Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trying to mine garlic unable to use sgminer!  (Read 139 times)
radiocoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:27:12 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 08:40:52 PM by radiocoin

I have a AMD radeon 7900 series and I'm having difficulty setting up sgminer. it closes instantly on startup I can mine with my CPU no problem but at laughable hash rates. i was wondering if anyone else had these issues and is there a fix?

and another symptom is the miner .exe disappears after the first attempt to start it with getting the error "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"
radiocoin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:09:08 AM

i was able to get around the crash by not changing the permissions by windows but the settings on my antivirus. still i have the miner closing instantly on launch possibly due to a .bat error. does anyone have a good config for garlic on a non nvidea GPU? its sg miner im attempting to use for this.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:11:52 PM

Might want to add you have cgminer successfully running on that machine mining LTC, it seems to be sgminer and not your machine.

radiocoin (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:04:12 AM

ok with some effort i figured out how to mine my AMD setup.  I'm using a setup of sgminer called yakminer provided my the user guide of the garlic recipes website linked to the garlicpool help section. there are several provided but this is the one that worked for me. and  editing the minepool.bat file in this config for garlicpool.

@echo off

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

:loop
yacminer --nscrypt --nfmin 10 --nfmax 10 -o stratum+tcp://eu.stratum.garlicpool.org:3333 -u username.workername -p x -T -I 14
echo restart miner...
goto loop

good luck and hope this helps those who need it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: