Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BOUNTY: Bitcoins for prank calls!  (Read 5599 times)
ensign_lee (OP)

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 03:40:04 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2011, 11:51:47 PM by ensign_lee

Hey,

Some idiot kid on craigslist sold me an ATI 5850 that was bricked and now won't return my phone calls. Yay $150 paperweight. I'm looking to exact a little revenge by making his cellphone largely unusable.

I'd like to find a way to send his phone a text every 10 to 30 seconds or so continuously. Ideally, these would come from different sources over time so that he couldn't just block whatever email address / server / phone number was, but that's not necessarily a requirement.

Not really sure what kind of bounty to put on a project like this, so uh...tell me what you can do and how much you're looking for?

And of course, further ideas for revenge would be appreciated! Smiley

~~~~~

{edit: dacoinminster has come up with a great idea! Bitcoin bounty for recorded prank calls to the stupid scammer - title changed to reflect this}

.1 btc bounty - That's $1.40! Cheesy to anyone who prank calls this number 281-685-0510, records it, and shares it with us here in this thread.

Scammer's name is Shawn Martin. Bonus bitcoins for hilarious content! Try to make it at an inconvenient time. Wink He is in the Central Time Zone US (Chicago time zone) as a reference

Caller suggestions:
1) Use a heavy accent, then accuse him of racism if he claims he can't understand you.
2) Tell him he won a big prize, then make him do something ridiculous to claim the prize.
    a. "TV Show: All you have to do to claim your $1M is dig a 6 ft deep hole in your parents' lawn before they notice!"
    b. "Radio Show: All you have to do to claim your trip to Tahiti is convince your parents you are gay."
3) Pretend you are an investigating a crime, and he is the suspect
4) Pretend you are an angry gay man jealous of his flirting with your partner
5) Offer $100 payment if he completes your survey, then ask lots of embarrassing questions
6) The old classic: claim that he called you.
7) If you are a girl, or know one who can pull this off: "Shawn, I'm calling from the doctor's office. I'm pregnant!" (For best results, have her talk in a hoarse whisper because she has laryngitis)
8 ) Extra points if you get him to divulge his address (where should we send the check?)

1 btc bonus bounty if you can figure out his address!

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cc5alive

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 03:48:45 AM

You could offer a small bounty for everyone who sends a text to him like .01 BTC or something. Then people could take screen grabs of their Google Voice proof or pictures of their cell phones.  Just an idea.

Now accepting Bitcoin for the children's book "How to Keep Your Helicopter"
http://altanimus.com/product/how-to-keep-your-helicopter
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 08:45:22 AM

Some idiot kid on craigslist sold me an ATI 5850 that was bricked and now won't return my phone calls. Yay $150 paperweight.

how did you pay?  cash, or some other method?

And of course, further ideas for revenge would be appreciated! Smiley

well, if it was sold doa and there was no reason for you to think that it wouldn't be doa, then that is likely a fraudulent action.  you might be able to file a police report on that.

SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:47:13 AM

I could do this for you, but the spam would have to be sent  from a phone you own.

I say talk to the police about it. The method above could end up backfiring on you.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
ensign_lee (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 02:29:59 PM

I paid cahs, since it was craigslist. Nobody deals in anything but cash, plus I've never had a problem before. Imagine my surprise when I stick it into my machine and NOTHING turns on. :/

Talked to the police, they basically laughed at me. Sad times. So nobody knows of any email bombers or anything like that?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 02:54:19 PM

I paid cahs, since it was craigslist. Nobody deals in anything but cash, plus I've never had a problem before. Imagine my surprise when I stick it into my machine and NOTHING turns on. :/

Talked to the police, they basically laughed at me. Sad times. So nobody knows of any email bombers or anything like that?

Text messages? You are thinking too small!

Post his phone number, and have people record their voice calls with him. Pay a bounty for how long they can waste his time on the phone, with bonus BTC for being amusing!

I LOVE a good prank call, and I'm sure many people will donate a few dollars worth of BTC if this happens, assuming the OP is telling the truth and this guy deserves it.

As tempting as it is, I won't make any calls myself, since I am a pansy about breaking the law (recording calls w/o permission).

bustaballs

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 03:14:40 PM

Post his number on 4chan. That's real potential damage.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 03:20:48 PM

sms bomber?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:51:17 PM

Talk to the kid's parents?

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
ensign_lee (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 07:20:15 PM

Talk to the kid's parents?

Tried. Can't find 'em. I only have his cell, and can't find a phone number to associate with his folks.

I thought I could look up the name associated with his cellphone (presumably his parents), and then white page that name to get their cell or home phone. Alas, no such luck. I can't even get a definitive answer on what name the cell is registered under using various white pages.

Nousplatform Youtube     
dacoinminster
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 08:15:06 PM

Post the phone number and a bounty for recorded prank calls with him.

Come on, do it!

kookiekrak

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 08:38:28 PM

clamtxt.com

there you go, exactly what you need

oh and donations accepted at http://payb.tc/kookiekrak 

=D

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
ensign_lee (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 09:23:32 PM

clamtxt.com

there you go, exactly what you need

oh and donations accepted at http://payb.tc/kookiekrak  

=D

Thanks, but this part kills it. :/ "We have many measures added to our service to keep it fully legal, such as automatically stopping the texts if the user replies with 'stop' or similar phrases. "

I appreciate your help though! Smiley How did you find that site?

Nousplatform Youtube     
ensign_lee (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 09:25:49 PM

Post the phone number and a bounty for recorded prank calls with him.

Come on, do it!

Haha okay. As you wish

.1 btc bounty - That's $1.40! Cheesy to anyone who prank calls this number 281-685-0510, records it, and shares it with us here in this thread.

Scammer's name is Shawn Martin. Bonus bitcoins for hilarious content! Try to make it at an inconvenient time. Wink

Nousplatform Youtube     
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 09:58:42 PM

2:00 AM phone call, here we come.  Smiley

What's the scammer's timezone?
dacoinminster
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 10:16:11 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2011, 10:37:02 PM by dacoinminster

Haha okay. As you wish

Scammer's name is Shawn Martin. Bonus bitcoins for hilarious content! Try to make it at an inconvenient time. Wink

Yes!

OP Suggestion: Rename this thread something like: [BOUNTY] Bitcoins for prank calls

Caller suggestions:
1) Use a heavy accent, then accuse him of racism if he claims he can't understand you.
2) Tell him he won a big prize, then make him do something ridiculous to claim the prize.
    a. "TV Show: All you have to do to claim your $1M is dig a 6 ft deep hole in your parents' lawn before they notice!"
    b. "Radio Show: All you have to do to claim your trip to Tahiti is convince your parents you are gay."
5) Offer $100 payment if he completes your survey, then ask lots of embarrassing questions
7) If you are a girl, or know one who can pull this off: "Shawn, I'm calling from the doctor's office. I'm pregnant!" (For best results, have her talk in a hoarse whisper because she has laryngitis)
8 ) Extra points if you get him to divulge his address (where should we send the check?)

drawoc

Activity: 168

Firstbits: 175wn

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:22:41 PM

You can send texts for free with email gateways:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_carriers_providing_SMS_transit

Donate: 175WNXmJ1WVhFgVGKUqEhYtAQGRYAvqPA
ensign_lee (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:40:06 PM

You can send texts for free with email gateways:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_carriers_providing_SMS_transit

yeah, but I don't necessarily want to spend my time sending 1000 separate emails is the problem. :/

Nousplatform Youtube     
ensign_lee (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:42:09 PM

Haha okay. As you wish

Yes!

OP Suggestion: Rename this thread something like: [BOUNTY] Bitcoins for prank calls

Caller suggestions:

Genius!!! If someone gets #8, 1 btc bounty!!!!

Nousplatform Youtube     
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 11:23:53 PM

Also, added bonus if you can somehow reenact "The Murder Scene Call on the Bob and Tom show"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkdoogjic4I
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: