Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:00:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: War in Syria, disorder in middle-east, and oil price will affect BTC price?  (Read 3992 times)
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:26:19 AM

I thought the U.S president postponed the attack.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:42:01 PM

it is postponed till 9 sept
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:16:18 PM

i thought Obama asked congress to vote on it?
AceCoin (OP)

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:51:33 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 09:03:52 AM by AceCoin

The price will be rising slowly for now, then (I hope not, but..) they will try to attack Siria, BTC will start jumping up, but don't get too happy and exchange as fast as you can, because soon afterwards the price might plummet under 100$ even. The thing is, that Siria has lots  of man train for 'kamikadze' purposes + Israel is sitting right next door.

this bitcoin's price prevision is interesting for a lot of btc owners.

but, from the social aspect... is very bad.

here in italy, especially in the south of italy, everyday a lot of yemenites, syrians, lebanians, palestinians, etc etc come here by ships, and they are almost all anonymous, without documents. Hundreds, thousands everyday.  

I believe that the 99% of them are only poor people escapig from the war. Ok.

Buy honestly sometimes i think that is possible that, between them, could come here some kamikaze. It's possible. And immigration here is almost impossible to control at 100% for a simple reason: we have a lot of coasts and our resources are very poor compared to this.

moreover,

human traffic is hold by MAFIA. And the mafia here is at the maximum levels of state institutions and is linked to other kind of mafia in other countries. So there are specific interest of the mafia/government in this lack of immigration control. Because is a gain and for them is better if immigration stay "underground", cause they can control it and gain on it. And this is another reason that explain why we can't stop this thing.

btw

Some of them rest here... if they resist (because of the blackwork, criminal organisation, without document they have to stay hidden and anonymous and can't do and find nothing).
But the majority of them go in other european countries. United Kingdom, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherland, Austria...
So, it's very dangerous for european countries to go to war against countries that can send kamikaze (or already have kamikaze on enemy's soil)

Of course , if WW3 breaks all the people will start buying bitcoins.
Are you all some masochist that really want a war /disaster/collapse just to have the bitcoin price going up?

of course, absolutely not! my question was only for economical reasons/aspects, not politicals. is not my fault if economy works like this. All our "developed" countries work like this.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:49:54 AM

human traffic is hold by MAFIA. And the mafia here is at the maximum levels of state institutions and is linked to other kind of mafia in other countries. So there are specific interest of the mafia/government in this lack of immigration control. Because is a gain and for them is better if immigration stay "underground", cause they can control it and gain on it.

Remember how parts of the Syrian war started: snipers (anonymous gunmen, basically) started shooting one group of people in large towns and cities near the borders of the ethnically homogenous regions (they have Kurds, Alawites, Shias and Sunnis in Syria, I think). Who were the anonymous snipers? No-one knows now for certain, but whoever it was managed to create trouble and tension between different groups because of it.

Don't be surprised if Italian newspapers and TV start to have stories that increase tension between new immigrants and the native population. Libyan people didn't commit the crime, criminals committed the crime. When a man with a big nose robs an old woman, big nose people are not all robbers. He is the robber, his big nose didn't do it.

Vires in numeris
AceCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:41:17 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 01:57:31 PM by AceCoin

Don't be surprised if Italian newspapers and TV start to have stories that increase tension between new immigrants and the native population. Libyan people didn't commit the crime, criminals committed the crime. When a man with a big nose robs an old woman, big nose people are not all robbers. He is the robber, his big nose didn't do it.

yes thanks, "unluckily" we (italians) know... despite of what you could hear, about italians, from mass media Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

my speech about mafia&immigrants is the reality (little bit OT maybe, but mafia gain from human traffic from africa to italy, that is the "door to Europe". Mafia has his own representatives for his interests in the italian parliament, so they will never do laws that hurts too much mafia's economical interests) and absolutely was not intended to be a dumb/xenophobic generalization, and sorry if i let you inted this.  Undecided

btw, politics apart, i don't understand WHY NOW price and volume go up...  Huh

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/08/31/obama-says-the-us-will-attack-syria-bitcoin-value-rises-to-new-heights/
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:24:17 PM

yes thanks, "unluckily" we (italians) know... despite of what you could hear, about italians, from mass media Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

my speech about mafia&immigrants is the reality (little bit OT maybe, but mafia gain from human traffic from africa to italy, that is the "door to Europe". Mafia has his own representatives for his interests in the italian parliament, so they will never do laws that hurts too much mafia's economical interests) and absolutely was not intended to be a dumb/xenophobic generalization, and sorry if i let you inted this.  Undecided

It's difficult talking about this sort of thing, but it's got to be talked about, or we'll never get properly conscious of it. It's also courageous to bring it up, so I'm sorry if I came across like a school teacher or parent telling you to be a good human!

In truth, I have similar concerns. Western governments are really pissing off the people from the Arab world, for hundreds of years in total. It doesn't help that the average person in the West believes the war propaganda crap that comes out of the media in Europe and North America. If I was from the Middle East, I'd still be pretty pissed off at the average Westerner just for being so ignorant, so when can we expect them to fight back in a way that doesn't need over-exaggeration by the media? You'd be right in thinking it could be soon. I've thought of moving to a different continent to skip some possible impending carnage, not least because I don't want to pay taxes towards the war machine, but where do you go where Westerners aren't hated by the native population? Tough choices in 21st Century, all stirred up by some rich assholes over hundreds of years. These people are the biggest assholes of all time, if only ordinary people could understand that the monetary system is what keeps it going for these scumbags.

Vires in numeris
AceCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:34:44 PM

Tough choices in 21st Century, all stirred up by some rich assholes over hundreds of years. These people are the biggest assholes of all time, if only ordinary people could understand that the monetary system is what keeps it going for these scumbags.

true Grin

viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:30:49 AM

You have great imagination.

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
zac2013

Activity: 108
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:06:02 AM

Not sure if oil and bitcoin are correlating at the mo but...

In my humble opinion light sweet crude oil just bust throught the $110 level today and the chartist in my says its going to $150-200 within 12 months. I think bitcoin is in a big mother fucka chart pattern, which is pointing big upwards at the mo... 200-300 range within the next 6 months..

buy in september sell in may?

bitvolar

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:39:17 AM

I believe India has the most gold, followed by China.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2013/04/sovereign%20gold_0.jpg

Of course America's gold might be imaginary, as could half of Germany's which is "safe" in that same America.

But India has most privately held gold. Something ridiculous like >20,000 tonnes...
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:59:52 PM

The US is war weary (as can be seen by the poll results which are strongly opposed to intervention) so Obama's actions will be limited in scope and ineffective.  We'll probably launch a hundred or so cruise missiles at some targets of no real value, since they've had weeks to move their assets to civilian areas (and are doing so).  Maybe a limited air attack.  Obama's stupid "red line" speech is the only reason we're doing anything.  1,500 killed by sarin and now we want to intervene when over 100,000 have already been killed by bullets.  Give me a break.

The only way this escalates is if Syria is stupid enough to try and use anti-ship missiles on the US or Israel gets heavily involved. 

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:05:22 PM

1,500 killed by sarin

Don't forget that the Syrian rebels have been the only group proven to use chemical weapon attacks before this Guta attack happened... and these are the people the Obama administration want instaed of al-Assad? Makes a lot of sense.

Vires in numeris
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

The Syria situation is probably just a small piece of the puzzle...the larger conflict is with Iran. You have to look at both countries together. This isn't about individual uprisings and things, there are larger geopolitical things behind it. I mean if they really cared about innocent people getting killed they would have intervened a lot more within other places like in Africa where thousands of people were being killed....

The same old conflict, and apparently Iran wants to nuke Israel off the map, and Syria has been used by Iran as sort of their military arm. Keep your eyes peeled.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
AceCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:04:29 AM

You have great imagination.

of course  Smiley
jungle_dave

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:58:41 PM

The situation in Syria is very sad, as it is in many countries at war.
War is bad, there is no good side of it but shooting a few cruise missiles is not going to stop the carnage.
Syria is in a state of civil war. There are good guys and lots of bad guys all ready to start fighting each other as soon as Assad is gone.

If the US gets involved and I personally think that would be a bad idea, the dollar will take a nosedive as the world looses confidence in the economic prospects of the US, already hemorrhaging war inspired debt mostly to China as I remember.

If the US goes to war, bitcoins would be worth more dollars, but would you want to hold on to US dollars in that case?

tskweres

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:30:17 PM

I'm not so sure that right now at least, this affects the price of BTC. The price of BTC is more affected by liquidity, fiat => crypto and vice versa, infrastructure, merchants accepting it etc - moreso than this. As it becomes more of a world currency - things like this will be more of an issue.

Travis Skweres
CEO - Coin Market
https://www.coinmkt.com/
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:38:17 PM

After Kerry's hilarious misstep (in which he may have accidentally saved thousands of lives), it looks like the strike is off for at least another week. US admin is taking heat from all sides domestically.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:51:36 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 08:44:33 PM by Carlton Banks

After Kerry's hilarious misstep (in which he may have accidentally saved thousands of lives), it looks like the strike is off for at least another week. US admin is taking heat from all sides domestically.

It's funny, I don't think this was some kind of scripted double bluff from Kerry, I think he was just shooting from the hip (while the cameras rolled and the microphones were on  Cheesy). Goes to show that the BS peddling frontmen that do jobs like President and Secretary of State are loose cannons sometimes; after all, the idea is we're supposed to believe they're actually making real policy decisions (as opposed to just delivering the pre-made decisions to the public)

Vires in numeris
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:39:03 PM

Whether Assad wins or the rebels, they both hate America.  The rebels are just putting up with the US because we're supplying them with guns.  It's a lose/lose situation for the US, you know, the typical type of situation that the US get themselves in...

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: