Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:41:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you using a hardware wallet for your coins?  (Read 193 times)
roganite

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:10:48 AM

Personally I use one, because I am getting more and more crypto.

I think if you plan to stay in this sphere and make some money, I would advise it.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:12:23 AM

Well, when I can earn at least 0.5 BTC, then probably I will think about buying some kind of tool for storing BTC or other currencies, but for now all this is unjustified expenses. So just work on the guys.
bramgg.crypto

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

Grow with the flow.

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:16:50 PM

Since I'm HODLing just about every crypto I have, I think it will be a good investment for me, just to be on the safe side. I will get a Ledger Nano S in time, but now I stick with the Desktop wallets and MEW for ERC20 tokens. But as soon as my portfolio grows a bit, I will invest in a hardware wallet.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:53:14 PM

I see many talking on this and also talks about the exchanges that are not that safe ...

To me , for my 200$ funds Smiley) , let's say I will recover but when u're growing and have x1000 more that could mean something.

are you having one of this?

I think it's the safest the hardware wallet bcz all-important private keys are maintained in a secure offline environment. Also they fully protected even should the device be plugged into a malware-infected computer. Hardware wallet can't be stolen, lost or damaged either thanks for secret backup code, you can always retrieve your coins.
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:07:15 PM

I personally don't have a Ledger Nano but would really like to have one. People say so because the ledger nano is considered as the safest among any of the options available. Exchanges on the other hand are not considered safe because it is their owners who are handling our accounts and it is them who are owning the private keys of our wallets. Anyone who owns the private key owns the coins. So it is them who are holding our coins whereas we own the private keys ourselves in the ledger nano.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:23:20 PM

I personally don't have a Ledger Nano but would really like to have one. People say so because the ledger nano is considered as the safest among any of the options available. Exchanges on the other hand are not considered safe because it is their owners who are handling our accounts and it is them who are owning the private keys of our wallets. Anyone who owns the private key owns the coins. So it is them who are holding our coins whereas we own the private keys ourselves in the ledger nano.
These are all valid points. However, please consider that there are exchanges or online wallets that allow you to be the owner of your private keys. In such a case you can use your hardware wallet to store the keys for an online wallet. As the keys never leave the device, it is perfectly safe and secure

Also, if the exchange you choose doesn't allow you to store your private keys on a hardware wallet, you can still use a hardware wallet as a 2FA device. It is considered MUCH safer than using a phone as 2FA. You see, it is extremely easy to hack a phone and extremely hard to hack a hardware wallet.

So this way or that way - a hardware wallet is the way to go Smiley

AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:28:30 PM

I see many talking on this and also talks about the exchanges that are not that safe ...

To me , for my 200$ funds Smiley) , let's say I will recover but when u're growing and have x1000 more that could mean something.

Yes, I use the wallet for Neo, BitShares, Waves. I hold on to them those coins that I have for the long term.

mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:04:41 PM

When I started, I did not buy the hardware wallet immediately. A little later I realized that this is a necessary thing for success. Agree, this is a terrible feeling, when you even stole the little money that you earned. I advise everyone to buy this wallet for the first $ 100 earned.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: