Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Request] Somebody please make a physical Garlicoin AND paper wallet  (Read 978 times)
Kmorae

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:31:49 AM

Howdy howdy everyone!

In case you missed my other thread with my posting, here is a link to the single-sided Garlicoin Coins preorder page. https://meme.shopping/products/single-sided-garlicoin-coin

I'll also love anyone who can either help explain or provide a link to some guides or whatever to figure out how to put material on there to make them cold storage. Ideally I'd like to provide resources to the Garlicoin Community at large so they can have some cold storage solutions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 295

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:35:33 PM

Howdy howdy everyone!

In case you missed my other thread with my posting, here is a link to the single-sided Garlicoin Coins preorder page. https://meme.shopping/products/single-sided-garlicoin-coin

I'll also love anyone who can either help explain or provide a link to some guides or whatever to figure out how to put material on there to make them cold storage. Ideally I'd like to provide resources to the Garlicoin Community at large so they can have some cold storage solutions.

Here is a handy link: https://www.coindesk.com/information/paper-wallet-tutorial/

I know member hybridsole has made some Garlicoin paper wallets. Worth contacting them for some help/pointers Cheesy

this is the site I used to make a paper wallet:

https://paperbag.brock.pw/
btmtb

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:08:13 PM

Nice job Salty.  I know how difficult and stressful what you're attempting to do can be.  Glad to see you're sticking with it!

....The little bit of texturing makes it feel less like a die struck coin, and more pirate treasurish .....
pic below:

I'm always really happy to see new things being created rather than just consumed, but you really had me at 'pirate treasure'.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:17:04 PM

I'm always really happy to see new things being created rather than just consumed, but you really had me at 'pirate treasure'.

I'm auctioning off the first three bars created here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887662.0

I don't really know that I can get the point across with pictures, but the texture in your hand is incredibly gratifying. I don't know how turning these into paperwallets with the hologram stickers will effect the hand feel, but I'd not be surprised in the slightest if a few people decided just to keep them for general handling. The day that I made these, I ended up keeping them in my hands for at least 8 hours.

I've also switched up my equipment a bit, mainly the vacuum pump I use to get the air bubbles out of the plaster when making the molds, but also additional finishing things. I'd imagine this will result it much smoother bars, but that may or may not be desirable so I'll be sure to adjust as I go. I'm also looking at laser engraving equipment so that I could engrave encrypted keypairs into things for people. My biggest issue with paper wallets is that they aren't flame resistant in the slightest. Silver should be pretty fire resistant, though when I reach that point I'll make sure for certain that there'd be no distortion to an engraved key if heated to ~1300 degrees from a house fire.

In addition, I'm pretty chemically inclined. I've got some acid distillation equipment that I use for making plating materials and various other useful lab materials. I've been playing around with the idea of a two part coin or medallion, the center in gold, the outer portion in silver, and then with the keypair section plated in rhodium. Of course I could mix it up with some exotic materials, but that'd require some additional research. I need a bit more equipment for my planned hydrogen torch for melting platinum group metals as well, but these are all things that are attainable. Of course I've got a handful of sapphires/emeralds and such laying around if something needs to get real blinggy. Maybe a 5 Kilogram Flavaflave Bitcoin medallion thats guaranteed to cause neck and back pain (kidding).

I've always really liked the concept of wearable private keys. Four fingered Charlie is the only one I've seen do it right though, and I'm not 100% certain I could replicate anything like that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: