Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:53:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin price be affected by Lunar New Year  (Read 94 times)
Nvtinh08 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:04:37 AM

Lunar new year is coming in next two weeks. It is big public holiday in countries such as Chinese,  Indonesia, Malaysia, North Korea, Singapore, South Korea, and Vietnam. I think that people from these countries will sell coins and prepare for new year holiday
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:06:17 AM

it was already affected by it!

the way news like this (either positive or negative doesn't make a difference) affect bitcoin price is that the effects start way before the actual date. for example if people expect the price to drop due to Lunar New Year, they start selling weeks before it starts, meaning the recent drop from $14k could have been partly because of this.
last year was the same, price dropped from Jan 4 to Jan 13 and stayed low until end of the month.
also same in 2016 and 2015 as far as I can see on the charts.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/btcusd

Only Bitcoin
Arwinkim

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:43:19 AM

Of course, since most of bitcoin investors come from Asia especially china, korea, japan, and south east asia
Fawad Escobar

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:47:41 AM

Lunar new year is coming in next two weeks. It is big public holiday in countries such as Chinese,  Indonesia, Malaysia, North Korea, Singapore, South Korea, and Vietnam. I think that people from these countries will sell coins and prepare for new year holiday

i agreed with pursure its already affected. i think BTC done its correction. FEb is the month in which BTC moves upwards
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:54:50 AM

Of course, since most of bitcoin investors come from Asia especially china, korea, japan, and south east asia
I agree with you the combined number of crypto users from these countries holds the majority of crypto users and from the past years this is the time prices begin to rise again as crypto users  are going to be back for business
00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:33:41 PM

Your predictions are quite accurate, in Asia in the next 2 weeks will come Lunar New Year, the purchase of goods for the Lunar New Year is rising, people in this area they will sell altcoin more than buy. I think the number of investors in these markets is not great but it also contributes to lowering bitcoin prices in the near future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: