Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:27:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin from ⚕ DNA ⚕  (Read 124 times)
Prometheu$ (OP)

Activity: 550
Merit: 170

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:41:41 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2018, 12:25:30 AM by Prometheu$

Graduate student microbiologist from Belgium Sander Wuyts received the first bitcoin from the DNA. To do this he had to solve a difficult puzzle

The story began three years ago, January 21 2015. Then, the scientist Nick Goldman of the European bioinformatics Institute came up with an unusual mystery.
In the framework of the world economic forum in Davos, he told everyone concerned about the new way of storing digital information directly in the DNA. As an example, he brought several flasks, each of which was encrypted single bitcoin then only costing about $200.

The first person to unravel the code that you received everything. And if three years ago the amount was quite small, by the end of 2017, one Bitcoin was worth under $20 thousand. Then the puzzle Goldman first learned of Wuyts.

He asked one of those present then on the forum flask and promised to decrypt the secret key. From December to January with a break for the Christmas holidays – every day he spent in the lab, until he finally found the answer.

Received bitcoin Wuyts is going to sell, and the most valuable asset he calls the experience of decoding DNA. Now Belgian scientists intend to do research in the field of information storage in biological media.

https://www.ebi.ac.uk/about/news/press-releases/belgian-phd-student-decodes-dna-wins-bitcoin
fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:08:33 PM

Thats fascinating I wonder if we would ever be able to store actual bitcoin in our bodies xD. Also, I find it quite bizarre and believe it or not there is also a puzzle from 2015 (Same year as this one hah) that is yet to be solved posted by Coin_Artist it contains 5 Bitcoin! https://twitter.com/coin_artist/status/583979278238359552 I'm betting it will get solved by the end of this year.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
Prometheu$ (OP)

Activity: 550
Merit: 170

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:34:19 AM

And here is the very document in which Sander describes the entire technology of "cracking" the DNA code together with his team "Encoding method", but microbiologists, I think, will be able to understand ...

And most interesting, do not forget to read Sander's blog
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: