Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash BTC payouts declining past couple days?  (Read 792 times)
Olanaii

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:15:40 AM

I just moved off Nicehash and trying Zcash through Flypool. I wanted to get some Zcash anyways so think I'll mine it directly for a while.
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:07:05 AM

Im down by almost $20 a day on nicehash.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:42:24 AM

Over what period of time?  A day, a week, a month, a year?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
geekcryptogal (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:03:54 AM

Also what gear?
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:36:03 AM

I noticed the new version has been switching to less profitable coins.  I am trying to rebenchmark and turn off coins one by one but it continues to bounce to a coin with 60% of the max profit.  I may just turn all of them off except the main 3 or 4. 
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:44:57 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 12:23:13 PM by MagicSmoker

I noticed the new version has been switching to less profitable coins.  I am trying to rebenchmark and turn off coins one by one but it continues to bounce to a coin with 60% of the max profit.  I may just turn all of them off except the main 3 or 4.  

I'm just trying out NH in a head-to-head comparison against other multi-algo, auto-switching pools (currently comparing with MiningPoolHub) and I also noticed NH switching to, for example, "keccak" when that algo was only earning about half as much per day. I ended up disabling that algo, as well as all the dual-mining choices (because ASICs) and earnings seem to have stabilized.

HOWEVER, that leads me to a question germane to this thread (I hope): where can I find my total earnings? It seems that after NH does a payout the running total in the miner resets to 0 BTC - which is expected - but when I log in to my account I can't find any listing of payouts, earnings, etc... everything shows 0. Needless to say this is alarming, but I am assuming for now this is just the result of my unfamiliarity with NH, and not something nefarious (like, say, hackers stealing all the BTC... that would never happen, right?  Roll Eyes )

EDIT - nevermind, the balance just showed up in my NH wallet. I guess it takes 7+ hours to confirm. BTC is just about useless, isn't it?
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:12:27 PM

Yikes!

You guys are going to be really upset to learn about something in the mining world that we call ..... Difficulty

Read up on it. And no it's not whats written in the dictionary.
HaHa thats funny no one gets how mining woks
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:57:14 PM

I'm having the same decline...

my 1 1070 use to make me $5 a day

it struggles to make $3 a day

yet the store still wants $800 for a $300 card...

something is wrong....something is VERY wrong
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:05:13 PM

Nothing is wrong.. Nicehash is the marketplace.. get that! They need a person who will BUY your hashing power.. and if his/her highest bid is everyday lower.. you will get lower reward... easy as that...
You are not mining BTC or anyother coin on nicehash.. you are selling your hashing power to the highest bidder..

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
gotminer

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:34:30 PM

I'm having the same decline...

my 1 1070 use to make me $5 a day

it struggles to make $3 a day

yet the store still wants $800 for a $300 card...

something is wrong....something is VERY wrong

The MSRP of a 1070 was $379 at launch, not $300.  Retail for a 1070 is about $530 right now, not $800.  That's in USD.  Your numbers are off.  That or you are not shopping at the right stores.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:53:45 PM

Nothing is wrong.. Nicehash is the marketplace.. get that! They need a person who will BUY your hashing power.. and if his/her highest bid is everyday lower.. you will get lower reward... easy as that...
You are not mining BTC or anyother coin on nicehash.. you are selling your hashing power to the highest bidder..

Is this why NiceHash sometimes switches to algos that are clearly not the most profitable at the moment? For example, I am doing a comparison between it and Nemosminer on MiningPoolHub with both getting a single GTX 1080 and I just caught NH switching from Equihash - which was projected to earn $4.31 per day - to Nist5 - which caused projected daily earnings to plummet to $2.10. Based on what you wrote my theory is that there wasn't enough Nist5 hashpower available to fill outstanding contracts so miners got switched to the algo even though it wasn't even close to being the most profitable.

EVERYUSERNAMEISTAKEN

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:24:54 PM

Is this why NiceHash sometimes switches to algos that are clearly not the most profitable at the moment? For example, I am doing a comparison between it and Nemosminer on MiningPoolHub with both getting a single GTX 1080 and I just caught NH switching from Equihash - which was projected to earn $4.31 per day - to Nist5 - which caused projected daily earnings to plummet to $2.10. Based on what you wrote my theory is that there wasn't enough Nist5 hashpower available to fill outstanding contracts so miners got switched to the algo even though it wasn't even close to being the most profitable.

Yeah, pretty much. Basically someone bids for a small amount of NIST5 in your case, and NHML flings a bunch of computers to NIST5 to fill the order. Problem is, if you switched, you're competing with everyone else now. The NH system gets gamed like this by buyers fairly often. That's why I was saying limiting Nemos to just Neo/Equihash (usually) so you can enjoy the extra gaps of lowered difficulty when everyone leaves temporarily, while not having to "warm up" for Neo again.
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:37:33 PM

No, Nicehash switch algorithms TO the most profitable at the moment.. If you "benchmark" all algorithms in their program, it will be switching between all.. If you know which is the best or the most profitable algorithm for your GPU, go and uncheck the benchmarked algorithm there and the program won't be able to switch.

NH swithes if there is the better offer on Nist5 even if it last only for a 10 mins... It was the most profitable for 10 mins.. and thats why it changed..

Thats the stupides thing I have ever seen, because you are basicly losing time with switching every 10,20,30 mins...

Solution: Uncheck the all algorithms except the most profitable.

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
geekcryptogal (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:48:56 AM

Solution: Uncheck the all algorithms except the most profitable.

So does this just currently mean Neoscrypt or both Neoscrypt & Equihash?  THey are about equally profitable on Nicehash at them moment. Would it be better not to switch between just the two?
agente

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:38:46 AM

My Nicehash payouts past four days on rig with 5 x 1070 TI GPUs :

1/25 0.00173621 BTC
1/26 0.00171633 BTC
1/27 0.00153533 BTC
1/28 0.00145217 BTC

Does this make sense? Bitcoin payout has declined quite a bit the past couple days.

It's ok. dont worry Smiley
We will find GPU at normal prices soon.. very soon
BTC22

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:12:04 AM

So here's the "rumor" and it's more then that. Nicehash is shorting the price of bitcoin on purpose and skimming off the top to help pay back all the money that was stolen.
BTC22

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:13:12 AM

The last week.
gotminer

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:17:28 AM

So here's the "rumor" and it's more then that. Nicehash is shorting the price of bitcoin on purpose and skimming off the top to help pay back all the money that was stolen.

I have one of my rigs on NH and to be honest with you, I haven't seen any significant drop in my btc payout over the past week.  I check it every morning and transfer it to CB.  Sure the btc to fiat conversion is lower when btc is at 10000 as opposed to 11500, but the amount of btc I'm getting for that rig in a 24 hour period hasn't changed.

gotminer

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:19:57 AM

The last week.

You can't compare the fiat value.  You have to look at the btc payout. You also have to track the payout times.  Some days, are 26 hour days ... Some are 23 hour days.

BTC22

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:36:27 AM

The last week.

You can't compare the fiat value.  You have to look at the btc payout. You also have to track the payout times.  Some days, are 26 hour days ... Some are 23 hour days.

I keep track of that. I get paid at 5:30 AM every day. A week ago I was getting $35+ a day, since I'm barely breaking $20. Nothing has changed hardware wise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: