Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:43:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with GPU miners  (Read 738 times)
FotG (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 04:20:15 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2011, 04:46:09 AM by FotG

So far I have tried GUI miner, and phoenix with phatk kernel, I also tried some java based one but forgot what its called. I always run into a problem where I get either a white screen or a white screen with columns (http://i55.tinypic.com/24vqiw1.png) and the system freezes. This however does not happen when I am mining on only one card. I have a 5850 and a 5830. I have tried both with crossfire enabled and disabled. The crashes are a little worse with crossfire disabled (sound stops playing). Neither of the cards are overclocked. And I can use both of them with folding at home for weeks on end with no problem. Temperatures stay below 82C on the 5850 and stay around 70C on the 5830. What could be going wrong?

My system: 5850
                stream 2.4
                video driver 11.6
                Windows 7 ultimate x64 sp1
                850 watt psu
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noyvpom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:11:40 AM

I was getting similar problems with one card. It turned out it was the PSU, although your PSU 800W should be plenty. Maybe check if your PUS has multiple 12v lines your not using all the same one?

Try cgminer, I have found it to be the one I like most. you can set it up to automatically  adjust core speeds / fan speeds to stop it going over temperature etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: