Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCT is now a "Government", mod and legend are all Cabinet !  (Read 478 times)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:52:35 AM

The admins of this forum have all the right to change the rules in this forum. They also have all the right to assign anyone they want to be moderators and staff. The admins use their best judgement on all their moves in this forum and they do that for the advancement of this forum. If you have any suggestion send it to them and let them have a look and study. But for now lets embrace this merit system and see how it goes. This is just new, not even a month implemented for us to judge that its not good. Its either you are part of the solution or you are part of the problem.

I think the sentiment here is that people are disappointed at the management capability of the admins, including their way of communicating the inevitable pain in such process. For sure this is a private forum and admin can do whatever they want. They started building this community from 2010 and they have every right to destroy it. The truth is that people can vote with their feet and if the system is bad enough, another forum will replace bitcointalk.org. Then merit or level on BTT won't mean anything.

Governments tries to ban bitcoin but they can't, even those are their (sort of) private countries and the rulers can do whatever they want. Deploying a new Trumpester system to see how it goes, being completely ignorant and insensitive of how most people feels, while every single hero/legendary members in this thread has some signature campaigns going on, is irresponsible, incompetent, and is a bad sign for the forum.

Everything has its time in history. Even bitcoin might eventually die to give place for maybe a better designed value system. Now could be the ending of the beginning or BTT, but it could also be the beginning of its ending.

Way back 2010 this forum doesn't have this Merit system because everything is still running smooth, but eventually things get out of hand as there's a lot users who wants to register in this forum and they want a lot of account to control so they can join campaigns and because of that quality of posts suffered because most of them are just posting just to meet the dead line and not because they want to join a healthy discussion or share their knowledge about the topic. Way back 2010, I guess its not even an issue, but now it is. And the answer of BCT is you don't rank up if post quality is not good based on the merits awarded to the user who posted. We don't want the admins of BCT to just say, lets re-start all over again, new forum and implement the merit system. Lets give the merit system a try.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverleew1

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Begone junkers!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:10:02 AM

The admins of this forum have all the right to change the rules in this forum. They also have all the right to assign anyone they want to be moderators and staff. The admins use their best judgement on all their moves in this forum and they do that for the advancement of this forum. If you have any suggestion send it to them and let them have a look and study. But for now lets embrace this merit system and see how it goes. This is just new, not even a month implemented for us to judge that its not good. Its either you are part of the solution or you are part of the problem.

I think the sentiment here is that people are disappointed at the management capability of the admins, including their way of communicating the inevitable pain in such process. For sure this is a private forum and admin can do whatever they want. They started building this community from 2010 and they have every right to destroy it. The truth is that people can vote with their feet and if the system is bad enough, another forum will replace bitcointalk.org. Then merit or level on BTT won't mean anything.

Governments tries to ban bitcoin but they can't, even those are their (sort of) private countries and the rulers can do whatever they want. Deploying a new Trumpester system to see how it goes, being completely ignorant and insensitive of how most people feels, while every single hero/legendary members in this thread has some signature campaigns going on, is irresponsible, incompetent, and is a bad sign for the forum.

Everything has its time in history. Even bitcoin might eventually die to give place for maybe a better designed value system. Now could be the ending of the beginning or BTT, but it could also be the beginning of its ending.

Way back 2010 this forum doesn't have this Merit system because everything is still running smooth, but eventually things get out of hand as there's a lot users who wants to register in this forum and they want a lot of account to control so they can join campaigns and because of that quality of posts suffered because most of them are just posting just to meet the dead line and not because they want to join a healthy discussion or share their knowledge about the topic. Way back 2010, I guess its not even an issue, but now it is. And the answer of BCT is you don't rank up if post quality is not good based on the merits awarded to the user who posted. We don't want the admins of BCT to just say, lets re-start all over again, new forum and implement the merit system. Lets give the merit system a try.
They don't have to restart all over again...
At least can they hear this out? :3
The problem is a suggestion from us is 99% being ignored and only 0.9% chance that your suggestion will reach them. 0.1% they agree with it. Take example this threads that I make Suggestion 1 and Suggestion 2
Those both suggestions is posted when I was a NEWBIE! You can check the date :3.
Oh wait! You are already legendary/hero.. Yeah of course then :3.

Okay how about this simple suggestions.. All ranked perished to Newbie again and start from 0 again?
Or at least demoted one rank to All legendary and Hero members or all the ranks so they must earn the title by the merits they should have?
With that.. I think the fairness and the chaos will become clearer :3.
What will happened by this merit system is..
- Farmer will become rich for the opportunity that has been given to them.
Selling merits is easy as shit!
- DTs gonna be ruined by this system and farmer can overwhelm it by giving merits wrongly but intentionally..
- OP's Gonna flooded on all thread sections, especially the region section! Actually my region is already a shit poster place! (of course not all of them)
- FINALLY! IF what I suggested before happened then..
ALL OF YOU WILL NAGGING HERE!! LMFAOOS!
ttm2018

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:32:03 AM

of cause the forum is not a cryptography libertarian forum anymore, and the admins have little experience on how to govern the "real world". In real world, such a change would have to go through a public discussion first, then test it in some boards or some sub-demographic, before considering a full-blown change.

the crypto world has changed and for sure it won't go back to 2010. i don't think most people come here now to make money. still more come here for the dream of discentralization, of freedom --- only to find that the power here is so centralized. The spirit of freedom is absolutely more important than having quality post.

also maybe only 2% of the posts mentioned that the merit system might be temporary. most posts says:
- the merit system is good
- don't whine

this makes me question whether the admins are the same group of people back in 2010

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:35:53 AM

Bitcointalk is a dictatorship deal with it - It is owned by 1 person, no ruling body, no elections.. guess why? because its not a fucking country its a business.

People moaning as if they are living under the Asad regime are retarded. Theymos built a place for people to discuss Bitcoin and socialize with other people who have the same hobby, I am sure he didn't intend this place to end up in a shitposting cesspool of people who barely have a grasp of the English language, people who feel they are entitled to earn on signature campaigns and bounties.

Get stuff in perspective, go out for a walk and breathe some fresh air, if you are still unhappy do not come back here. its really that simple

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
ttm2018

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:53:39 AM

Bitcointalk is a dictatorship deal with it - It is owned by 1 person, no ruling body, no elections.. guess why? because its not a fucking country its a business.

People moaning as if they are living under the Asad regime are retarded. Theymos built a place for people to discuss Bitcoin and socialize with other people who have the same hobby, I am sure he didn't intend this place to end up in a shitposting cesspool of people who barely have a grasp of the English language, people who feel they are entitled to earn on signature campaigns and bounties.

Get stuff in perspective, go out for a walk and breathe some fresh air, if you are still unhappy do not come back here. its really that simple

funny, you are becoming the poster child of why the merit system is bad

you make me realized that besides shitposters and spammers, there is another problem the forum needs to solve -- people like you.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:10:17 AM

funny, you are becoming the poster child of why the merit system is bad

you make me realized that besides shitposters and spammers, there is another problem the forum needs to solve -- people like you.

what exactly is so bad about me fella? the fact that I am trying to encourage people to embrace the system? the fact that I am in the top 5 merit givers and receivers? or the fact that I am a hero member and you are envious?

Do tell me as I am dying to hear this justification.. or could it be that you are an alt of someone else who has been tagged by DT or has been called a shitposter or account farmer?

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:15:59 PM

Bitcointalk is a dictatorship deal with it

theymos would disagree with you

and to the guy posting the issue is the low quality of posts its not about people abusing accounts its about crypto going mainstream which you can't stop.This board is and will get flooded with noobs and you can't stop it.Each messageboard which has great value and which raises quickly comes to a point where noobs start flooding since they try to get the best information which is currently on BCT but this also means the
low quality posts will increase heavily which you can't stop since you won't be able to educate them all so quickly.You just need to understand it.
There are only 2 ways.Close the registration for new accounts or accept that crypto is going mainstream and go on.
But banning innocent accounts which abusiv actions won't bring any solution it will only make that more and more seniors who actually create the quality content will leave that board
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:00:36 PM

I don't get why people think this forum is a decentralized forum just because it is a "bitcoin" related forum. Your logic is like, this is bitcoin forum, bitcoin = decentralized system, so this forum should be a decentralized place too.
This forum is owned by someone and he/she give us space to talk and making something in this forum, not to take down this forum or whatsoever.
He/she can and have 100% power to do whatever he/she want for this forum, like making a system like activity point, merit point, etc. We are here as a stranger or newcomer, why do you protest so much and not knowing your place?
Imagine if you have a house, then you make a party in that house, all people from your neighborhood will come to your house, drink and eat, you re giving people time and something to make on your house (talking, business, etc), then after some time, you decide to end the party, but all people from your neighborhood decided still want to party at your house and fight you back, do you think it is fine? nope, I am 100% sure that you will use your power and authority to stop the party by any means.
Or if you want something more decentralized thing related to bitcoin and to apply bitcoin=decentralized system logic, then ill make one
That is your bitcoin wallet, bitcoin = decentralized system, so your bitcoin wallet should be decentralized and can be accessed by other people
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: