Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:48:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit rewards for Signature Campaigns!  (Read 1922 times)
NoNetwork (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:43:16 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 01:19:53 PM by NoNetwork
Merited by FlightyPouch (2), metenjean (2), boyshx (2), forbiddenone123 (2), irfan_pak10 (1), Raimonn (1), Taki (1), Matimtim (1), cramcram21 (1), ButtCrack (1)

I was wondering about the new system that has been implemented. We all know that it can be challenging to earn even a single merit, I mean not all the members of this forum are that familiar to what really is going on, especially to the new members.

So I will get to the point, so how about this, let's say we joined a Signature Campaign it lasts for four weeks. And every week you will be required a number of post, let's say 25 posts. So you've already met that requirement and has been confirmed by the Manager. We also know that the Manager reviews your posts if those are constructive, here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

Then its not going be hard as before for the participants to earn Merits and eventually rank up.

Does this idea makes any sense? Let me know guys what are your opinion about this.

EDIT:
I have noticed that few people are saying that the CMs don't have enough sMerits or Merits to provide for all the participants but as the suggestion of:
In my suggestion, the managers can just pick one suitable member to be given a Merit. Giving all of them are really a huge problem since there are a lot of members in a Signature Campaign.

OR,
As many as the CMs wants.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:48:58 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), AhmadM (1), Roboabhishek (1), Rooster101 (1)

I was wondering about the new system that has been implemented. We all know that it can be challenging to earn even a single merit, I mean not all the members of this forum are that familiar to what really is going on, especially to the new members.

So I will get to the point, so how about this, let's say we joined a Signature Campaign it lasts for four weeks. And every week you will be required a number of post, let's say 25 posts. So you've already met that requirement and has been confirmed by the Manager. We also know that the Manager reviews your posts if those are constructive, here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

Then its not going be hard as before for the participants to earn Merits and eventually rank up.

Does this idea makes any sense? Let me know guys what are your opinion about this.

no because sMerits are not infinite, campaign managers wont necessarily be sources.. 

but... I do believe that Campaign managers can and should be using merits to score new applicants, they are a much more viable criteria than trust. Personally if It was me I would be insisting on 10% more than base merits starting in a couple of weeks and then continually raising the bar.

this would enable managers to secure the best campaigns by having the most eloquent posters, the most informed, the most popular and the most knowledgeable people on campaigns.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
silverleew1

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Begone junkers!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:50:59 PM

Hold on there.. You are try to say that manager of campaign should be have a source merit to provide it?
If the source used in good hands then it's good and actually gonna be great idea.
But! If the source used in a wrong hands then.. spams merits going to be happened and it can easily collapse the system.

But if by your mean the manager of campaign should given their available merit that they has then it's excellent idea and you should pm them about it.
diguyo

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:57:10 PM

Hold on there.. You are try to say that manager of campaign should be have a source merit to provide it?
If the source used in good hands then it's good and actually gonna be great idea.
But! If the source used in a wrong hands then.. spams merits going to be happened and it can easily collapse the system.

But if by your mean the manager of campaign should given their available merit that they has then it's excellent idea and you should pm them about it.

I think that's the suggestion yeh, and I like it. If a coin creates and ANN, why not have that thread manager be a source of merit to reward the community of that coin? It has to be limited to ANN threads though I would say, you couldn't have anyone who creates a thread getting this power.

Would be a nice way to give some sort of control to the project itself and empower the dev/creator to reward. It would also incentivise the community to make positive contributions towards the projects.

NoNetwork (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:07:11 PM

That's why its only going to be in the hands of the managers, because they are the ones who're reviewing your posts if they're constructive enough to be accepted.

By mentioning the source, yes there has to be a source because the sMerits have expiration. And by this, we could conclude that the one giving us Merits are not just from anywhere.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:19:01 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Bad/lazy campaign managers and sig campaigns are a big part of the reason why the forum is a cesspool of spam right now...

I believe the merit system is in place partly to combat bad/lazy campaign managers who are not doing their job.  It would be truly stupid to then give them the power that essentially makes the new merit system useless.

I would say based on the earliest of evidence that smerit distribution is probably still a little bit low.  But given time we can hope that it will be adjusted.  Finding the balance point of making merit useful and useless will probably take some time but adjusting that balancing point to much before data is available also seems stupid.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:27:02 PM

I think this will cause more spam post than usual. 25 post a week is a huge number. 10-15 an almost standard requirement for a signature campaign creates so much spam how much more 25. Plus the fact that this will contribute a lot to your rank. I think this will not be good. I hope we can see the system as the way theymos sees it.
silverleew1

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Begone junkers!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:32:04 PM

Bad/lazy campaign managers and sig campaigns are a big part of the reason why the forum is a cesspool of spam right now...

I believe the merit system is in place partly to combat bad/lazy campaign managers who are not doing their job.  It would be truly stupid to then give them the power that essentially makes the new merit system useless.

I would say based on the earliest of evidence that smerit distribution is probably still a little bit low.  But given time we can hope that it will be adjusted.  Finding the balance point of making merit useful and useless will probably take some time but adjusting that balancing point to much before data is available also seems stupid.

This is exactly what I'm saying about "in a wrong hands".
But it's actually a bit a same with the system goes right now.. The legendary(usually the campaign managers are) already have their own enough smerit and rank safety to don't give a damn about it.
Even now as we speak, I already seen some people are trying to gain SOURCE Merit that theymos talking about by focusing about encouraging the Merit system and so on instead of what they actually discussed or post before the system is up.. Didn't you find it very fishy?
Well, I am sorry if it's just my speculation about it.
NoNetwork (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:38:49 PM

I think this will cause more spam post than usual. 25 post a week is a huge number. 10-15 an almost standard requirement for a signature campaign creates so much spam how much more 25. Plus the fact that this will contribute a lot to your rank. I think this will not be good. I hope we can see the system as the way theymos sees it.
I have to break it to you mate, the 25 posts that I've mentioned is the normal number of post required for the Signature Campaign that Bitcoin-payment-based , besides its just an example, right from the phrase 'let's say...'.

The system will not be affected, in fact its going to be improved. Why you asked? Because this will not only benefit the participants as they will be reviewed and going to be worthy of merit to their quality posts(if they have one) but also the Managers as they will be focused more to their jobs and you know somehow earn even more trust.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:29:44 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 06:15:04 PM by minersday
Merited by TMAN (2)

Stop being a lazy dumbass, everybody in here knows that you have probably 100 accounts in here and you have a little butthurt because you can not rank up anymore.
I have to break it to you mate, the 25 posts that I've mentioned is the normal number of post required for the Signature Campaign that Bitcoin-payment-based , besides its just an example, right from the phrase 'let's say...'
Yeah yeah... sure.. as an example, you will never get merit because you are a lazy dumbass who has less than 10 IQ and is always shit posting in here. Wow, another guy complaining about the Merit System! What a curious thing to realize that you are so frustrated right?
The system will not be affected, in fact its going to be improved. Why you asked? Because this will not only benefit the participants as they will be reviewed and going to be worthy of merit to their quality posts
Came on, i can really smell from here how hungry you are for getting those 0.005 - 0.012 a week from your campaign! What a SAD situation right? You can not rank up anymore!
but also the Managers as they will be focused more to their jobs and you know somehow earn even more trust.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 05:41:04 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 06:10:33 PM by arallmuus
Merited by TMAN (5)

Came on, i can really smell from here how hungry you are for getting those 0.005 - 0.012 a week from your campaign! What a SAD situation right? You can not rank up anymore

I totally smell the same shit as well

@NoNetwork

You can totally quote those two posts and just reply it in one post of yours but instead you made two posts. Lame

Edit : it seems he either deleted it or got deleted

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:01:42 PM

Came on, i can really smell from here how hungry you are for getting those 0.005 - 0.012 a week from your campaign! What a SAD situation right? You can not rank up anymore

I totally smell the same shit as well

@NoNetwork

You can totally quote those two posts and just reply it in one post of yours but instead you made two posts. Lame

They still need the activity...

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:12:28 PM

As a campaign manager, I believe this is one is a good suggestion, It will be helpful to the constructive/ quality posters. I'll try my best to reward it to my campaign participants.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:18:32 PM

Edit : it seems he either deleted it or got deleted
LOL.. It seems to be the former to be more true than the latter.
If only he knew how to.  Roll Eyes

I believe the merit system is in place partly to combat bad/lazy campaign managers who are not doing their job.  It would be truly stupid to then give them the power that essentially makes the new merit system useless.

I would say based on the earliest of evidence that smerit distribution is probably still a little bit low.  But given time we can hope that it will be adjusted.  Finding the balance point of making merit useful and useless will probably take some time but adjusting that balancing point to much before data is available also seems stupid.
Hardly anyone is receiving/sending merits to users who are posting in real bitcoin related discussions, the smerit is still being distributed only near and around the meta board.
Mods should have an eye on managers and terrible managers shouldn't be allowed to be merit sources, if ever the suggestion is going to be implemented in action.

NoNetwork (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:20:20 PM

Stop being a lazy dumbass, everybody in here knows that you have probably 100 accounts in here and you have a little butthurt because you can not rank up anymore. I can really smell your little Phillipino's heart & spirit; which is making you shit post all over the entire forum.
Oh really now, I have shit posts? Let's compare then. Why are you so mad mate? This is just a suggestion, nothing to be mad about. Are you a kid or something, hothead? So immature.
Yeah yeah... sure.. as an example, you will never get merit because you are a lazy dumbass who has less than 10 IQ and is always shit posting in here. Wow, another guy complaining about the Merit System! What a curious thing to realize that you are so frustrated right?
Ok less than 10 IQ? I wonder if that kind of person really exist, Oh yeah there's no such person. But no it was you isn't it? Not frustrated really, just want to optimize the system.
Came on, i can really smell from here how hungry you are for getting those 0.005 - 0.012 a week from your campaign! What a SAD situation right? You can not rank up anymore!
Hungry? How funny, Its a shame I have more money than you do.
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:26:52 PM

The current system does most likely already what you are asking for.

If you post high quality posts and you are in a signature campaign then the signature manager either takes a look at the posts of his participants and can most likely merit those which are of higher quality or the manager doesnt even check the posts in which case you most likely dont have to be afraid you need merit for this campaign and you can simply count on other users giving your posts merit.

And since signature campaign managers are generally of higher ranks and therefore earn merit faster then the average, they would have enough merit to spare for the higher quality posts if they would like to.

So if you take place in a signature campaign with a dedicated manager then you can already get the behaviour which you are wishing for  Wink

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:35:40 PM

Oh really now, I have shit posts? Let's compare then. Why are you so mad mate? This is just a suggestion, nothing to be mad about. Are you a kid or something, hothead? So immature.
Immature, yeah. That's exactly what it is.* Nobody is mad, it's just stating the obvious.
Ok less than 10 IQ? I wonder if that kind of person really exist, Oh yeah there's no such person. But no it was you isn't it? Not frustrated really, just want to optimize the system.
People do exist with terrible IQ, did you not know that? Too bad. Irony much.
Hungry? How funny, Its a shame I have more money than you do.
OH yes, everybody forgot that you're a bitcoin whale.
*Please note the obvious sarcasm.

Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:36:20 PM

I cannot see how the merit system could fight against the bad/lazy CMs. They can easily ignore merits and stay as bad/lazy as they were.

In accordance to the suggestion of OP, having a CM as a merit source does not have a downside IMO. These CMs do weekly reviews on their participants' post history so they are suitable for being a MS. Well obviously not all are qualified. A good MS for me should be yahoo, atriz, darkstar, lutpin and other CMs whom had established their worth as a CM. I am not saying that all of them should be MS but imagine one/some of them being a MS.

Stop being a lazy dumbass, everybody in here knows that you have probably 100 accounts in here and you have a little butthurt because you can not rank up anymore.

LOL, I wonder where all these hatred coming from. Also, no proof regarding having 100 accounts. I bet you'll think I'm his alt. Goodluck proving that Cheesy

I haven't seen any complaints. I only see suggestion.

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:47:10 PM

What are you suggesting is not bad, but I really sense that you are scared of not getting any merit. There are lot of great campaign manager in this forum, we all know that so I wont say name in here.
Just be confidence and step up your (us) game, and I am sure manager will give us merits, since they grade our post on a week basis and they know who is worthy of their merits.
For people in here who is scared of not getting your rank up, I guess it is better to think about a strategy to get merits rather than talk negative and suggesting something that is not certain to be accepted by others ( I mean, suggesting things is good, but I guess if you put more of your energy into things that will give you merits, you will get merits already)
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:54:55 PM

I don't see the point. Before taking you to the company Manager watching your posts. He evaluates them and makes a decision.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: