Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:13:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spectrecoin [XSPEC] - Promising and undervalued privacy coin  (Read 487 times)
BitcoinSkull

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:59:15 PM

Current price level is extremely cheap imho. If you are not yet in, I would recommend to buy or if you already bought higher you should average down now.

I think stealth staking feature will kick this coin at least x10.

If they pull this off I agree, 10x easy.
I don't have faith in them pulling it off, think about it, if you wanted people to invest in your product, you would provide all information possible to make it happen, they're providing nothing but "It's coming"

If I had even the slightest solution to stealth staking I would provide info knowing the outcome will be very positive for my product.

You're wrong, and here's why: Its a team of two people. If you don't want to invest in the project because you don't think its possible, thats one thing. However, saying that if you "had the slightest solution to stealth staking you would provide info" is a horrible idea with a small team. So lets get this straight. You basically want a team of TWO developers, only one of which who is mainly in charge of developing Stealth Staking, to release exactly how to implement Stealth Staking, essentially 5 months before they hope to release it? Why on earth would you do that? That basically gives any better funded privacy coin project a chance to attempt to implement it first. Implying they're lying about stealth staking because they don't wanna give up their main differentiator is illogical.

They already said a Whitepaper or quasi-Whitepaper will be released with the feature.

Whitepapers are not important? I can't say for sure if xspec is a scam but let's be real, no one yet has a solution for anon POS yet xspec are claiming it's around the corner, this isn't just a simple bit of functionality which can be done easily, no proof = how gullible are you?

Very similarly worded to Monero shills that generally shit on XSPEC  Huh Huh No one on the XSPEC team has said "its a simple bit of functionality that can be done easy." Brycel, the developer in charge of SS, has figured out a solution for it and its getting ready to start implementing and testing within the XSPEC code. I really will never understand the argument "its never been done before so how on Earth could these people do it?!"

2 developers are suppose to solve one of the biggest problems in crypto in 5 months with no evidence?
Even more reason to stay away, I'm not sure you understand how complex stealth staking is Smiley

Also what sort of stealth coin offers a rich list:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich

atleast Monero has this area covered, yet you still have faith in stealth staking which is FAR more complex than hiding a wallet from a rich list.

Let me guess, this was intentional for ICO validation?

Stealth + rich list = bs.

By the way, I hold no Monero.
But hey, at least Monero is a functional stealth coin rather than a promise coin.

It only takes one person to figure it out, someone with far more cryptography knowledge then you or I. But like I said, just wait and see. One of us will be eating our words by the end of the year.

Ooo boi, another parroted talking point from someone who hasn't researched XSPEC enough. XSPEC has a richlist because it doesn't have privacy as the default option YET. That's on the roadmap for 2.0 release. Just makes you look uneducated about XSPEC when you think that because they haven't implemented default stealth that it somehow relates to them not being able to do Stealth Staking.  Huh Huh What are roadmaps for? XSPEC is a young coin, and its already more private than some similar coins. Once stealth is the default in 2.0, even WITHOUT stealth staking, it'll be one of the better privacy coins on the market, aside from Monero.
KimJungUn

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:41:14 PM

BitcoinSkull, you gave me shit for my prediction, but it's spot on so far.  This coin has only $56,000 volume per 24 hours and I have no clue why it's still listed on exchanges.  It's nothing more than a coin that markets itself wrong and should expect it to be delisted soon?  What is your call.

This coin has crashed to almost $1.10  Well within the average of the values that I gave and on course. I expect this coin to hit close to $0.90 within the next month or two and $0.40 cents within 6 months, while crashing to a few cents in a year.  Here's the equation I came up with in Excel really quick.  Fill in X with the number of months and you'll get the value of this coin.

y = 0.0103x^2 - 0.2453x + 1.4574
R² = 0.9921

BitcoinSkull

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:11:56 PM

Lack of volume from XSPEC is from people hodling and staking, and from people waiting to see the next few updates from XSPEC before they decide to invest.

But yeah, I guess we should give up on all the coins that dropped during the last few months. Just for appetizers, I've been watching DRGN and NXS the past few months and they've all had the exact same drop yet they're still really promising projects. You're full of it.

DRGN high: $5
DRGN now: $1.25

NXS high: $12
NXS now: $1.72

XSPEC high: $5.51
XSPEC now: $1.13

patrickrn32

Activity: 770
Merit: 252

https://twitter.com/iambitboy

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:16:03 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 08:27:42 AM by patrickrn32

IMPORTANT UPDATE

After having some extended discussions with @jbg, @beachguy and @RKh it has become clear
that @jbg does not support the upcoming XSPEC update and the changes it brings to the
network. @jbg has therefore stated that he will only support the “old” version of XSPEC and
collaborate with others and continue development on the “old XSPEC” which will be done under
the name of WISP. That means therefore that @jbg effectively leaves Spectrecoin (XSPEC) and he
is no longer the lead dev, manager or a spokesperson for Spectrecoin (XSPEC).

@jbg has stated that he will continue the work he has promised to the community (v 1.4) but this
will now be published under the name of WISP based on the “old XSPEC blockchain”. Please see
statement from @jbg when this is published. As the updates promised to the community by @jbg
will be pushed to a new GitHub open source repo, the official Spectrecoin (XSPEC) will be free to
work downstream from the new @jbg repo and implement the improvements coded by @jbg for
WISP as we will share the same code base, if this is deemed beneficial at the time of when the
code is released by @jbg. That means that supporters of the official XSPEC will get all the
improvements promised by @jbg although he no longer works for the project.

XSPEC will continue to develop with a vision of becoming a superior privacy coin and this split
will not detract from that mission. It is therefore possible that XSPEC and the @jbg version will
share code for a while but are likely to diverge as the code will be developed independently in the
future.

Therefore, there will be the official Spectrecoin (XSPEC) continuing as announced in a previous
statement with @mandica, @beachguy and @RKh as the core team and a new blockchain named
WISP where @jbg will the coder. @jbg will make an announcement around how this will be
implemented from his side.

Whilst we are in the process of hiring a full time professional developer for XSPEC, @mammix2
will step in as a developer and consultant and code the next version of the wallet as stated in a
previous announcement. This new version of XSPEC (likely to be known as v. 1.3.7 to bring it in
line with the latest Mac release) will bring the following two major changes to the network:
(1) 5% of the generated output in every block will be directed to a development fund.
(2) The PoS reward will increase to 5.25% per annum to compensate stakers who will not notice
a drop in the number of coins they receive.
(3) The donation slider will still be in effect and stakers will be able to contribute additional funds
to the project if they choose.

This will achieve a minimum of funding for development and contribute to a more professional
structure and work practices for the XSPEC core team. The accounts will be open and
transparent and the development work will be managed and checked and updates will be
provided. Once we are past the interim wallet update we will be able to finalise an updated
roadmap for XSPEC. There should not be any disruptions to the network. Simply download and
run the updated wallet when it is released.
The update will be in two stages:
(1) Upon new wallet release older wallets will be excluded from the network but enough time will
be given for everyone to update.
(2) At a predetermined block height the changes will activate with regards to the dev fund.

Make no mistake, Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is still XSPEC. The upcoming update is the official version
of Spectrecoin (XSPEC) and it is @jbg who has chosen to leave the project to start coding for the
new project known as WISP.
XSPEC will keep the official resources and forums for updates and information and the artwork
and other assets.

For every 1 XSPEC held at the moment of the fork, the holder will have 1 WISP
(the new name for that XSPEC) and also 1 XSPEC (of Mandica's new fork). You can
continue to use your existing XSPEC wallet to access your WISP, but we will
release an update that will include the new name and branding. To access your
XSPEC of Mandica's new fork you will need to download their forked wallet.

Statement xspec

Statement jbg

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:31:26 PM

For every 1 XSPEC held at the moment of the fork, the holder will have 1 WISP
(the new name for that XSPEC) and also 1 XSPEC (of Mandica's new fork).

This is the most interesting part. XSPEC has been down in the dumps recently with all these FUD threads popping up. I think this is a good thing, XSPEC is better without JBG who according to github hardly done any work, and investors will get a second coin during the fork.

KimJungUn

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:16:18 PM

Prediction (Mid-December)

December 2017  = 1.44

1 month  = 1.20 (JAN 2018)

3 month  = 0.90 - (MARCH 2018)

6 month  = .30  - (JUNE 2018)

1 year     = .01 (DECEMBER 2018)

Current Price (APRIL 2018 $0.37)  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

So far my prediction is spot on.  This coin is FAILING and crashing HARDER than anyone could expect.  I might have to revise my prediction if it stays in this depressed state.

karel88l

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:48:34 PM

Time for fork or coin burn and another pump and dump... I feel that this coin will stay "undervalued" for alooong time if not forever Cheesy
KimJungUn

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:40:27 PM

Time for fork or coin burn and another pump and dump... I feel that this coin will stay "undervalued" for alooong time if not forever Cheesy

I expect this "fork" as an attempt to create demand, and slightly raise the price so the DEV(s) can sell their coins knowing that it's a dead project.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: