Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:46:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason why many altcoin is important  (Read 571 times)
Tambu (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:50:52 AM

In my opinion altcoins help to expand and shake up the cryptocurrency world. They also push the limits of technology that may have not been pushed with bitcoin alone.

Somehow Altcoins shake the market. but one thing for sure stellar coins/token could not abuse the price if there are a lot of options which these are the job of altcoins.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
Tambu (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:04:38 AM

In any healthy ecosystem there is always competition and the best usually rises to the top. Many Bitcoin elitists believe that there should only be one cryptocurrency, but having other altcoins as an option would both spur on innovation, but also ensure that it truly is the best option out there. Having only one cryptocurrency as an option for the world would also give the network too much power and if the core developers made changes that the people didn’t agree with switching to another coin would be more difficult. Having choice is freedom and allows people choose the best option for them and balance the power of this new internet money.

I like your view dude. True.  Altcoins give the traders/investors to practice their freedom of choice and will not leave you in a single option which very necessary in the market to stop excessive power of price's manipulations.   

susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:09:40 AM

In any healthy ecosystem there is always competition and the best usually rises to the top. Many Bitcoin elitists believe that there should only be one cryptocurrency, but having other altcoins as an option would both spur on innovation, but also ensure that it truly is the best option out there. Having only one cryptocurrency as an option for the world would also give the network too much power and if the core developers made changes that the people didn’t agree with switching to another coin would be more difficult. Having choice is freedom and allows people choose the best option for them and balance the power of this new internet money.

I like your view dude. True.  Altcoins give the traders/investors to practice their freedom of choice and will not leave you in a single option which very necessary in the market to stop excessive power of price's manipulations.   

which I can catch and I understand the possibility of altcoin many because many people who have started to understand the benefits of owning and making their own coin by having a team of developers and projects that are real and good coin will certainly be like any other coin.
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:10:52 AM

Limiting the market of crypto currencies is the same as limiting the stock market. After all, each alternative crypto currency is a project
habaratbu

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:12:14 AM

Many people asking why there are a lot of altcoins, and they suggest limits the altcoin making should be done.

The reasons why I don't agree to limits the altcoin aside from the reason of decentralization.

Here are the few;
1.   The monopoly of market will be avoided.
2.   There is a competition of prices in the market  that can limit the price of the stellar cryptocurrency to overshoot.
3.   Altcoins can cause unpredictable fluctuation of prices in the market. Fluctuation of prices result revenue for the traders/investors.
4.   New and small investors/traders will be given a chance to trade in the market.
5.   There is a healthy circulation of money in the market because hoarding/holding will be prevented.
6.   Exchange site/market can gain also a suitable amount.
7.     Bounty campaign will be continued to progress. 

Agreed,there will be a lot of manipulations if the altcoins are limited,most of the big players will dictate the trend in the market.Decentralized community needs to have a decentralized assets,altcoins is just like acting like shares in the market.

lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:49:51 AM

many altcoin is very good because it can make the world of cryptocurrency more colorful. which makes the coin good or not depends on the product or marketing strategy.
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:56:51 AM

Yes many altcoin and digital token is good for development of blockchain technology and give many benefits to the world. Many industri will use advantages of blockchain technology so will give many benefits to many people in the world. Now blockchain technology can use in to many industry like parmachy, B2B,B2C, C2C, Financial institution and more.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
captaincomet

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:00:03 AM

The more alternative coins - the more competitive the market of crypto-currencies. This allows you to buy more interesting coins at lower prices. This is important for bulls, but not interesting for bears
Tambu (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:23:54 AM

The more alternative coins - the more competitive the market of crypto-currencies. This allows you to buy more interesting coins at lower prices. This is important for bulls, but not interesting for bears

Nice dude. that's the reason altcoin why altcoin is important.  It's serve as a price equilibrium in the market.
Without altcoins, maybe the price of btc right is so high that only the filthy  rich can afford. 

Kulafu

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:55:53 AM

According to Claseen (Bitcoin Foundation) 95% of the Altcoin will fail.  But as long there is a strong platform and marketing for the alt i doubt 95% will fail. In fact Altcoin prevent btc price to soar high.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:13:52 AM

As for me, people themselves determine their value by investing in one or another alt. Yes, there is a very big competition among the leaders, even the shitcoins, but each coin has some special feature or difference from others, some that do not develop and die without support for a short time. So a normal healthy market, where for everyone there is a corner for action.
catapult

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:12:18 AM

In my opinion, altcoins are really important in the terms of the future of the cryptocurrency world. Because I think that it won't be good if just one or just a few coins have big power in the markets. I hope that we will see many strong and reliable altcoins in the future.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:58:16 AM

Yes, I agree with your advantages from a large number of altcoins. However, there are disadvantages. If everyone received only profit, then only the fools would be against. However, there are many people who have lost some of their money, or almost all, or have not yet lost, but are waiting for a rise in prices.
Fluctuations of 50% or 75% up this is profit and joy. The same fluctuations only down - it's just bankruptcy and anger.

ejswift

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:03:32 AM

If there is no altcoins then price of bitcoin will get too expensive and the transaction fee will climb up too high amd the waiting time will get days.And it will make the bitcoins not usable.So altcoins are very important if we need to use bitcoin in the future.
yeah because altcoin is one of the most alternative for bitcoin if you cant buyoe so exect it is very important for those people who cant buy bitcoin like me

00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:06:47 AM

I personally do not want to limit the altcoin. I want in this world any organization, any corporation can develop a coin for their own. This will create jobs for many people. and require the investment participants to have a clear vision, to have a lot of experience. have not lost money in the crypto market.
Tambu (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:41:27 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 01:53:12 PM by Tambu

Yes, I agree with your advantages from a large number of altcoins. However, there are disadvantages. If everyone received only profit, then only the fools would be against. However, there are many people who have lost some of their money, or almost all, or have not yet lost, but are waiting for a rise in prices.
Fluctuations of 50% or 75% up this is profit and joy. The same fluctuations only down - it's just bankruptcy and anger.

In all investment there's always a risk. In crytocurrency the risk is high but the profit is high as well that's why people are investing on crytocurrency.
For the altcoin I believe investors are wise enough to identify  which alt have a better future. Alt is useful in the market it serve as an equilibrium of  btc. 

atomicgroup

Activity: 370

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:56:44 PM

As much as important most of these Altcoins are owing to both highlighted views of yours and yet to be highlighted merits. We still need to be very much cautious because the emergence of these coins brought about shit ones where most Developers out of curiosity for market competitiveness acted below expected standardization especially after ICO, where at the end of the day, this coins are dumped by most holders. However, such coins involved falls short of importance.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:01:17 PM

I think that here the business lies in the economy of the crypto industry itself, because if there is a dominance in the market, as we see it today, then the situation will not be very promising for the development of projects, because they are completely dependent on the price of for example bitcoin, such should not be

Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:06:38 PM

Many people asking why there are a lot of altcoins, and they suggest limits the altcoin making should be done.

The reasons why I don't agree to limits the altcoin aside from the reason of decentralization.

Here are the few;
1.   The monopoly of market will be avoided.
2.   There is a competition of prices in the market  that can limit the price of the stellar cryptocurrency to overshoot.
3.   Altcoins can cause unpredictable fluctuation of prices in the market. Fluctuation of prices result revenue for the traders/investors.
4.   New and small investors/traders will be given a chance to trade in the market.
5.   There is a healthy circulation of money in the market because hoarding/holding will be prevented.
6.   Exchange site/market can gain also a suitable amount.
7.     Bounty campaign will be continued to progress. 

Yeah , but because of there's many coins some of these are not legit and it is the one sign that it's not good too.but for me, the reason why many altcoin are important because not all country accept bitcoin. So others will choose what coins they used in their country. Also, the price of bitcoin is very high so they made altcoins that have a low price to exact for billings and ampunt for investing
lero34

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:21:10 AM

Totally agree with you. And why they may not be important? interesting. It's the same currency as bitcoin and everything else. They are just a little younger.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: