Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:09:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WU Coin(1st Cryptocurrency that Can buy your daily necessities SOLID PRICE)  (Read 254 times)
ametwaly (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:05:27 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 07:00:34 AM by ametwaly

WU Coin

Price Volatility and market swings

We all know as a crypto community that starting a currency the opposite way takes years to develop a business adoption. So, I decided to start differently. I have had a couple of months of great experience trading in Cryptos for the past year and researched the idea that I'm presenting to you guys today extensively.

Back to the topic

What is WU Coin?

WU Coin is a proposed cryptocurrency to a Higher Educational Institution at Wichita, Kansas (Wichita State University: Go Shockers!). As of this moment, there is a very close idea to that of cryptocurrencies implemented and its called Shocker Dollars. The WU Coin gives a lot of advantages over the Shocker Dollar, and the proposal is in front of the school, and they're looking at implementing it.

Is WU Coin released?

The answer is no, but that's for a reason. As we all know the core idea behind any currency and the business model are the most important parts in producing a successful cryptocurrency. When it comes to writing white papers and code that's the easiest part w/o the right funding and the proper team and good mindset.

What makes me think that WU Coin can be adopted by Wichita State University?

Here is a list of all the benefits that WU Coin can offer VS the currently implemented campus payment system called Shocker Dollars:

1. Transfer of WU Coin(s) between peers (Students or Individuals)

2. Utilizing the lightning speed of cryptocurrencies transactions

3. Eliminating third parties for International WSU students; either through the school accepting WU Coin(s) as a form of payment for tuition and fees, or students getting transfers from their families when they buy the coin on cryptocurrency exchanges. Depending on the underlying technology when it comes to the execution phase of project, transaction times can vary from 3 seconds to 2 minutes (So, no more three business days for bank wires)

4. WU Coin(s) unlike Shocker dollars won't have an expiration date. Meaning you can store it spend it or transfer it to peers.

5. Campus businesses get a recurring form of payment; meaning they get 1 WU Coin today and its worth 1 USD as the price grows the value in their wallet grows.

6. Students can pay for different WSU services && goods using the WU coin

7. Exclusive rights for students to buy the coin through the university at a lower price than the outside market. Therefore, attract more students that are interested in cryptocurrencies and the technology

8. WSU pre-mines 1,000,000,000 WU Coins x 1$ price = 1 Billion $ that can be divided on reserve, development, and distribution. More coins can be created as the demand increase

Worst case scenario, currency fails we reimburse students for their coins and reuse the Shocker Dollars (Very Unlikely)

Things go great, WSU gets to grow its endowment exponentially in a short period.

What are the different campus channels that would form the real-world value for the WU Coin?

Let me start with this first, we all know that it all boils down to this fact, at the end if any of the cryptocurrencies were involved in those main five areas we wouldn't see that much price volatility:
1. Food
2. Water
3. Energy
4. Transportations
5. Medicine/healthcare
6. Leisure (But I choose to set this aside as it's not as important as the rest of the previous points)

So the next question would be

How is WU Coin different according to this perspective?

WU Coin will be right from the START accepted in multiple campus channels that Shocker Dollars are already accepted in

1. Shocker Dinner (PHASE 1)
2. Rhatigan Student Center Fast food chains (PHASE 1)
3. WSU Bookstore (PHASE 1)

Other Channels that WU Coin can be accepted at:
4. WSU psychology clinic ( Will actually get the clinic more patients as its more affordable than any other clinic around town) (PHASE 1)
5. WSU clinic and health services (PHASE 1)
6. WSU printing services (3D and paper) (PHASE 1)
7. Shocker Basketball matches (Checkout what Mark Cuban is trying to do with Dallas Mavericks) (PHASE 1)
8. Can act as a form of payment for employees compensation Smart Contracts?(PHASE 2)
9. Can be accepted as tuition and fees by the WSU, or students' parents can buy WU Coin on outside exchanges and send it to their son/daughter in the matter of seconds/minutes(Very useful for international students due to the long days the normal bank wires take, imagine comparing 3-5 seconds to 3-5 Days?!?) (PHASE 3)

What is the underlying technology for WU Coin (Blockchain or Ripple type of model or ....etc.)?

As of right now, my main focus is to get wide public demand and acceptance for the proposal. I have had a chance to work on an altcoin project and successfully compiled it as an Undergraduate SW Engineer. So, neither do I claim a definite, precise implementation for the project nor absolute expertise in Cryptocurrencies, but I do have a strong knowledge of Stock markets and Cryptocurrency trading and as an intern who worked on Software Engineering projects for 3 years I have deep knowledge of the coding and concepts of most of the current altcoins.

What is the reason for leaving the method for implementation blank?

To give the school and me the chance to research that part more deeply with a team of developers that will get recruited/contracted w/o when it comes to execution. Cause I personally believe from a research perspective that when it comes to implementation, a team of SW Engineers can execute the project perfectly. At that point, we can decide whether to fork an existing open source currency, have a side chain currency from ETH or develop our own new hybrid monster.

I'm open to any suggestions or questions. Visit facebook.com/ShockerDK as it's our main news page for the project. Things are moving in a very positive direction, and everybody on campus is talking about it as I tried my best to provide the simplest explanation possible for the (FUNDAMENTAL/CORE/MAIN) concepts in blockchain based cryptocurrency for students and faculty through a YouTube Video and our FB page. Also, worthy to mention will have a couple of informational tables on campus soon besides emailing all the EECS faculty members to request 5 minutes in the beginning/end of their classes to pitch the idea and give live explanation/demonstration for the blockchain and the benefits of WU Coin VS Shocker Dollars. + Presenting in front of the Student Government Association next week to get the Senates on the same page and address some concerns I had regarding (1) Tuition increase (2) Minimum GPA increase. If you followed up with the post on the potential in the currency, you'll get the reason behind the concerns.

Here is a list of things to look at that I might have missed while publishing this post initially:

Take a look at the YouTube Videos:

VIDEO 1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3KhNiLpyqM

VIDEO 2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUltdHPskTE

VIDEO 3: Explaining the business model in details and how the stable price would be guaranteed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8RRHm2gaw

VIDEO 4: FOR ADVERTISING THE IDEA TO GET PUBLIC ACCEPTANCE( We all know what we face when we bring up anything crypto related to public audience)
               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc78iAFmpjY

CHECKOUT THE SLIDES FOR THE PROPOSAL ON ONE OF THE POSTS ON Shocker Development Kickstarter's FB page

Shocker Development Kick-starter: A student organization for computer programming and yes things weren't very active recently as the interest for such student organizations is not as high
https://www.facebook.com/pg/ShockerDK/posts/

And again open to questions and will try to reply as fast as possible to whatever my upcoming weeks' schedule allows me.

Thanks and HODL &&/or Bot LOL Until WU Coin is out to the light Grin

NOTES:

Just for the great members who will try to claim that its a scam or that I don't know what I'm talking about:

1. I chose not to add too many pictures in this post just to keep it simple as I believe that actions are more important than words/pictures/memes (DogeCoin? LOL)

2. I chose with my total consciousness not to engage in a lot of conversations on Bitcointalks willingly and not because I didn't know about it!

3. My English isn't the greatest, but I'm working on it, and this isn't a show battle for the best post with the most number of unused or absurd technical terms (Keep it simple keep it moving)

4. I came across campus coin, but my business model was totally different than their coin, and their project doesn't have any commits since they launched yet they're still sitting @ 1 cent with no partnerships and website that says under development on most pages

5. No, it's not a one-person show. I believe delivering the idea is more important and then the team isn't hard to put together with the proper mindset

6. I patented the Idea Under the name (Blockchain Based Payment System for Educational Institutions) and I believe that to be 100% fair to me, the crypto community and the school as I will let them implement it for free as a form of payback for all the knowledge I was taught there that brought me closer to this idea. One of the reasons why I also did this, is that I have my own opinions that it's enough of this Ivy League schools reputation and its time to make a major shift in the Higher Educational Sector in the US. Same as what's happening with the altcoins and the major redistribution of wealth that we are seeing.

7. Not trying to be passive aggressive, just trying to avoid a lot of discussions that would divert from the main constructive discussion that I'm seeking.

I'm very transparent and in return would love to hear honest, objective feedback, anything implementation related would be a suggestion at this point and will factor that into consideration.

RasenShuriken

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:55:08 PM

Is this the first time a cryptocurrency that starts off with real-world use cases? I don't think so. So if your crypto has 100% use in the real-world, then if I want to buy your coin, I'm gonna leave my home and go to your country just for buying your crypto.  Roll Eyes
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:07:11 PM

The title makes this article useless. Their are too many legit projects out there that is slowly developing their project for "Real-world use cases". And you would overtake their spot that fast? They are running their projects for about a year or more running betas and you'd still get ahead of them? A big NO. Please don't make fun of the community.
Ricsung

Activity: 260
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:15:23 PM

When the WU Coin in university campus I feel is the easy, the hard part is extending outward development
ametwaly (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:33:31 PM

Is this the first time a cryptocurrency that starts off with real-world use cases? I don't think so. So if your crypto has 100% use in the real-world, then if I want to buy your coin, I'm going to leave my home and go to your country just for buying your crypto.  Roll Eyes

And that is my friend is false argument definition of a real-world use at the end of the day boils down to the main 5 areas: 1. Food 2. Water 3. Power 4. Transportation and 5. Medicine/healthcare. All other cryptocurrencies either started in one or 2. Regardless of the partnerships, they start with, if it's not in any of these main 5 areas, we see a lot of volatility example XRP, XLM, Tron, XVG, QSP, SC, ETN and more and more. Einstein has a quote that says "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different" Outcome.  I'm recording a video to answer you on YouTube and I encourage you to get from behind your keyboard and record a video answer. Your second point is also wrong, as the coin will be added to multiple exchanges outside and the student will have exclusive rights to BUY it at the discounted price from the school, which in return would guarantee a stable price as long as the supply is controlled by the WSU. You can buy it as an individual from any exchange that we will be added to. While you're sitting and throwing nonlogical claims I was out today talking to students on campus and 95% of them would like to see WU Coin becoming a real thing. You don't know the demographics of the Midwest (Kansas), but I already talked to multiple business owners and they said that If the WSU funds the project they're all in to accept WU Coin as a payment method from customers. I believe that answers your questions and I encourage you as a computer scientist to read between the lines cause that's one of the reasons why I didn't include any pictures to keep the reader from getting distracted. Thank you and I'm happy to answer any other valid concerns you have. And if that's all, then this means I'm in the right direction.  Grin
ametwaly (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:42:02 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 02:55:37 AM by ametwaly

The title makes this article useless. Their are too many legit projects out there that is slowly developing their project for "Real-world use cases". And you would overtake their spot that fast? They are running their projects for about a year or more running betas and you'd still get ahead of them? A big NO. Please don't make fun of the community.

No intention to make any fun of the community. If I was joking around I wouldn't risk being in videos talking about the project and going into classes, hallways, hangouts and public places talking about it to everybody. I got 95 % of the people I talked to convinced about WU Coin and they all want it to be a thing as they see a lot of benefits in such a system that will at least serve as a better alternative than Shocker Dollars. And I disagree with you about your point regarding betas and releases, achieving success is really easy, but maintaining it is the hardest part. There is no way WU Coin is not going to get accepted in local businesses in the very early steps of it as a cryptocurrency I already talked to multiple local businesses, some of them are tech startups that offer services without mentioning names. and they are willing to accept WU Coin if the business model is to be piloted by the WSU. I guess I answered your point fully. I will also, add a live reply to your argument on my video that I will shoot it sometime tonight. If you have any more points please be on point in your claims and have valid logical sound arguments that every Computer Scientist should have in order to be able to critique ideas involving code and tech. Also, you've given very little information about your background so that leaves me no other choice but to assume that you are a member with a lot of posts and engagement, and if 90% of posts are based on the same logic, then anybody that's reading this will get my point. Thank you  
ametwaly (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:49:20 PM

When the WU Coin in university campus I feel is the easy, the hard part is extending outward development

That is very true, but I already talked to local MSBs and they are willing to start accepting WU Coin If the WSU acts as a pilot for the project. Ripple is a big example, Ripple labs are backed up by MIT and that creates a strong pillar for people's trust in Ripple yet they're not involved as much in any of the 5 areas I mentioned earlier. Cause at the end of the day if you're hungry you're not going to eat a Ripple, and if you're sick you can't buy medicine with Ripple (I'm talking about the easiest way not trying to liquidate to USD). WU Coin is going to be different in that aspect were its going to get wide public acceptance locally as of people's trust in Wichita State University, then extending beyond the state borders isn't hard if there is a lot of news about the first cryptocurrency that Is implemented by a school and acts as a payment system and widely accepted by local businesses. Get my point! I believe I answered your question and than you for replying with a positive objective valid point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: