread it will be more relevant and more likely to get merit

I have read a couple threads actually and in most of them people were complaining. I don't see the point in that, since the decision is already made and I trust that this Merit system was thoroughly thought over by the makers.

I haven't read any suggestions to postpone the Merit upgrade for this weeks rank update. Obviously, I would not open a new thread if I did.

Another thing; how is your post constructive?

TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:31:09 PM

What are your thoughts?

I have read a couple threads actually and in most of them people were complaining. I don't see the point in that, since the decision is already made and I trust that this Merit system was thoroughly thought over by the makers.

I haven't read any suggestions to postpone the Merit upgrade for this weeks rank update. Obviously, I would not open a new thread if I did.

Another thing; how is your post constructive?

my post is constructive as it is pointing out another shitpost... the 275 merits that have been fired my way the last few days make me think that my attitude to shitposters and paying it forward when posters are not shitposters is right..

how many merits have you got?

CondemnedForces

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:58:05 PM

my post is constructive as it is pointing out another shitpost... the 275 merits that have been fired my way the last few days make me think that my attitude to shitposters and paying it forward when posters are not shitposters is right..

Seems like this whole merit thing makes you feel very proud of yourself. The only thing that makes you special is that you registred here in the form earlier than the most. You are just the same one-line shitposter, only insulting people. Great attitude, this forum/community needs more people like you. NOT!

The only reason you got merit so far is that you are circle-jerking with all the legendarys who celebrate the new system. Without the merit system it would look like you are farming activity, just like the people in Off-topic who talk about their favourite color. Or do you thing posts, like these are considered quality posts, that deserve merit?

your post needs more love..

As Ver is Cancer and shitposters here are cancer.. maybe they would make some super cancer forum!

BURN.. these newbies have no idea

How many Lauda wanks have you had today OP??

+1 fella, roll with the punches and stay upbeat

Right. Correct attitude, you get a couple unlike the penis above
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:53:12 PM
Merited by TheQuin (1)

Seems like this whole merit thing makes you feel very proud of yourself. The only thing that makes you special is that you registred here in the form earlier than the most. You are just the same one-line shitposter, only insulting people. Great attitude, this forum/community needs more people like you. NOT!

The only reason you got merit so far is that you are circle-jerking with all the legendarys who celebrate the new system. Without the merit system it would look like you are farming activity, just like the people in Off-topic who talk about their favourite color. Or do you thing posts, like these are considered quality posts, that deserve merit?

As Ver is Cancer and shitposters here are cancer.. maybe they would make some super cancer forum!

to show you how incorrectly informed you are.. check this link..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsend

I am actually #3 on the most generous merit senders list...

so yes I will give a load of shit to idiots, but those who have embraced the system and stepped up to the mark have been rewarded.

anything else?

CondemnedForces

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:14:06 PM

so yes I will give a load of shit to idiots, but those who have embraced the system and stepped up to the mark have been rewarded.

anything else?

Did I say anything about you sending merits? No, not at all.

All I say is that you are just as much of shitposter as the "newbies" you are insulting constantly. Just look at the few posts from you I quoted. They are only from today! Do you consider them quality and constructive posts? If it were a Newbie or Jr. member that posted these kind of posts, I am sure you would be one of the first screaming 'activity farming' or 'spamming'. You are just a hypocrite. Simple as that.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 10:21:01 PM

anything else?

Did I say anything about you sending merits? No, not at all.

All I say is that you are just as much of shitposter as the "newbies" you are insulting constantly. Just look at the few posts from you I quoted. They are only from today! Do you consider them quality and constructive posts? If it were a Newbie or Jr. member that posted these kind of posts, I am sure you would be one of the first screaming 'activity farming' or 'spamming'. You are just a hypocrite. Simple as that.

I have nothing to prove to you son. I gave merits to those who deserve them and those who don't get told so. You can moan about it all you want. It won't change the way I post

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:25:53 PM

theymos recently made a change regarding the merit system and said he's open to changing the system for the better. Hopefully this means tighter/higher restrictions but, more Smerit for established users.

I can't wait until we have several hundred sources and truely see if the merit system is going to work as intended. At the moment there's several high quality posts which aren't getting merited at all or if they are they are only recieving 1 or 2. But thats down to the amount of sources and how limited sMertis are currently.

This could give the impression that merit is hard to achieve but that's only because there isn't enough sMerit currently to give to everyone. When we get more users who are sources we shall see an increase in merit being given to high quality posts.
Gunny95

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:50:09 AM

Let's keep it friendly guys, remember there is a real person you are talking to when you reply to each other.

This is a forum for anyone who is interested in Bitcoin, if you want to talk about colours that is fine as long it is on-topic.

My interest in Bitcoin grew mostly because it is accessible to anyone all over the world, this might sound dull but I find it beautiful.

Now on-topic: I don't think it matters when the rank update gets implemented whether or not merit is taken into account, I think I had about 1 or 2 weeks left for Member status

If I want Merits, I will find a good subject to start a topic on that might help other users, I have experience in Mining so I could start a detailed topic with graphs and calculations

Respect each other and may we live the day our governments embrace Bitcoin

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:00:29 AM

anything else?

I don't usually like to quote the whole of a post I'm replying to but those fine examples of concise to the point posts deserve to be repeated. Excellent work on making #3 as well TMAN, it's good to see the effort some people are putting into making this successful.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hilariousetc
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3027

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:02:07 AM

How convenient. You're only making this case because you would have become a Full Member on the next update. What about everyone else who would have ranked up in a month's time etc? Looking at your post history you are the exact type of poster this system is meant to stop. No longer will you be able to lazily rank up with no effort one liners.

Great. Glad to hear it. Get making great posts and the quicker you'll get the merit to rank up.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:05:50 AM

How convenient. You're only making this case because you would have become a Full Member on the next update. What about everyone else who would have ranked up in a month's time etc? Looking at your post history you are the exact type of poster this system is meant to stop. No longer will you be able to lazily rank up with no effort one liners.

Great. Glad to hear it. Get making great posts and the quicker you'll get the merit to rank up.

Someone else who is blunt and to the point.

You other guys need to get with the program or leave the forum. If you leave you won't get any of the sig monies.. if you stay and don't adapt you will also lose out.. BUT if you stay and up your game, start adding value to the community then you will level up and get the chance to earn. Look at it as a positive not a negative, pretend the chances of earning start now and you just need to prove yourself to get on the list

TwitchySeal
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 2014

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:11:09 AM

Users that complain about Merits or Trust or Rank or whatever should just be snap added to the signature campaign blacklist for a long time.  Fuck them.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:34:26 AM

Users that complain about Merits or Trust or Rank or whatever should just be snap added to the signature campaign blacklist for a long time.  Fuck them.

I do like the idea, but.. everyone does have a right to speak out.

although the people who are spinning up multiple threads, kicking off against all the DT members who have negged them - well they should just be banned off the forum.