Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I AGREE - Stop the scammers, multiple accounts etc..  (Read 188 times)
justatrader (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 8

My old account was compromised - Can't get it back

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:32:57 AM
Merited by Gatorelf (1)

Ok, I'll start off by saying I do see the method in the madness here with the new ranking rules.. BUT..

As an older user of bitcointalk that had an account compromised with no btc address or signed accounts, I agree with the "Merit" System for ranking. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0)

There are users and profiteers that hold several accounts in order to get AirDrops in order to resell (and for no other reason at all.. It totally pisses me off).

I've had to claw my way back to this Jr Member status which IS my one-and-only account in bitcointalk.

How about we regulate and report those posting to buy Sr Member accounts in order to scam. I feel that these profiteers have really screwed the system that we all know and love. Perhaps a section JUST for Air Drops with more strict moderation?

Next we will start seeing people offering Merits for sale? I don't know.. Anyway. It's always a few bad apples that spoil the bunch.

I'd hate to sound like a YouTube Vlog  - BUT

"If you like the topic, please send a "Merit" and you'll be given (lets say something like Amazon Gift card etc etc.. or a Ferrari perhaps"

You get my Jist.. Any ideas how to stop multiple accounts I think is worthwhile.. Maybe 2FA or something along those lines.. VPN's are pretty futile as anyone can have expressVpn or others to open mulitiple accounts.. I'm just pulling at straws here..

Cheers
Paul

Looking to sell the domain or business partners
- BTC Escrow business opportunity (http://www.btcescrow.com)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 02:29:47 AM

Anyone offering merit for sale should be tagged. It is equivalent to buying reputation/trust.

justatrader (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 05:44:41 AM

Anyone offering merit for sale should be tagged. It is equivalent to buying reputation/trust.

It is indeed and those that do it should be banned. As you can see, what it will come to will be a merit selling scheme which sucks..

Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:54:45 AM

Merit make the people who joining in bitcoin make post high quality. Anyone will compete to get merit because they rank will not increase if the merit not reach needed. So, always post the high quality guys  Wink
Ria Sakurai

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:03:49 AM

Remember that i saw this thread before. are you trying to post same thing in order to get some merit.
justatrader (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 02:23:11 AM

Remember that i saw this thread before. are you trying to post same thing in order to get some merit.

Not at all.

I haven't posted this anywhere else.

Cheers'
Paul

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: