Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Governments let Bitcoins and Crypto World survive?  (Read 477 times)
nizamcc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:59:29 PM

"let" is a big word specially when you are talking about a decentralized network. it is like asking will they "let" the torrent network, the Tor network, .... and other peer to peer networks survive!

First of all, torrent is not used to make transactions or circulate values.
You must not forget the situations with kat.cr (kat.ph).

you see, when it comes to decentralization, nobody has a say in what the peers on that network should or shouldn't do. of course fighting crimes and illegal activities is a must, and by preventing things like bitcoin you don't fight crimes you just made yourself look like a fool.

Nothing's decentralized anymore as everything is coming under regulations or straight bans. If you will use, why are you into Bitcoins? Ask yourself.
You are buying or selling it just because you are interested in exchanging values and making profits (growing your capital). But, once you convert your Bitcoins to fiat, you convert your decentralized world to centralized, don't you?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:05:35 PM

It may be really tough for cryptocurrencies to survive it but many people seem to be against the idea of banning them. It looks like some governments are in favor of Bitcoin and try to encourage investors to invest in their country. In my opinion, it is a matter of time before people will understand that cryptocurrencies are needed. Unfortunately, some politicians don't understand the purpose of cryptocurrency and try to create some sort of digital money which would be similar to the current system.

severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:08:26 PM

Why should not they let the cryptocurrencies survive?
Regulations are possible, creating an ICO can be strictly reglemented. That lowers the riske of the people losing money.
A majority of the users are willing to pay taxes on their profit, this way cryptocurrencies even support the geovernment.
It all comes up to what people do with their coins.
Rakabel619

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:11:37 PM

Hello. I do not know what to say, if governments let the crypto world survive. In some states, bitcoin and other coins are not regulated by law, at the moment it seems to be a paradise to the crypto world, I hope that nothing changes

Ais08

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:18:39 PM

My question is, are these Governments even going to let Bitcoins and crypto survive?
They are cracking down on it by saying that it is illegal to trade things such as Bitcoins as it is a support to terrorism and money-laundering.
They are not understanding why it was created, but are coming up with baseless assumptions and even hurting people who are paying taxes too to these money-hungry people.
We are currently in the jeopardy of getting cryptocurrencies banned everywhere as if more and more countries join the list, the countries which are supporting it may also choose the same alternative.

Everyone hopes it will come true, but little by little the government starts to open up opportunities for people to use bitcoin, but every society can accept the risk of losing or not destroying the country's currency ...
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:27:38 PM

My question is, are these Governments even going to let Bitcoins and crypto survive?
They are cracking down on it by saying that it is illegal to trade things such as Bitcoins as it is a support to terrorism and money-laundering.
They are not understanding why it was created, but are coming up with baseless assumptions and even hurting people who are paying taxes too to these money-hungry people.
We are currently in the jeopardy of getting cryptocurrencies banned everywhere as if more and more countries join the list, the countries which are supporting it may also choose the same alternative.
That's why they are regulating bitcoins and the other cryptos, without a doubt people are using it for all the things that the governments are really talking about and through regulations, they have a chance to crack down on those who use bitcoins for such acts. Most major countries have already legalized bitcoins and it's more hope that they will not rescind the decision.
Andri.Ghani

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:32:36 PM

This is what happens until now that the government has not legalized bitcoin and will be a scourge for the user let alone bitcoin every country must comply with government regulations but somehow this goes even though it has no legitimate rights but its development is widespread and already many People enjoy the results of bitcoin Grin
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:41:41 PM

well, there is nothing we can really do about that. this is simply something that is obviously out of our hands. that is if we do not unite as one in defending the only chance that i think we have to finally be free from the binding chains of the current monetary system of the banks in the world that is clearly outdated. unless anyone  or any group of people stands firm with their decisions to side with the crypto world and really commit into fighting for what they truly believe in, i really do not think that we will ever be able to prevent something like this happening since banks and governments are too powerful to go against we ever fought it individually. that is pretty much what i think.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:51:22 PM

What ever may be the situation bitcoin will be here to stay,most of the governments are planning to implement some sort of regulation to restrict the illegal use of crypto currencies and they are not planning to ban this altogether ,billions are invested in this by huge investment firms and so it is really impossible for the government to vote against them when it comes to banning.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:47:53 AM

Everyone hopes it will come true, but little by little the government starts to open up opportunities for people to use bitcoin, but every society can accept the risk of losing or not destroying the country's currency ...

Even though some states still do not officially accept bitcoin as legal currency but still they are  not opposing their people to stop using bitcoin. In most of the state there still no low passed from their Parliament therefore their people are still free to use bitcoin and they do not have any restriction to use bitcoin. I think very soon state will take a decision about bitcoin usage in favour of their people.
etron

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:21:36 AM

which you say in some countries is true and for bitcoin users still question kelegalanya because here is very easy to launder money contraband illicit goods but for the advanced government would support the development of this era. as in my country bitcoin is being investigated by certain apparatus.
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:24:05 AM

in my opinion why government say crypto is illegal to trade or it can used by terrorist organization to fund their organization or even money-laundering. it's all because the can be control the flow money of bitcoin. not like bank bitcoin is decentralized and doesn't have physical agency that set the regulation. and levy taxes for users is almost impossible for government. so until government can solve that problem, there are still chance crypto world will not survive.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:25:58 AM

For me, yes the government will let bitcoin and other cryptocurrency survive because they already conduct and study on it, what will be the effect on their economy, etc. Also, some huge company and establishment are already accepting bitcoin as payment. But not all government sectors will let bitcoin to survive; there are some state that already bans bitcoin because of some reasons.  Smiley
bitspectacle

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:30:39 AM

Here is an idea: Get a few of your crypto rich friends together, buy an island, call it CryptoWorld. Then issue visas to the people who want to trade cryptocurrencies, so that they can visit your island and trade cryptocoins.

You just saved the Crypto World!  Cool
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:27:46 AM

"let" is a big word specially when you are talking about a decentralized network. it is like asking will they "let" the torrent network, the Tor network, .... and other peer to peer networks survive!

First of all, torrent is not used to make transactions or circulate values.
You must not forget the situations with kat.cr (kat.ph).

you see, when it comes to decentralization, nobody has a say in what the peers on that network should or shouldn't do. of course fighting crimes and illegal activities is a must, and by preventing things like bitcoin you don't fight crimes you just made yourself look like a fool.

Nothing's decentralized anymore as everything is coming under regulations or straight bans. If you will use, why are you into Bitcoins? Ask yourself.
You are buying or selling it just because you are interested in exchanging values and making profits (growing your capital). But, once you convert your Bitcoins to fiat, you convert your decentralized world to centralized, don't you?

hmmmm.... this had me thinking. since the internet can't be shut down as that would result in pandemonium, then in the event that they decide to declare a ban, could they do what they did to torrent sites on crypto? the government was able to pull the plug on torrent sites like tpb or kat.cr but would the same be possible with digital assets? i'm still positive that whether the government likes it or not, digital assets will still survive and thrive. i think that it's not something that the government can control...
Ailsa567

Activity: 41
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:38:09 AM

It turns out there is because some countries now accept bitcoin.
kitkat04

Activity: 51
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:57:39 AM

The government can do nothing about the bitcoin if all the users around the world speaks and show their support for the bitcoin. Most of the country around the world are democracy type of country. Bitcoin will noy be shaken even the government ban it around the world. There will be a new currency like the bitcoin will exist if the bitcoin will be ban by the government. They will also face the feelings and emotions of all bitcoin user around the world.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:47:32 PM

They have to do it and admit that Bitcoin is not a threat. Somebody is talking about the connection of BTC and terrorism, drugs and weapon. It is not true. Why do they forget about dollars that are paid for all this stuff in 99%? Too many people support Bitcoin and governments cannot go against millions.
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:37:35 AM

No one knows this answer. Maybe think about it. It's like grud in the handle. Black or red? only 1 of the options will win in the future!
antchains

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:41:41 AM

I think this is just the means by which they want to manipulate the cryptocurrencies, because as long as the price drops, they can control the market by buying more bitcoin, and by that time Bitcoin will only become a cryptocurrency for governments.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: