Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know how to set up a PHP-enabled home webserver?  (Read 555 times)
Taras (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 08:34:05 PM

I'm having a real hard time doing so and I really, really don't want to settle for 000webhost.com or pay for it otherwise; simply because I need it to be on my own machine.

I'm currently using Hiawatha, and intend to switch if I can't get PHP on it. Is it possible?  Huh

Thanks in advance.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:52:21 PM

I'm having a real hard time doing so and I really, really don't want to settle for 000webhost.com or pay for it otherwise; simply because I need it to be on my own machine.

I'm currently using Hiawatha, and intend to switch if I can't get PHP on it. Is it possible?  Huh

Thanks in advance.

Look for a Linux distribution intended for LAMP, it should come with Apache, PHP, and MySQL all pre-configured.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:59:38 PM

If you use Windows then you can virtualize a Linux distribution like Ubuntu Server 12.04LTS with Virtualbox.
You could also use a Winlamp installer for Windows if you don't want to use Linux or Virtualbox: http://winlamp.sourceforge.net
If you need the webpage to be accessible outside your LAN then in your router you will need to forward port 80 to your computer: http://portforward.com/
If you only need access from your machine then typing 127.0.0.1 in your webrowser will do the trick.

My preferred solution would be a VPS or dedicated computer with Ubuntu Server 12.04LTS
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:01:40 PM

Mongoose PHP Bundle takes about 5 minutes to get working if you just need something to test with.  Not sure if it would work to run a full website.
Taras (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 02:39:00 AM

If you use Windows then you can virtualize a Linux distribution like Ubuntu Server 12.04LTS with Virtualbox.
You could also use a Winlamp installer for Windows if you don't want to use Linux or Virtualbox: http://winlamp.sourceforge.net
If you need the webpage to be accessible outside your LAN then in your router you will need to forward port 80 to your computer: http://portforward.com/
If you only need access from your machine then typing 127.0.0.1 in your webrowser will do the trick.

My preferred solution would be a VPS or dedicated computer with Ubuntu Server 12.04LTS
Winlamp is a gift from heaven. Thank youuu.  Grin
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:12:32 AM

Download WAMP and set it up. PLenty of tutorials on google.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:20:47 PM

Go for the latest ubuntu. Then go:
- sudo apt-get install tasksel
- sudo tasksel

then pick lamp server. Then all will be good. Have fun and remember to always use appropriate security measures.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
sampathneo

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:21:14 PM

install wamp(windows apache mysql php) or lamp(linux apache mysql php) to your desktop/laptop

then use dyndns or noip services if you do not have dedicated ip address
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: