Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:17:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNCMiner REfusing refunds  (Read 9506 times)
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:15:37 PM

"Due to volatility they almost immediately liquidate the BTC at the price it was at when you paid for the device." - not my call what they do with their BTC and how can you be sure of your statement?

Because they use BitPay which automatically liquidates the bitcoins for them. BitPay allows merchants to sell stuff in bitcoins without exposing themselves to the volatility of the bitcoin price which could ruin their business.

"If BTC had crashed to $20 do you think they would give you the amount of BTC back you paid for? I'm certain you would feel ripped off if they did" - not really and still willing to take the risk if they refund me my full amount of BTC. Tomorrow it might fall to $20, right?

Don't be silly you can sell those bitcoins right away at market value. The hardware is priced in dollars not in bitcoins, you just happen to also be able to pay with bitcoins but the dollar price is the actual price and that's what you get in case of a refund.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brogramer

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:14:36 AM

I just got my refund today.  Right back to my paypal account.  I was order 65xx and there was no way in fuck I was getting my miner before november so fuck that noise.  They were VERY fast (I requested it sunday morning and they replied first thing monday morning swedish time). 
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:17:55 AM

"Due to volatility they almost immediately liquidate the BTC at the price it was at when you paid for the device." - not my call what they do with their BTC and how can you be sure of your statement?

Because they use BitPay which automatically liquidates the bitcoins for them. BitPay allows merchants to sell stuff in bitcoins without exposing themselves to the volatility of the bitcoin price which could ruin their business.

"If BTC had crashed to $20 do you think they would give you the amount of BTC back you paid for? I'm certain you would feel ripped off if they did" - not really and still willing to take the risk if they refund me my full amount of BTC. Tomorrow it might fall to $20, right?

Don't be silly you can sell those bitcoins right away at market value. The hardware is priced in dollars not in bitcoins, you just happen to also be able to pay with bitcoins but the dollar price is the actual price and that's what you get in case of a refund.

A lot of people need to realize that when they buy something priced in USD with BTC they are effectively "cashing out" unless of course they bought that BTC with USD at the time of purchase.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 03:59:15 AM

Full refunds in BTC are something you should not expect from any company.

Yifu gave refunds chip refunds in BTC, even though the terms of sale said "No refunds".  I don't know if there was much of a price difference at the time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: