Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:22:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should merit be earned across the whole forum?  (Read 169 times)
rlim475 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:05:53 PM

Mostly as the title says. Do you feel merit should be earned for quality, constructive posts in all sections. The one's I am most interested in are Politics & Society and Off-Topic. These sections are mostly full of spam but occasionally there are some well written and good posts that promote discussion, should these receive merit also or because they are not cryptocurrency related should they not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:39:48 PM

I think they should, but as it is now merit is earned mostly in specific sections of the forum. There is definitely a distribution issue.
Jaydis

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:34:41 PM

Mostly as the title says. Do you feel merit should be earned for quality, constructive posts in all sections. The one's I am most interested in are Politics & Society and Off-Topic. These sections are mostly full of spam but occasionally there are some well written and good posts that promote discussion, should these receive merit also or because they are not cryptocurrency related should they not?
Let's see soon how the merit sources will work this properly. If there is no merit sources that could see a quality post there then the best solution is to remove that section and change a better one. That is the only solution I see in order to see their fairness.
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:53:49 PM

Isn't it entirely in the hands of users to determine which posts they want to give others merit for? In Theymos' announcement there was no mention of any limitations when it comes to specific sections of the forum. I would personally prefer that merit sources don't bother with the off-topic section though (does it feel "right" to give someone merit for their posts about their favourite movies, quotes or dietary habits on a Bitcoin Forum?) and would be happy to see merit granted for meaningful posts pertaining to Bitcoin or alts. If the system's goal is to rid of shitposters and raise the overall quality of posts in the forum, I would rather see this improvement in Bitcoin-related sections.
Jaydis

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:04:21 PM

Isn't it entirely in the hands of users to determine which posts they want to give others merit for? In Theymos' announcement there was no mention of any limitations when it comes to specific sections of the forum. I would personally prefer that merit sources don't bother with the off-topic section though (does it feel "right" to give someone merit for their posts about their favourite movies, quotes or dietary habits on a Bitcoin Forum?) and would be happy to see merit granted for meaningful posts pertaining to Bitcoin or alts. If the system's goal is to rid of shitposters and raise the overall quality of posts in the forum, I would rather see this improvement in Bitcoin-related sections.
If this is the case, no need for off c topic section, in what for this section to exist if this will be the place of nothingness. Merit is intended for the quality post, and if this off topic section is existing this is no use anymore and should be change for something important or full of sense rather than letting it be here in BTT.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:19:43 PM

I think that merit should be eligible in all boards of forum. You're, there are lot of spam in Off-topic and Politics & society boards and good quality posts usualy get lost among all spam, so, it may be difficult to get Merit for these posts. Another thing, mosts active users on these board are Newbies and Jr Members, higher ranked users are less active, so there aren't many users who can give Merit on these boards. And it's not secret, mostly new users without knowledge about crypto are posting in these boards just to rank up. Now, when Merit system was introduced, there will be not enough to make garbage posts to get activity and rank up. So, maybe at least Politics and Society board will become cleaner and more interesting to read.
And, it's forum about Bitcoin and other currencies, so, I prefer to give Merit for valuable posts about Bitcoin/Altcoins, not about off-topic content.

Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:49:35 PM

As you can see some of the signature campaign threads posted in the services earned merits. I don't know why they waste to merit the signature thread even its not supposed to be merited. So its not possible that you could also earn merit on the Off-topic and Politics & Society boards.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 05:10:13 PM

Merit is in no way section-limited. What's the point of this thread again?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rlim475 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:20:06 PM

Merit is in no way section-limited. What's the point of this thread again?

I am well aware that merit can be given in any section of the forum and is at the discretion of the person with the sMerit. My question is to peoples opinions, as to if they think this is correct or not. I guess it depends on what you want merit to signify ultimately, do you view it as something that is awarded to people who make good posts or to people who are knowledgeable when it comes to cryptocurrency or more related topics like economics, finance etc

It seems from reading the replies that there are many mixed responses regarding the matter, with some saying it should be awarded across the forum and others that it should only be for crypto related posts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: