Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:17:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the alternatives for Bitcointalk?  (Read 1201 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:11:25 PM

What about /r/bitcoin? There are good disucssions made there and some of the BTC developers go there sometimes to discuss their thoughts and proposals.

There are also funny memes and threads which make it less boring.

I can't stand it myself. It's more Reddit's format itself than the content, but a lot of the content is irritating too plus it's very hard to find older stuff when you're on the hunt for useful information.

It is much better for the latest news. I often notice something has a huge thread on there when it's never even mentioned here.

Beyond that the network effect applies to forums just as much as currencies. Every day this place stays ahead makes it harder for anywhere else to catch up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 11:22:05 PM

Not sure why no one has mentioned it yet, https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/, albeit that this isn't really a forum, there are some great questions/answers discussion about the technicalities of bitcoin.

You'll rarely find spam there, and mostly straightforward answers to (mostly) technical questions.
I use this site very often, for my Q/A thread and for other purposes and I have found it very helpful. The questions are asked, and are answered with good insight. Its easy to find any technical questions related to bitcoin in this forum/whatever.
What about /r/bitcoin? There are good disucssions made there and some of the BTC developers go there sometimes to discuss their thoughts and proposals.

Reddit is also filled with spam but maybe with a little more humor. But that place is definitely not the best for bitcoin related technical questions without any doubt.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:48:32 PM

The fact that the r/bitcoin subreddit doesn't actively utilize tags or a sorting system and the fact that you can't really filter out non-serious posts like memes and price updates, etc are the biggest downsides of the subreddit. I still actively use the site as a whole and visit r/bitcoin several times a day, but if you're looking for precise information, bitcointalk is the best way to go. That's not to say that there isn't serious discussion on Reddit (responses on Reddit occasionally are comparable to those found on this forum or stackexchange). News about Bitcoin gets there quicker than on most other mediums, and there's always an abundance of interesting and informative articles every time you go there.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:29:18 AM

There are some bitcoin and crypto forums recently but I haven't seen as good among any of them , since of the population and number of topics , and firm admins, this forum is the oldest bitcoin forum and birthplace of many of the good coins Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Lehbane

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:45:20 PM

If your looking for page to discuss more about bitcoin and other crytocurrency then try to subscribe on reddit, they have a lot of information there if you want just subscribe on page with Bitcoin or crypto you can share and comment all the I formation you know and read new info that you do not know yet.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:58:55 AM

I don't know if the name is altcointalk because it was last year that I was looking for some bounties and decided to search that site. It was not worth because the bounties they have are all obvious shitcoins.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 10:49:24 AM

I have never joined or listen about a forum bigger and more valuable than Bitcointalk and found it the best so i never search for others.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:20:28 AM

Several forums similar to Bitcointalk have existed, but none had succeeded. I'm not sure about the correct url, but it is for the altcoins. In that it has got the same form as our bitcointalk.org, such as the ranking, merit, badges, etc. Even some bounty campaigns too were running.

That is really great mate. If there is option to earn money with the other forum newbies who is looking to earn the tokens via bounty will be looking to earn the bitcoin and ethereum if there is option for campaigning there bro.

I have came across many forum and places to earn the money but none of forum will be able to various option to earn the money like doing in this forum mate. You please share the link of the forum you mentioned here.
This forum is much better because it offers a lot of features that exist. In addition, the huge number of users making this forum has a lot of information, everyone is discussing and can get valuable information. In addition there are also many sub forums here, and one of the interesting is a sub forum of selling and buying. Unlike other forums, I think bitcointalk.org is the best and I am happy to have known this forum for more than 3 years. What a fantastic year for me, because I am now able to earn a pretty fantastic income. Applying the knowledge we get while learning and reading the information in this forum will be a determinant of what we will get.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:04:51 PM

I have never joined or listen about a forum bigger and more valuable than Bitcointalk and found it the best so i never search for others.

Also in coming time you will never hear anything bigger or better than bitcointalk about the btc and other crypto currencies which you cna find all the information required about anything here and get the best advice as well about it. Also you have a chance to earn through various sources from here.
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:49:31 PM

The few bitcoin forums alternatives are.....empty with just a few people who are... the same as here.
So why need to go in multiple place to see the same people
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:24:29 PM

Bitcoingarden is similar: https://bitcoingarden.org/
rupesh2

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:41:09 PM

honestly i tell you i tried 2-3 forums like bitcoingarden , rebellious , but they are not as effective as this forum .
alternate of BTT forum can be reddit discussion , gifthub . you can get news from sites like CCN , Coindesk , Bitcoin.com .

but for a help of advance level you will still need this forum as i saw all big projects started their journey from here (ANN thread) and other discussions .
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:30:21 AM

I can't stand it myself. It's more Reddit's format itself than the content, but a lot of the content is irritating too plus it's very hard to find older stuff when you're on the hunt for useful information.

It is much better for the latest news. I often notice something has a huge thread on there when it's never even mentioned here.

Beyond that the network effect applies to forums just as much as currencies. Every day this place stays ahead makes it harder for anywhere else to catch up.

Yeah but there's no other forum that is more connected to everything about BTC and cryptocurrencies. But if you read the thread starter's post again, is he trying to make us go to the phishing site bitcointalk.to lol?

To paraphrase him.

"Just like bitcoin itself, it's up for fork when the community can't agree.

I remember that a while ago someone was talking about a decentralized forum, maybe this is a real use for the chain -- to fork forum easily. So that all existing users will still keep their accounts on the new forum, just the rules will be different."

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:19:19 AM

I'm sort of new to Bitcointalk but I like to switch between Bitcointalk and Reddit. I like these kind of formats where I can just scroll through each topic, trying to learn something new. Personally, I'm learning a lot just switching between the two forums and I can't wait to just keep learning more.

bitcointalk is the original forum when it comes to bitcoin and other crypto related talks and reddit is only indexing or coppying some of the existing thread here on bitcointalk but when it comes to general discussions i think reddit is more better.

Anyways there are lots of alternatives for bitcointalk forum , some that i can think of are : altcointalk , bitcoingarden , cryptotalk , primedice forum , etc.

But i will only recomend one site and that is none other than bitcointalk.org because as i said earlier bitcointalk.org is the only original crypto forum founded by the father of crypto satoshi nakamoto.
cakmabokgot

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:57:42 PM

You can check out altcoinstalks.com
If was founded in november 2017 as far as I know. If you also want signature campaigns an stuff they have some. But it is not as mature as bitcointalk of course.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:07:10 AM

Several forums similar to Bitcointalk have existed, but none had succeeded. I'm not sure about the correct url, but it is for the altcoins. In that it has got the same form as our bitcointalk.org, such as the ranking, merit, badges, etc. Even some bounty campaigns too were running.

That is really great mate. If there is option to earn money with the other forum newbies who is looking to earn the tokens via bounty will be looking to earn the bitcoin and ethereum if there is option for campaigning there bro.

I have came across many forum and places to earn the money but none of forum will be able to various option to earn the money like doing in this forum mate. You please share the link of the forum you mentioned here.

I once saw a forum full of bounties where various ICOs and bounty campaigns were being promoted their however it eventually failed. Since most of its users were bounty hunters, there was not much discussion happening. There are actually many forums that try to replicate bitcointalk.org and even copy the same interface even though it's too outdated however not many succeed because they don't get the same audience nor do they attain enough users.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:20:27 PM

I once saw a forum full of bounties where various ICOs and bounty campaigns were being promoted their however it eventually failed. Since most of its users were bounty hunters, there was not much discussion happening. There are actually many forums that try to replicate bitcointalk.org and even copy the same interface even though it's too outdated however not many succeed because they don't get the same audience nor do they attain enough users.
You are right because they are not most popular, I think those people want like bitcointalk why they are come because of profit more population the more chance of having profit so bitcointalk.org the best site since it is the oldest among all bounties sites.
We considered as a bitcointalk.org is an original site because it is made by Satoshi Nakamoto.

cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:01:16 PM

after bitcointalk steemit took the majority of the stake in forum discussion and blockchain integrated payments so in the near future we may expect soon more innovative forum soon
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:31:10 PM

after bitcointalk steemit took the majority of the stake in forum discussion and blockchain integrated payments so in the near future we may expect soon more innovative forum soon
Hey man sorry for intruding why did you revive this post it's been two weeks after the last post I know you're trying but reviving old post is ridiculously especially if that post was already answered by DT members and especially on this section you should've tried on economics below. It would probably acceptable if you revive some post there.
maximilian4aue

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:34:31 PM

I really think this is going no where.
Welcome to the club.

I'd love to find a forum where it's less crowded with a lot more technical discussions. Ideally people there don't care about levels. There are new technologies being discussed.
There is no such place. If you want to follow technical discussions, then:
a) Follow the Bitcoin development mailing list.
b) Follow the Lightning development mailing list.
c) Read the #bitcoin-core-dev IRC channel.
d) Read the #bitcoin-dev IRC channel.
e) Read the #lnd IRC channel.
f) Obviously, (as you've mentioned) pay attention to the Github repos.

I checked out Ethereumtalk.org but it's nothing.
mETH is a centralized shitcoin, don't expect proper technical discussion there.

Just like bitcoin itself, it's up for fork when the community can't agree.
That won't work.

Seriously, can't think of a better use case for DAO than such a forum!
Horrible idea.

Technical discussion is subjective. The people in a particular forum term differently what is technical. All the same, I am here to learn.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: