Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The NO KYC For Bounty Hunters Promise Thread  (Read 780 times)
QlooQl (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 122

Hello World!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:07:14 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 04:14:23 PM by QlooQl
Merited by Ryan Dugan (5), rehydrogenated (4), Crypington (4), ecnalubma (1), eagle10 (1), zauna35 (1), JeremyB (1), Wingo (1), ajiejot (1), ICOCloud (1)

Everyone,

The purpose of this thread is to promote bounties that do not require KYC verification for bounty hunters.

This thread also provides an opportunity for bounty managers to post promises that their bounties will not require a surprise KYC at the end.

Surprise KYC requirements are increasingly being used as a way for projects to get out of paying bounty hunters. ICOs that lack integrity realize not all Bounty Hunters will do what is required to fulfill KYC requirements for one reason or another.

All Bounty Hunters have a Right to choose what projects they support, and the terms must be stated clearly at the start of the campaign!

Failure to make a statement on KYC requirements at the start of a bounty is an integrity violation. We as bounty hunters must learn to assume that campaigns that fail to make a statement regarding KYC are violating their Bounty Hunter's trust and should be avoided.

For many bounty hunters, it is not worth entrusting our most personal information to multiple projects in return for a small amount of coins or tokens. Identity theft related to KYC requirements is being discussed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2803976.0

Many more disagree with KYC because to them it defeats the original purpose of the blockchain - To create a decentralized, anonymous platform: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454795.0

Anecdotally, I have never seen any evidence that Bounty Hunters are indeed required by law to perform KYC validation. Nor from my own reading of the BSA and Title III of the USA PATRIOT Act can I see how Bounty Hunters could be included in KYC requirements. Bounty Hunters are neither investors nor customers.

Please post responses from moderators and devs who have said they will not require KYC for your favorite bounties and warn others of projects that did not clearly state KYC requirements on their Bounty ANN. You may also post horror stories of bounties you have lost because of KYC requirements that were not originally posted as being required of bounty hunters.

Let's support projects that are honest, and ensure they get the best of our time and energy!

Good luck my fellow Bounty Hunters!

I'm trying my best to get devs to respond directly in BCT. At the moment most of my fastest responses were over Telegram (Screen name: Bobby Dole).
No KYC RequiredOther RestrictionsProof
Valoremhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2382282.msg28705868#msg28705868
ChimaeraChimaera Andyadmin  Bobby Dole I have been participating in the bounty for months, will I be able to get tokens if I don't feel comfortable filling out he KYC? you can receive tokens for your bounty participation without KYC. coins*
TV-TWONo USPhilipp Schulzadmin  Bobby DoleHello, do you require KYC from bounty hunters? This is not planned.
AstorgameBobby Dole: Is there a KYC for this ICO? Or any restrictions? OSHAINE: Nope
Bitcloud BTXhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370964.msg29265986#msg29265986
DeepWaterhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2738272

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BazilOK

Activity: 226
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:17:14 PM
Merited by JuliaJi (2)

A good idea! It is also necessary to make a list of bounty managers who do not warn bounty hunters that at the end of the company there will be an KYC validation.
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:20:16 PM

totally agree with you and support your post!the requirement to provide personal documents,when the bounty is already over it's unwillingness to pay the people who honestly worked for a few months..most people hide personal information and course are not KYC,that is, people work for nothing..managers also need to warn us about such important conditions of the company and not to hide it!
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:42:09 PM

I agree with this one. It is very unfair for the bounty hunters who waited for months and worked for months just to promote a particular campaign and end up not getting anything. If they would do KYCs they should announce it at the start of the campaign.
QlooQl (OP)

Hello World!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:02:28 PM

Reserved

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ksistersblog007

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:29:36 PM

I totally agree with this thread. No more deceit on bounty hunting. lets be clear before we engage. Nice
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:33:21 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 06:39:34 AM by JeremyB

I can't agree more. It is an easy escape when it is time to pay bounty hunters.
I'm glad your open the subject on this and ask for transparency.
KYC comes to airdrop too. I'm refusing to give away personal information for that, same for bounties.
BackBachvsUp
Copper Member

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:08:32 AM

Wutt lol.
I even refuse to participate in any ICO that requires kyc and now they want bounty participants to do kyc?
Are they out of their mind?

One more, kyc is killing anonymity.
No way jose.
BM0ney

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:01:00 AM

Most campaigns have stipulated that they can change the rules during the campaign. So a KYC can appear at the end. What we can do is make a list of campaign managers who change the rules of the game and boycott their future campaigns
gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:37:47 AM

only one tweet and I'll go further, if you want, you can thanklessly thank me, the address is on my page on Twitter Cheesy https://twitter.com/Bill_Djons/status/957940602989105152
QlooQl (OP)

Hello World!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:13:47 PM

only one tweet and I'll go further, if you want, you can thanklessly thank me, the address is on my page on Twitter Cheesy https://twitter.com/Bill_Djons/status/957940602989105152

I really appreciate that!

The way everyone can help the most is by asking questions about KYC requirements at the start of any new campaigns and posting the links to responses from the bounty managers here.

queennathalia

Activity: 434
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:34:03 PM

I am agree to your opinion its because once they known our identification they easily detect where we are and some people with a bad habit can use our identity. If all bounty hunters need to fulfill the KYC form that is not decentralize zone. It is centralize its because they can control us or they can use our identification to another causes. They have many ideas to know people to proof if that is really him/her.
jttp

Activity: 179
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:39:26 PM

Thank you for mentioning TV-TWO!
Here is a link to our bounty thread that does not require KYC for bounty hunters: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2617590.0
QlooQl (OP)

Hello World!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:38:12 PM

Thank you for mentioning TV-TWO!
Here is a link to our bounty thread that does not require KYC for bounty hunters: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2617590.0

Thank you for taking the time to post here directly!

TV-TWO is decentralizing and disrupting TV, and their project is hitting its stride. They are also big on values.

TV-TWO is more than an application for Smart TVs.
TV-TWO is more than a token ecosystem for a decentralized TV industry.
TV-TWO is more than a team of young entrepreneurs from Berlin, Germany.
TV-TWO is a movement.
TV-TWO is a community of believers.

TV-TWO brings transparent transactions and crypto wallets into the living rooms around the globe.
TV-TWO positions itself at the forefront of society to establish the blockchain technology.
TV-TWO promotes transparency, equality, and fairness.
TV-TWO welcomes openness, disruption, and progress.
TV-TWO welcomes You.

BlackRock

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:38:11 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 03:08:07 AM by BlackRock

'BOUNTY' means free giveaway/reward/price and do not need KYC as no money/investment is involved by the bounty hunters

Requiring to submit basic info should be ok and not KYC docs.If some one is asking for KYC docs,they are finding excuse not to pay

Bounty Hunters are 'getting paid' and "Not Investing".KYC is for Investors as they are investing their funds

The forum should make a rule that the Tokens/coins or btc/eth equivalent  to the bounty rewards to be pledged with escrow before starting any bounty campaign.Only such bounty campaigns should be allowed/approved  to run by mods

crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:31:03 PM

I like your idea of this thread and i wounder why bounty hunters are subjected to this KYC??

Bounty Hunters are not Customers simple as that( we did not invest money in the project) dont even know why this should be the case now...if this is the case more investors will wait for coins from an exchange and not participate in ICOs!!
2xbit

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:07:16 PM
Merited by Ryan Dugan (1)

Total agree with author. Project often used KYC to manipulate token distribution. Many bounty participants don`t want to share private information with anybody or someone doesn`t have foreign passport. This is a big problem. Projects should notice that they will use KYC. KYC is not froud but if you don`t noticed people you are grifter.
QlooQl (OP)

Hello World!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:14:41 PM

Tradeplayz gets added to the list! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2825702.msg29200899#msg29200899

Avispeat

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:01:02 PM

This is very good post, sadly I don't have any merit to give you. But yeah why would we need to give our private information if we don't want to.ive heard that some bounties will ask you at the end for your info in order to get your coins. Hopefully not many of them do this.
DeepWater

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:19:03 AM

NO KYC For Bounty Hunters

Join us DeepWater Bounty

❍ DEEPWATER ❍❍ S Y S T E M S ❍
 DeepWater  Shipwreck Treasure Search
  Telegram    Facebook    linkedin      Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print