Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:35:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Crowd Funding] Biological Computer Startup from Stanford's class competition  (Read 885 times)
alchimista (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

ars longa, vita brevis

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:24:27 PM

Antefact: i'm not involved in any way in this project, i just heard about it talking about open access around. I choose to spread the news, but please think for yourself before donating. I'm not giving any warranty.
Also, if you know about other project you can post them down here.

As you might have heard CoinBase announced that Stanford University was offering a startup course involving Bitcoin crowdfunding.
Now i would like to share with the community this open access biological computer crowdfunding project: Cytocomp.

Open Access article about Cytocomp project technology: http://journals.sfu.ca/rncsb/index.php/csbj/article/view/csbj.201304003
The project is run by Gerd HG Moe-Behrens, author of the article.

from the website:
CytoComp`s mission is to lead the global revolution in biological computing. By applying synthetic biology and nanobioelectronics, we engineer solutions to monitor and control biological systems.
We are developing a general purpose biological microprocessor. This microprocessor takes both a biological and electrical signal as input and output. Thus users can track input and output in the microprocessor via a smartphone interface.
The practical applications of such a device are many and mind blowing.
Eg in the case of a type 1 diabetic, it can automatically measure blood sugar and automatically produce insulin. The patient can get such a device implanted and do no longer need to take care of the disease. The progress can be monitored on a smartphone.
This crowd funding campaign is part of a competition organized by Stanford University / coursera. for details see Stanford University, Startup Engineering by Balaji S. Srinivasan, Vijay S. Pande. The startup which raises the largest amount of bitcoins and has the most shares on Twitter will win the competition. The winning project will get special support form Stanford University in form of prizes sponsored by Counsyl, Judicata, Leap Transit, and Coinbase. This will help to push the CytoComp project to the next level of success. Thus, please donate and tweet and retweet the project as much as possible.

"Ab tam tenui initio tantae opes sunt profligatae"
Vendo Bitcoin a mano a Pisa \ Firenze .:. Compro e Vendo Bitcoin postepay|sepa
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: