Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GoldPressedLatinum - Broken BlockChain - relaunch today..STOP MINING!  (Read 1235 times)
scificoin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:34:24 AM

Sad

First off all sorry to the miners out there who have been mining this coin.  Without going into too much detail (because we do not fully understand what happened), it appears that the block chain is forked with some users stuck on block 20262 and others mining with rejects at almost 70,000 blocks.

There is an issue where the blockchain is mixing with a different chain due to an issue in the code.

and possibly exacerbated by the fact that, the wrong ports posted on the other forum (where this info came from i am not sure)   

Please be aware that all coins currently mined will be abandoned and we will relaunch this coin later today!  if you know anyone mining this coin please spread the word (use chat rooms, forums, trollboxes) 

I expect to get abuse for this issue, but please be aware we did not have an inkling that this was a possible issue until we started to get reports from miners and developers.

A special thank you to   the person who initially brought this to our attention and pointed out where and how the problem arose.

People mining will need to delete all traces of there previous install,  and destroy their wallet.dat and all other files in the roaming folder.

C:\Users\your_windows_username\AppData\Roaming\GoldPressedLatinum

This is a hidden folder, so make sure you have turned on at Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization > folder options (view) > show hidden files and folders.

After you have deleted your coins and (i know this will be difficult) watch the startrek thread for the relaunch info...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280114.100

Again please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the scificoin team.   Embarrassed

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 09:35:48 AM

Test it before you launch it and don't rush this time

scificoin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile